collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do wish you had kept in your collection? (All generations welcome)  (Read 3859 times)

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Any of my childhood ponies (I have zero recollection of who I had because I really did not like them). I do recall I had a mexican sea pony my Grandpa brought back from Mexico, I loved it but can't recall who it was. I think it was color changing with a from float?

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
*sigh* I wish I hadnt traded some of my childhood ponies... (all G1, Talking Pony, Pony Bride, Wildflower, one of my Baby Tappys, Baby Shaggy....). And I wish I had kept my G1 Plush Ponies (Mommy and Baby sets!). I sold them to pay for new tires for a car that totally wrecked down only half a year later. I thought I might get them back sooner or later but its been ten years now and... nope. I got only about 50,- for all three sets, Id never get them back for even near that XD

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
I kept my Cotton Candy Shop and Twinkle Twirl's Dance Studio, but donated my Butterfly Island  :cry: I still regret that. It was so fun, but I thought I had outgrown ponies by then.

I also wish I had kept my G2 playsets. At least I kept all my ponies! I think I just gave away or misplaced a few fakies.

Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
This thread is making me scared to get rid of any ponies, ever!
I've been fairly lucky when it comes to keeping old toys from my childhood, although I do slightly regret getting rid of a ballerina Sindy whose shoes were repainted by my dad. Thankfully the only childhood pony things my girlfriend got rid of were the playsets, all the actual ponies are safe and sound. We are annoyed that we still haven't been able to find all of the birthday set that she knows she had. So far we have found Tutti Frutti, two party blowers, the Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Pony game (minus the tail  :shakefist:), a cup, two plates, a candle, and half of the cake. Where are you, tiny accessories? Did you go to the charity shop by mistake? Will we ever find you?

But actually, I’m more angry that I can’t find a photo of them. My Gram at one point wanted to take a picture of me with my ponies, and I spent ages setting them all up for the photo. This was quite close to the end of my childhood pony collecting daystoo, so it would have been most, if not all, of my collection. I’ve been looking for years for that photo but it seems to have vanished. Sadly, that photo can’t be replaced like my ponies have been.

Elf

I feel you on this, I was joking the other day that my biggest toy-collecting grail isn't even a toy, but a photo of me with my childhood beanie collection. Hope you find your pony photo one day, photos can hide in unlikely places.

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
ALL MY CHILDHOOD PONIES BECAUSE I WAS AN IDIOT. I had a baby liquorice for Celestia's sake! So I'll cry about giving them up because I thought I was too grown up for them forever, probably.

Offline applejackSA

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
I had to sell my ENTIRE collection due to financial reasons. Every time I look at photos of my collection it breaks my heart:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm trying my best to piece together the entire collection again, starting with the two My Pretty Ponies and the Original Six Flat Feet.
Actively seeking the Brown or Peach My Pretty Pony, Moondancer Clock, G1 Money Banks, Applejack Puffy Sticker, Li'l Cupcake, Waterfall Playset, G1 Plush, Petites and Dream Beauties

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
My ribbons!  I used to keep them in a big basket with the ribbons my mom tied in my hair when I was a little girl.  At some point I stopped wearing ribbons in my hair and the whole basket was donated to thrift.  I wasn't into ponies at the time (having outgrown them for the time being) and didn't think about it.  I know all but two of my pony ribbons were in there... ah!

It's especially frustrating as I otherwise took very good care of my childhood ponies, still have all of them and their brushes and accessories.

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
ALL MY CHILDHOOD PONIES BECAUSE I WAS AN IDIOT. I had a baby liquorice for Celestia's sake! So I'll cry about giving them up because I thought I was too grown up for them forever, probably.

I have baby Liquorice, I might not like the candy but I love her colors
Spoiler
Needs a good scrub as she was with me on alot of adventures when I was a kid
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile

I have baby Liquorice, I might not like the candy but I love her colors
Spoiler
Needs a good scrub as she was with me on alot of adventures when I was a kid

Agreed, she's super cute! I'm still working on replacing the ones I remember.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Speaking of sweetie babies, this is not me exactly but...

I still want to know what my sister did with her childhood Liquorice's clip. It has not been seen for about eight years...

Sigh.

She also lost Tracks' hat and Skyflier the Dream Beauty. Tracks' hat has appeared. The Dream Beauty...no idea what happened to that either. She's probably still in the parents' house somewhere...but where...and in what state...is a very good question.

As for the Liquorice clip, those things are way too expensive to just lose -.-.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
I dont think I have any of the brushes or hair clips on my childhood ponies yet the ponies is in pretty good condition.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I dont think I have any of the brushes or hair clips on my childhood ponies yet the ponies is in pretty good condition.

I have the clips to my two. Naynie genuinely doesn't care about pony accessories, though. She considers them a waste of packing space xD. I'm amazed that as yet she hasn't lost her retro combs, and the stitched on ribbons are great to prevent her losing them. So I'm obsessively keeping things in bags and boxes and she's like, eh. I have custody of some of her rarer accessories but Liquorice's clip vanished before I could get to it. I have her 7 character combs, her seaside baby float...and when her ponies were out last I manually packed some accessories with the specific pony, like GH Ringlets, to keep them safe. But the sweetie clip annoys me because they're so expensive. And she's just like, "well, it's probably somewhere..."
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
I hope I have some in the attic since the kitchen and Petit MLP castle is up there.
Icon by Minty_Magic

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal