collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~Mug Swap 2013~ All done!  (Read 29082 times)

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: ~Mug Swap 2013~
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 06:55:51 AM »
I'm deliberately holding myself back from browsing until I know exactly who I'm buying for and what to look for.. Other wise I just know that I'll see amazing things for EVERYONE too! :blush:
:fox:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: ~Mug Swap 2013~
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2013, 07:39:40 AM »
This does sound intersting...

Join join join!! *twists tikis arm*

ETA:
Here's some pics of my mugs! More pics in the spoiler :]. I've also added these to my questions post to make it easier on my partner.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

photo(34) by haileymarie93, on Flickr

Spoiler

image by haileymarie93, on Flickr

The smaller Aristocats and Pocahontas ones are just for my collection :]. They sit on my collection shelf and are not to be used. Lol

image(5) by haileymarie93, on Flickr

image(4) by haileymarie93, on Flickr

Aren't these little guys adorable? I don't usually use my zebra ones, either xD. They are on my zebra shelf.

image(3) by haileymarie93, on Flickr

This is what I mean by stuff inside the cup :]. This one is my current "in use" cup. I got it this summer when we went to sea world :].

image(2) by haileymarie93, on Flickr

image(1) by haileymarie93, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:55:45 AM by mkia9 »

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: ~Mug Swap 2013~ Sign ups OPEN!!
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 12:48:36 PM »
Yay Im in:)
Favorite color: I love purple,but I have mugs in every color.They could be black or completely cover in pink glitter I would love them all the same!

Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!): I love most sweets my favs are licorice and M&M especially If I have a partner from another country as we only get plan chocolate and peanut M&Ms here but I love trying the different flavours other places get:) I love cinnamon,cherry,apple flavored sweets of any kind!as for drinks I drink loads of Tea so that is always welcome as is Coffee and Hot chocolate.

What kinds of mugs do you like? (Ex. Small, large, designs, etc.) Give your partner an idea of the things you like!: Okay I love mugs(as we must all do to have joined this swap lol)I would love some unique and unusual.I buy different ones where ever we go and the range for standard pretty mugs to charterer faces lol My fav mug at the moment is my Harry Potter studios one I brought last year:) It use to be my jurassic park mug but that has a chip in it now and lives in the cupboard lol I Have a Deadliest catch mug and loads more that I cant think of right now:) So I think if you see a mug and think WOW that awesome/different/pretty/wacky then I will no doubt LOVE IT lol Oh Im hugely into Vampires like Buffy,Twilight,True blood so you cant go wrong with vamp themed mug lol I like animals my favs are bats wolfs and orcas.

Things I don't like: Birds and Butterfly lol

What would be good extras for you?: The sweets/drinks I listed are all good extras,I like magnets and I love getting postcards/touristy things form my partners home town/state/country(even if your only up the road from me lol

I will get a pic taken tomorrow of my mugs and post it here:)

How do you feel about travel mugs?
I'm happy to receive a travel mug if you have and budget left after buying a real mug :)

Antique/second hand cups?
I happy with second hand mugs if you find one that you think I will like:) as for Teacups Im afraid I dont like them.

Handmade things?
Yes of course

How do we all feel about coasters as extras?
I do use coasters so 1 as a extra would be welcome

McDonalds Happy Meal Ponies - Minus G1, Are you missing any? Are you seeking any? Do you have an army of any?
Nope I dont need any ;)

What devices do you have for making your hot drinks (eg: tea pots, esspresso machine, coffee grinders)?
Tea pot and Kettle

Candles?
Yes love candles although I would think they would be expensive to post :)

How do you feel about a neat spoon or stirring-like object as an extra? Are you more simplistic and just use a spoon, or would you like a coffee stirrer?
A spoon would be great x

Are you vegan/vegetarian?
Nope :)

Any pets? If so, do they like (or are they allowed) pet snacks?
I have a cat but he is not overly found of treats(strange cat) lol

Do y'all like hot chocolate, hot cider, or other hot drinks that can be consumed from mugs?
All of them although I have tried hot cider:)

How would you feel about having a custom mug made for you? Either the photo-type ones you can do or something like that? Maybe of your ponysona? Maybe of something that you listed in your likes? That would be cool something made just for me would always be welcome x

Do you take baths at all? yes all the time this time of the year lol

Do you need/want My Little Pony cups? no thank you :blush:

Favorite animals, birds and or bugs? wolfs orcas bats I dont really like bugs lol

Do you have any favorite movies/games/characters you might want a mug of?  or maybe we could use this for ideas for extras and not mugs too xD: I love twilight and buffy the vampire slayer one of my favorite games is ratchet and clank lol

What is your favorite season? Autumn I love it:)

Are you left or right handed?
Right handed 

Do you like to read, if so what kinds of books?
I love reading I read loads of different books like teen series(twilight harry potter mortal instruments) supernatural thrillers like dean koontz murder/thrillers like patricia cornwell plus loads of others and im always looking out for something new lol I even enjoy the odd comic lol

Several of us have said we want normal sized mugs. I just went shopping and I'm finding that there are lots of sizes and shapes. Are you okay with something rounded instead of a cylinder?  Is it okay if a mug is slightly larger than normal but not huge? I found a pretty mug but I'm worried it is not a normal mug. 

Yes as long as its not a huge fish bowl anything goes:)

Do you have pierced ears? yes I do x

I live in Arizona, and have sometimes seen mugs made by the Indians on the reservations here. They end up looking like glazed clay type mugs. Is this something you'd be interested in, partner?  Something like that would be great.

Would you mind if your name was on the cup? if so what do you prefer to be called?  
I have one with my name on but I would be ok with my username without the 1 lol

Are you okay with getting a mug that would need to be hand washed? I only hand wash so yes lol

If you were to receive a hand painted mug...what would you want on it? Of all your interests, what would you most want a custom mug of?  I don't know maybe a halloween themed mug(i know thats not on my interests lol) to be honest when its handmade just for me it would always be special regardless of what theme you went with xx

Do you have a preferred brand of coffee or tea that you like or dislike? nope not that I can think of so send what ever you like best x

Some people have mentioned liking certain themes for mugs that may end up coming with some writing on them, for example, I like fish, so perhaps someone finds a fish mug and it says "Gone Fishin'" or something goofy... or that you're a teacher and it says, "Teachers are A+", the item itself is COOL - it's not a boring silly mug with just a slogan on it, but it might have writing in addition to being cool, something silly or touching or whatever... is this an issue for you?
Writing on a cool mug is fine with me:)

More about jewelry. Do you wear jewelry at all? Do you wear bracelets or necklaces? I have some supplies to make jewelry with some animals/characters/things you listed in your likes and I want to make sure you would want something like that in the first place. Yes I wear jewelry mainly bracelets and rings but sometime necklaces too I like them collarbone length

Coffee drinkers, whole or ground? ground please

Do you prefer loose tea or tea bags? Would a tea infuser (like a cute novelty one) be good as part of your extras? I dont have a tea infuser so bags please
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:25:18 PM by wiccanpony1 »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »
YAY! We have 8 people already?! I have been scoping out mugs at places while shopping around, I think I will be able to do pretty well on this swap! I'ma bit worried about shipping, International shipping could be like $50 if it's heavy enough...

If you guys haven't specifically mentioned it - can I ask: How do you feel about travel mugs?
As I wrote - I would love one! :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2013, 01:40:01 PM »
They're ok. I don't use them much because I hate not being able to pop them in the dishwasher...  >_<  Pure laziness, that.
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »
They're ok. I don't use them much because I hate not being able to pop them in the dishwasher...  >_<  Pure laziness, that.

^Consider the ones being found dishwasher safe? Hehe :) I always put mine in the dishwasher anyway, lol... they've survived for years so far...

My Want List

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2013, 01:48:49 PM »
How do you feel about travel mugs? I think I'd prefer a tumbler if you have enough budget left after buying a mug :). Or one of the tumblers that can do both cold and hot! That'd be convenient :). Oh and I have no dishwasher, so don't worry about anything that isn't dishwasher safe!

As for international, we have two international participants so far. In the rules it states that everyone must be willing to ship international. I'm going to assign the partners randomly (more fun for me! Lol). But it hopefully won't break anyone's budget.

That being said, if anyone WANTS an international partner (to get different things you may not have in your country), please pm and let me know!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:50:55 PM by mkia9 »

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »
Since we're not shipping THIS month, I can probably deal with an international partner for this swap - I just have had International partners in my last 3 swaps... lol...

What is a "tumbler"? - sorry? Hot and cold so, thermos? Is that the same thing? :blush: Forgive me!

My Want List

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2013, 01:53:32 PM »

^Consider the ones being found dishwasher safe? Hehe :) I always put mine in the dishwasher anyway, lol... they've survived for years so far...

I still remember the last one I tried that with... -_-  RIP little Monokuro Boo....  At least it didn't explode like some of the horror stories I heard growing up. But it was more than a hairline fracture and that's all she wrote. :cloud:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »

What is a "tumbler"? - sorry? Hot and cold so, thermos? Is that the same thing? :blush: Forgive me!

If you look at the pics I posted of my mugs, the chihuahua cup on the far left is a tumbler :). They're like the plastic travel cups with lids and straws. I love them!!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2013, 02:06:58 PM »

If you look at the pics I posted of my mugs, the chihuahua cup on the far left is a tumbler :). They're like the plastic travel cups with lids and straws. I love them!!

Ooh yes! I was wondering if those would count for this swap! If so - I love those too!! :biggrin:

Post Merge: September 22, 2013, 02:07:52 PM

I still remember the last one I tried that with... -_-  RIP little Monokuro Boo....  At least it didn't explode like some of the horror stories I heard growing up. But it was more than a hairline fracture and that's all she wrote. :cloud:

What materials are they made out of? the ones you're talking about? I have a ceramic one, as well as a plastic coated one that I put in the dishwasher. I do not put my aluminum ones in the dishwasher though...

My Want List

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2013, 02:10:43 PM »

Ooh yes! I was wondering if those would count for this swap! If so - I love those too!! :biggrin:

I think I would try to get the mug first, and then if you have budget left, a tumbler would be a great second item :). (If your partner likes them, that is!)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2013, 02:13:19 PM »

I think I would try to get the mug first, and then if you have budget left, a tumbler would be a great second item :). (If your partner likes them, that is!)

I agree completely. My focus is a MUG but, since I like travel mugs - if we go for a 2nd mug or something, perhaps we could choose something like that as a 2nd item? :) If that's okay? I could go personally for a travel mug OR tumbler if my partner has budget for a 2nd "mug" after getting a TRUE mug, lol

My Want List

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »

I agree completely. My focus is a MUG but, since I like travel mugs - if we go for a 2nd mug or something, perhaps we could choose something like that as a 2nd item? :) If that's okay? I could go personally for a travel mug OR tumbler if my partner has budget for a 2nd "mug" after getting a TRUE mug, lol

Absolutely! Personally, I would love a tumbler as a second item :D. I use them almost everyday at work/school. I usually fill mine with ice, then pour my hot green tea over it and make iced green tea! :D lol.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2013, 02:27:06 PM »
I just want ceramic mugs.  :)   Or pretty tea cups. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal