collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I am absolutely SICK of people on eBay!!  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I am absolutely SICK of people on eBay!!
« on: April 09, 2012, 01:43:31 AM »
I need to vent! I'm sick to death of people on eBay!!!

I now have 2 neutrals and 2 negatives!! :throw: I've had 100% for ages and then this! Do people not send emails any more about problems?! Are people even interested in problem resolution or just complaining?! And is leaving neutrals and negatives contagious?! Because all but one have literally happened from selling one lot of stuff lately! (Even more annoying is that it's not my stuff, I sold it for my husband...)

Negative number 1: Man in UK buys electronic item in NTSC/North America format and proceeds to move to Argentina then leaves negative because it doesn't work. That's because you are in SOUTH America and it is in North America format :throw:

Negative number 2: Man buys an item of husband's Warhammer, leaves negative stating it is missing an arm and that I ignored his message to ask about said arm before the auction ended. Firstly I did not receive a message (anyone else having issues with messages on eBay not arriving? I've had a few...) Admittedly this thing is missing an arm and you can't tell from the photo, this was an oversight mainly due to me not knowing about Warhammer and just listing as 'sold as seen' because hubby didn't have time to go into mass descriptions for his stuff (WON'T be happening again after this nonsense!) But pray tell, WHY did this man bid when he was in any doubt about the item's condition?! He asked a question, didn't get an answer and BID ANYWAY!

Neutral number 1: simply states "missing arm". Another 'sold as seen' auction but this had a CLEAR picture of the thing WITHOUT AN ARM!!!

Neutral number 2: "items arrived damaged due to packaging, damage not in photo" - I know I packed everything really carefully, I always do, so something's happened here... rough postman? Dunno...

But WHY WHY WHY does no one contact me about these things?!! I would rather have sent the electronics guy a full refund of his whopping 99p he spent on the thing rather than receive a negative, would rather have refunded the £2.20-something that 'ignored message man' spent on that, I would have pointed out the photo of missing arm number 2 and hoped that the buyer realised and left appropriate feedback, and I would have worked with damaged goods guy to figure out what went wrong

It's just so frustrating!! I feel like no one's going to want to trade with me or buy my stuff... I have 1435 feedback and other than this it's all positive but still... :(  And at a time when I've just decided to buy eBay lots of ponies to do up and sell on too :(

Thanks for reading, I just needed to get that out

Sarah xx

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I am absolutely SICK of people on eBay!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 02:04:07 AM »
Argh that so annoying! :mad:
I know I have bought a few thing whitout reading the description  but I always go back to check the pics and such. I would never leave a neg feedback in such case, thats just rude :(

Are the feedback permanent? there is no way that you could work it out whit the buyer? :( (I'm new at ebay, so I dont know alot :p)

I would still buy from you ^^ I'm eyeing a feeww thing  :woot:

Best if luck to you:)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 02:09:08 AM »
Aw thanks zzzova :hug:

As far as I'm aware buyers can no longer request removal of feedback they've left for someone and talking to eBay about the fairness of feedback is like hitting your head against a wall. I had one person leave me a positive comment under a neutral marker once and had to fight tooth and nail to get eBay to sort it out. Everything else just gets a generic response from evilbay saying they don't get involved with feedback and it's the buyers opinion... blah blah blah.

If I contacted these people and sorted it out with them then they have the option to follow up their feedback with a comment such as 'seller resolved issue' but, and I don't know if this is just because I'm mad right now and this is probably not the attitude I should be taking, but they've already left their bad marks on my feedback, I don't want to now resolve it for them as well as having that on my record. I'll review this once I've calmed down :P

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:14:18 AM »
Well that.... s*ck! :O I really dont get why thay wouldn't contact you if anything went wrong :s As a buyer I would want it to get fixed, it would help me to leave a bad feedback.
Hope you will be dealing whit nicer people next time! :hug:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 02:59:57 AM »
As the seller you can request the buyer change the feedback. It can only be done once and I dont know how to do it.  Communicate with them and ask them how you can make it better, then ask them to fix it.

For the one that clearly showed the arm in the picture, report the feedback as wrong or unjustified or whatever eBay has you file it as since the auction was very clear. Then you can get it removed.

It sucks to have to deal with this stuff. Best of luck to you.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 05:10:31 AM »
Thanks Maniah I'll try that :) x

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 05:20:22 AM »
 :hug: Sarah!

I know it's dissapointing to have your feedback tarnished over a couple of  buyers who do not take the time to read the description or look closely at pictures.  And then refuse to have any communication with you to try and solve the problem. 

I am sorry but I know there are bad sellers out there but there are equally as many bad buyers.  But noone wants to see that side of it. The thing of it is I was under the impression that ebay urges the buyer to make contact with the seller before leaving a negative, so they had ample opportunity to try and resolve the issue with you.

If I was you I would contact your buyers with a polite message and say that you understand their dissapointment but why did they not contact you, as you would have tried to make it right.  And see what they say, at that point if you can work out an agreement I would then ask them to please consider changing the feedback they left for you.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:20:58 AM »
Sarah - I might be wrong but I thought Ebay raised the one feedback revision a year rule. Look into that if you get a chance and try to fix the negatives.

I experienced the same problem as you. I had 3 horrible buyers within a month. Two left negative and one left neutral. I thought "Oh my god no one is going to buy from me with these on the front page!!!"

But it turned out nothing changed. Maybe it was because my responses to them where very on point. So respond to the negatives if you can't get them removed.

Also, sell a bunch of little things and get them off the front page.

Don't worry, you'll be fine :-)

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »
Sarah - I might be wrong but I thought Ebay raised the one feedback revision a year rule. Look into that if you get a chance and try to fix the negatives.
From ebay's policy page about feedback revision:
Sellers will be allowed to send 5 requests per 1,000 Feedback earned per year. So, every seller will have at least five requests per year. High volume sellers (those earning more than 1,000 Feedback per year) will earn the ability to send more requests.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline mayanbutterfly

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+146)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mayanbutterfly's Custom My Little Ponies and More!
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:10:26 PM »
I know what you mean, I've had people being really rude to me lately and one person right now wants a full refund with out returning the item.  And I think I'm going to get negative feedback from them, but I think they should have to return the item for a refund. :(

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 06:51:31 PM »
Oh my goondess! you've been dealing with some awful  ebay situations lately :sad: :yikes: :(  I'm so sorry to hear this hun! :hug:  there really are a lot more buyers out there on ebay who think they can get away with this kind of behaviour. They dont bother to read descriptions, dont bother to work with the seller, dont bother to communicate *sigh* and its because there are no real bad consequences for bad buyers these days on ebay  :cloud:
If I was you I would contact your buyers with a polite message and say that you understand their dissapointment but why did they not contact you, as you would have tried to make it right.  And see what they say, at that point if you can work out an agreement I would then ask them to please consider changing the feedback they left for you.

This is what I would do too ^^ sometimes they will be willing to work with you and revise the feedback. Even if they dont though, write a follow up to those negs and neutrals explaining briefly what happened. Dont show you are upset in the responses, just state the facts.  How you respond  (both when you message the buyer, and when you do the follow up) will often effect the outcome. Future buyers will not usually be put off by a few negs when there are reasonable responses ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 01:03:40 AM »
Thanks guys :) Riglets you're right, I've had some right nonsense on eBay lately! Hence the very apparent frustration in my original post lol! I've calmed down now :) The first negative guy was in August last year so I'm not going to do anything about that one, I *might* have already messaged the second negative guy with a polite but very blunt message about the situation and he *might* have sent a very rude response, to which my reply *may* not have been as polite as my first message, ahem,  so I think I'll leave that one alone too :P But the neutrals, I will contact them and see what happens :) Thanks guys xx

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 09:15:36 AM »
I'm having another whinge :P

I got ANOTHER neutral! AGAIN for something that wasn't even mine, it was for my hubby. The buyer said "Not a Games Workshop item, it is (other brand)". Hubby assures me and of course I believe him because he wouldn't lie to me, that is is a GW item.... I can't even be bothered messing around with sorting these out any more, it's just sickening that my feedback was perfect until I sold for other people :( Won't be doing that again!

I got a posotive that said "satisfactory seller" too which I didn't like! This was a pony and was EXACTLY as described with detailed photos and I sent her two days after the person paid so  I don't see why 'satisfactory' is an appropriate comment. The pony was in fair to poor condition so I don't know if they just didn't read the listing properly and were dissappointed? I dunno, I'm just fed up of it. I think I may be being too protective over my feedback now I've had some bad stuff going on with it... dunno... just venting :/

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 09:55:43 PM »
I'm sorry you're going through this. I have a bunch of stuff to post and I'm a bit wary. I've been seeing other sellers' feedback and cringing.

I've had problems in the past with the messaging on Ebay with sellers in the UK. Not the seller's fault. One seller would respond immediately and we did many transactions. Since we were both prompt, if we didn't receive a response right away, we would resend the messages and let the other person know what happened.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 04:36:41 AM »
Sarah how terrible!

It always seems like when it rains it pours :cry:

Ebay brings out the crazies that's for sure!

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal