collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rate the last movie you watched?  (Read 25584 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Rate the last movie you watched?
« Reply #375 on: December 26, 2023, 06:03:39 PM »
Gremlins - 10/10

A day late for Christmas but still one of my favs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 26, 2023, 06:53:56 PM »
Twas the Night Before Christmas by Rankin Bass. Not sure if it's too short to count as a movie but kinda am since it's a special. Anyway 10/10. It's one of my husband's favorite Christmas specials.

The one with the mice that sing "Even a Miracle Needs a Hand"?  That's one of my favorite specials too. :D   I don't hear it mentioned much.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 26, 2023, 09:28:37 PM »
Wonka: 6/10. It was a sweet feel good movie….which was also kind of my problem with it haha! I’m used to Willy Wonka stories having a bit of a dark undertone and this one was just a little TOO sweet and silly imo. I also had no idea it was a musical going into it, so I had a difficult time getting over that. The visuals were fun though and the connection between Wonka and Noodle was cute.

Leaving the World Behind: 8/10. I really liked this movie! Despite its long run time it held my attention the whole way through and I felt like it had an interesting and relevant theme to today’s world. I always like movies that highlight that in disasters you need to rely on other people, not turn against them.

Elf: It’s a yearly rewatch, but 10/10. Seriously it’s a perfectly crafted story imo, it’s a fun watch every single year!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #378 on: December 27, 2023, 01:19:20 AM »
Jurassic World 6/10. The velociraptors went from scary monsters to puppies in this one. It's the biggest downer in the movie.. and that the female lead ran around in heels. It was saved by the T-Rex! The Rex on the top of the building shouting to the world saved the movie.

Rebel Moon 6/10. The first half was really good. But then it kind of lost it. It had some really cool scenes and characters, but I don't really get the point. And it was very predictable.
Spoiler
I sat there for an hour waiting for the obvious betrayal.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 27, 2023, 04:29:21 PM »
Forgot to mention another film I've rewatched recently -

Goodnight Mister Tom - Very good adaptation of a brilliant book, I just wish it was a little bit longer. They cut a LOT of stuff from the book, most of the cuts make sense since it was a TV film and you can only fit in so much, I just feel like it needed to be maybe 5 minutes longer. Some of the scenes just needed a little more time to "breathe", if that makes sense. Otherwise a very true-to-the-book adaptation and well worth a watch (though as a warning, it does deal with child abuse, so be mindful of that).

Back to the Future - Caught this on Sky Showcase today and couldn't resist <3 One of my favourite films, what more is there to say! Pure cinematic perfection.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 29, 2023, 03:18:33 PM »
Super Mario Brothers Movie  8/10

Overall it was a fun movie even if it seemed a little bit disjointed to me in spots. For example there'd be a scene with Mario and Princess Peach and then a jump to what's happening to Luigi.  Then back to Mario and Peach.  I loved seeing the different game environments incorporated in to the movie.

Spoiler
I couldn't stand that blue star though.  I think it was supposed to be one of Rosalina's Luma but it talks constantly about dying and death while it's locked in a cage suspended over a lava pit with the other prisoners (penguins, Luigi Cranky Kong etc..)  I'm guessing it was supposed to be funny, but it felt really out of place especially in a movie that's marketed to kids. 

Also, if felt like the ending of the movie seemed a bit rushed.  I expected more from the foreshadowing earlier and Peach's backstory seemed to not go anywhere.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 31, 2023, 03:17:58 AM »
The Holliday 9/10 this is one of my ultimate feelgood movies. I just love it.

Love Actually 7/10 a little cringe but I love the assembly of all the wonderful brittish actors. Especially Christopher Marshall, I'm so used to see him as a serious police officer and here he is not that.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 31, 2023, 06:00:12 PM »
 :lol: I watched Home Alone 1 on Christmas Eve and Home Alone 2 on Christmas Day. :heart:

Both 10/10!  :green:

I watched Rescue Dawn (2006) on New Year's Eve. Christian Bale :heart: :P

8/10 :green:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 06:05:43 PM by Heart Of Midnight »
:zzz:

Offline Oniontart

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 01, 2024, 11:34:48 AM »
I watched the semi new Netflix movie "Leave the world behind" and I was somewhat disappointed.
To me it was very boring, plot was very, could I say, insignificant. To me no real storyline and just anticlimax to another  :huh:

2/10

That two points comes for the fact that any movie with humankind suffering makes me happy and that loads of deer were presented  :nod:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 02, 2024, 05:02:12 AM »
The Lost City. 10/10 it was so hilarious! Great acting, I love when they don't take themselves serious! I love a good B action and this was the best one I've seen in a while.

Offline brmylittleponycollector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Hello, I study Veterinary Medicine&collect Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #386 on: January 03, 2024, 11:43:57 AM »
The last film I watched and really liked was the second Winx film! Winx Aventura Magica de (2010) I watched it on December 22nd!
I watched the film, and I can't wait for it to come out in Portuguese, although many people say that it is focused on Bloom, I disagree, Bloom stays in Domino, giving space to the other Winx, my opinion.
Other people say that the film has nothing to do with the 4th season, apart from the believix fact, they believe that the film is the continuation of the 1st film "Secret of the Lost Kingdom", I disagree, I think the Winx are in Alfea for some reason, perhaps for a festival, as we can see at the beginning of the film. If anyone saw the 4th season, they must have understood that the winx were on earth for a mission, and after completing the mission, they return to Magix, that's the which I think is based on the 2nd film.
Unfortunately Roxy didn't appear in the film, but if we take a good look, Nabu also didn't appear in the 1st film. The film does have a certain "connection" with the 4th season and even with the 1st film as well.
As the film is in Italian, I watched it with subtitles, so that's what I give this film an 8. I love Winx Club!

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 03, 2024, 01:50:09 PM »
Bram Stokers Dracula. I love this movie, it's my favorite Dracula movie. 8/10

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 07, 2024, 04:05:54 AM »
Enola Holmes 2 7/10 Henry Cavill :heart:
Rim of the world 9/10
Inferno 6/10 I actually agreed with the villain in the book.
The killer 6/10
The talented mr Ripley 7/10

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 07, 2024, 11:38:08 AM »
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. I watched it again last night because why not. I love it so much!
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal