collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Everfree Northwest wants you!  (Read 497 times)

Offline MyLittlePonyTales

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
    • Everfree Northwest
Everfree Northwest wants you!
« on: November 05, 2013, 12:08:30 PM »
Hey there! So, I know there are a ton of you that like My Little Pony conventions. Well, would you like to help make one happen? Join the Everfree Northwest staff team today! Currently, there are a few key positions open that the convention is looking to fill. If you would like to just be general staff, and not one of the listed positions, applications will be open in a few months. Right now, there are just a few key members of the team that we still need. Email [email protected] if you are interested or you would like more information about these specific openings. So, without further ado, the open positions!

Registration Lead:
Everfree Northwest is currently seeking to hire the leader of the Registration team. This is a very important job—after all, there wouldn’t be a convention without attendees! The Registration Lead will work with the IT department to create the best registration experience possible for attendees, both online and day-of the convention. They will need to develop a plan of action for taking care of registration at con, including requesting supplies and planning ways to improve the structure of lines and the way Registration is run as a whole if necessary. For those who love planning and organizing, this is a job for you!

Visual Arts Lead:
The Visual Arts Lead of Everfree Northwest will be responsible for planning and coordinating the arts and crafts room at the con, and perhaps a few other art related events. This will require prior planning and work throughout the year. Visual Arts is a sub-department of Events, and can turn to the Director of Events for advice or aid if necessary, although they will likely be equipped to handle the duties of the position on their own. This is a great position for someone who is very in tune to the fandom art scene, and loves every creative thing the fandom outputs.

Video Production Lead:
Do you have a passion for videography and video editing? Than this is the job for you! The Video Production Lead will work to create promotional videos advertising for the convention throughout the year. In addition, they will work alongside the Director of Events to work on any visuals that will be needed for the mane stage at the convention. These visuals will need to be created throughout the year, and the Video Production Lead will also be responsible for setting up and running them at con. Any other video production needs the convention has, the Video Production Lead will handle as well!

Answer Desk Manager:
One of the first people both attendees and staff will turn to at the convention, the Answer Desk Manager is sure to be a fast paced and busy job! The Answer Desk Manager will be in charge of answering questions and providing information to both attendees and staff, and must remain positive! Customer service skills are a must for this job! The Answer Desk Manager will also be in charge of their own staff team at the con. The Answer Desk will be a hub of information of all kinds, and the staff manning it will need to be as informed as possible about all details of the convention events and spaces. This is sure to be a fun and fast moving job!

FAQ!

When is the convention?
July 4-6, 2014.

Do I have to be local?
Nope! You do have to attend the convention for most positions though, but during the year it doesn't matter where you live.

Do I need to be experienced?
Nope! You just need a willingness to learn and be taught how to do the job you're volunteering for.

Is there pay?
No, Everfree Northwest is non-profit, and all jobs are done on a volunteer basis.

Anything else, please feel free to comment!

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Everfree Northwest wants you!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »
Just wanted to wish you luck with your staff hunt. I was on staff for the first 5 years of the MLP Fair and appreciate what hard work goes into these. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
    • Everfree Northwest
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 02:18:21 PM »
Just wanted to wish you luck with your staff hunt. I was on staff for the first 5 years of the MLP Fair and appreciate what hard work goes into these. :)
That sounds awesome! Well, if you have any friends in the con scene, feel free to mention it to them. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 06:35:09 PM »
Sounds fun! I am sure you will get lost of interest :) Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
    • Everfree Northwest
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 04:53:37 AM »
Sounds fun! I am sure you will get lost of interest :) Good luck!
Thank you very much!

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
    • Everfree Northwest
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »
Hey all! Everfree Northwest has now opened general applications! For those who didn't want to be in one of the higher up positions we were hiring for (although there are likely still some available for those who do), and prefer to be a general staff member, here is the link! Everfree Northwest is July 4-7, at the SeaTac Hilton in Seattle, Washington. For those who love pony, send in your application, or if you don't feel like staffing, buy your tickets today! It's cheaper the earlier you purchase! :D

Catnip

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 01:04:48 PM »
I do love me some Everfree Northwest, but I don't think I could be staff. I look like I'm fourteen -- no one would take me seriously, haha. I'll definitely be at the con, though!

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
    • Everfree Northwest
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 01:30:17 PM »
I do love me some Everfree Northwest, but I don't think I could be staff. I look like I'm fourteen -- no one would take me seriously, haha. I'll definitely be at the con, though!
Hey, so long as you are 18 (and if you're not, wait for the under 18 application to go up), it doesn't matter how old/young you look. I look pretty young myself, barely 18 and sometimes younger, but I'm 5 years passed that age. But hey, if you  just want to attend, good on you as well, it's going to be a blast!

Catnip

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 01:33:26 PM »
Hey, so long as you are 18 (and if you're not, wait for the under 18 application to go up), it doesn't matter how old/young you look. I look pretty young myself, barely 18 and sometimes younger, but I'm 5 years passed that age. But hey, if you  just want to attend, good on you as well, it's going to be a blast!
If it's anything like the last two years, I bet it will be~ Haha, but yah. I'm definitely over 18. I'll consider lending a hand/applying to lend a hand, but I don't know yet. We will seeeee. (Especially if you guys are short-handed and such closer to the con.)

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
    • Everfree Northwest
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »
If it's anything like the last two years, I bet it will be~ Haha, but yah. I'm definitely over 18. I'll consider lending a hand/applying to lend a hand, but I don't know yet. We will seeeee. (Especially if you guys are short-handed and such closer to the con.)
Hey, we can always use people! Better to have too many than too few, and I don't even think we've turned anyone down on their first year applying (unless we find out they're a criminal or something).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal