collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ornament Swap! All Finished!!  (Read 33091 times)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: Ornament Swap!! Applications until November 21st!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 06:48:59 AM »
1. What colours do you prefer:  I like anything clear/crystal/sparkly, white, gold, silver, red, green.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific)?:  I'm not opposed, but I prefer non-religious ornaments.   

3. What Themes do you like?  I like pretty things and I do not like funny, cutesy, or cartoony things.  I like clear glass, old blown glass, or old fashioned ornaments best.  Nature and snow, snow flakes, carousels, holly, ivy, garlands, berries, I like things that glitter or are frosted. 

4. What candy do you like or dislike?  No peppermint (I'm allergic) so that sadly means no candy canes or peppermint swirls (although if you send a candy cane it will go on the tree).  I like red hots, cinnamon, starbursts, hard candy flavored with licorice, cinnamon, or root beer.

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between? I'd love one ornament.  Something you think is really amazing and perfect.  Or a mix with one really nice ornament and some smaller/cheaper ones as extras.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)? I love glass.  I like delicate things.  Just pack it well when shipping.

7. is there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?  Not that I know of.  Don't send me live animals?  Don't import snails or fruit?  What else do they make you declare if you fly overseas?

Scents:   Cinnamon. Spice. Pumpkin. Vanilla. Grapefruit.
I'm allergic to a lot of strong scents especially floral ones but the above are good.

What types of things do you like that could go with the extras portion of your gift? Do you like certain Christmas items? Other things you buy in our extras price range? Any extra things you just dislike? I don't need a lot of extras but you could always count small cheap ornaments as extras.

Would you prefer Christmas related extras or pony stuff ect?
Either is okay but I don't collect a lot of pony "stuff", I just collect ponies.

When buying ornaments for yourself where do you prefer to shop? good question!
I get them from antique stores, ebay, crafts stores, TJ Maxx.

Do you like vintage ornaments?  Very much.

If you like G4, do you already own the ornament set that came out this year?  I don't have them.  I would love them as extras.   

Does your tree have a specific theme/color that you'd like your swap box to stick to/around? No, but I do like sparkly, glass, old-fashioned, vintage, and natural things.   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:18:25 PM by Marigold »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 08:52:31 AM »
3 new participants!

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 09:33:20 AM »
I'd love to be in the swap, I love ornaments. I don't meet some of the requirements however, I hope I can join. (submits entry anyway)

Post Merge: November 10, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

1. Are you willing to ship international?
 Yes

Any Candy Dislikes or Allergies? Extending it to holiday sort of foods too like nuts, cookies
 I don't really like truffles, but I love all other candies. Black licorice, gummy worms, sour patch, swedish fish, chocolate of all sorts. I like nuts, sugar cookies. I like candy canes too.

1. What colours do you prefer:  I love blues, greens, purples anything really.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific)?:  I am neither opposed or for religious ornaments. I am a Christian, but Christmas means more then Jesus's birth, its about family, love, and joy.

3. What Themes do you like? video games, fantasy, Christmas, cats. I like anything really. I love ornaments that speak for themselves.

4. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?  Do what you feel is right in your heart. You can pick special ones or just send silly ornaments.

5. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)? I really want glass,  I do have kids and a crazy cat. I do prefer sturdier materials please.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:21:37 PM by Psivampyr »

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 12:38:38 PM »
1. What colours do you prefer:
I'm good with any color. My current ornaments are mostly red and gold, but I've been thinking of changing to a pastel/icy theme.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific)?:
Religious is ok, but not necessary, I'm really not picky there.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?
I love snowflakes and Angels!

4. What candy do you like or dislike?
Love any kind of chocolate, not a big fan of mint or cinnamon

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?
I'm flexible here too, a set of matching ornaments or one really cool one, either is ok.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?
yes

7. is there any customs issues that are relevent (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?
not that I know of

Extra questions:
Assuming everyone in this thread loves MLP, who is your favorite pony? If you like something else like Monster High, same thing, but for which character/doll.
A few of my fave ponies (because it's so hard to pick!) Are Baby Moon Dancer and Mommy, Starshine, Tex, and Baby Buttons. I also love Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Muffin is my fave. I have a strange obsession with blueberries! :P

What scents do you like?
Blueberry! Any thing sweet or fruity. As far as holiday scents, I love gingerbread and pine.

do you collect anything other than mlp?
Strawberry Shortcake miniatures (I don't have room for the regular size dolls so I've recently started collecting the minis and I don't have many yet, Blueberry Muffin and Butter Cookie I'm especially looking for)

What types of things do you like that could go with the extras portion of your gift? Do you like certain Christmas items? Other things you buy in our extras price range? Any extra things you just dislike?
I can't think of anything at the moment, but ornaments or extras that support a charity with their purchase would be awesome! Oh, and socks! I'm sorry there won't be a sock swap this year!

That's hard to choose, either is great with me!

When buying ornaments for yourself where do you prefer to shop?
There's no one place in particular, I get them everywhere from the dollar store to the mall

do you like vintage ornaments? Absolutely!

This is a very specific question and it may give away the ornament, but would you be okay with a spider on an ornament?   A very pretty spider?
No, I really hate spiders and my daughter is afraid of them, too.

Unusual is ok, I LOVE glitter, and handmade is awesome, too!

If you like to get Hallmark ornaments would you be ok with other types ornaments??? Like Med priced and on so....? I'm not picky about brand, I don't even know what brand my ornaments are!

if you have preferred color themes but i find ornaments that involve some of your hobbies/collections... would you be interested in them or stick to the themes? I'm stuck on my theme, anything goes!

Dear partner do you want your extras or would you rather me buy another ornament if possible? either way works for me!

Feathers?  Yes or No? Sure

are you against mice ornaments? nothing scary just a Christmas mouse  I LOVE MICE! Especially christmassy ones! They're adorable!

Dear partner, do you like candy canes?  Suppose they are different flavors than peppermint?  What are your favorite hard candy flavors? I actually prefer other flavors, I don't care much for mint, berry flavors are great and do they seriously have bacon flavored ones? lol I'd love to try that!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:29:37 AM by MnDancer »
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2012, 03:14:25 PM »
1. What colours do you prefer:
I am open to any colors! My favorite color is orange. My tree is white, so it'd be really hard to see an ornament that is solely white. Other than that, I love bright colors, glitter is good, I'll love anything! :]

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific)?:
I am not religious, so I would prefer no religious ornaments.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?
I love Disney ornaments (especially Pocahontas and Aristocats). I think it would be cool to get a dinosaur ornament xD. I like ornaments that are unique that you don't see on everyone else's tree. I am a nursing student so a nursing themed ornament would be cool too. I LOVE chihuahuas and zebras, so an ornament involving either of those is a PLUS!

I would also love handmade or vintage looking ornaments. Pretty much anything unique, I would LOVE! :]

ALSO, my favorite old type christmas movie is The Year Without A Santa Claus, but I have yet to find an ornament from that movie...so I would LOVE one! :] Any of the old claymation movies (rudolph, frosty, etc) would make for good ornaments for me :]

ALSO again, haha. I LOVEEE music. I have a music staff tattooed on my back. So any ornaments having to do with music would be well recieved!

My partner has a lot of options when shopping for me! :] I will probably love anything xD

4. What candy do you like or dislike?
I am pretty open on candy. I don't like black licorice or chocolate with nuts in it. I LOVE dark chocolate and especially chocolate with MINT (andes, york, etc). I also love anything gummy (sour or not).

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?
I think it'd be nice to get multiple ornaments. They could be a ton of really cheap ones or a few moderately priced ones. I'll leave it up to my partner :]

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?
I would be okay with glass ornaments as long as they are packaged really well. I do have four dogs and sometimes ornaments fall off the tree, but if I put it at the top I'm sure it'd be fine.

7. is there any customs issues that are relevent (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?
I live in the US, so I do not think so.

Special Note: I actually have a collection of zebra items. They range from bookmarks to hair brushes to plushies to art to coffee cups all zebra themed. If my partner wanted to use some of their "extras" money to get something zebra related for my collecting, I would be excited! :] That being said, it's okay if my partner can't find anything! I collect things either zebra print or with a picture of a zebra on it!

QUESTIONS FROM GROUP!

Favorite pony: for g4, my favorite pony is Zecorra, because she is a zebra of course! But i also like rarity. Non-g4: toola roola 

Favorite scent: I love anything that is a water or ocean scent. So the ones that say like "washing waters" or "aqua blossom" or whatever...those types 

I have a question: do you collect anything other than mlp? I collect zebra stuff  :]. See above!

What types of things do you like that could go with the extras portion of your gift? Do you like certain Christmas items? Other things you buy in our extras price range? Any extra things you just dislike?: I am not all that picky. Like I put in a previous post, I collect anything with a zebra or zebra print on it, so anything like that is always welcome! I love peppermint chocolate, so candy works too. I also like the little snowflake, bell, or christmas themed earrings that you can find at claires, walmart, etc. My dogs would probably love a new toy if you could find one cheap, but please no treats for them as I like to only feed them specific ones (only the healthy...rather expensive ones).

I would prefer christmas related extras :] Or zebra stuff lol.

When buying ornaments for yourself where do you prefer to shop?: Pretty much anywhere :]. I love the disney and hallmark ones, but I also LOVE all the ones at Target right now. Especially the little $2 ones that look old-timey. (they have little dinosaurs and such too!) I've also bought at walmart, secondhand stores, etc. Anywhere!!

Do you like vintage ornaments?: Absolutely! I love anything unique.

Spider ornament: I'd be okay with it as long as its pretty :].

If you like G4, do you already own the ornament set that came out this year?: I do already own the set! :] I also have the pinkie pie ornament from last year, as well.

Does your tree have a specific theme/color that you'd like your swap box to stick to/around?: Nope! My tree is white though, so no solid white ornaments please, as they won't be easy to see! I love colorful ornaments against the white! :]

How you feel about a ornament which was unusual something you wouldnt think of being on a christmas tree?: I am fine with that :]. I like unique ornaments, so it sounds nice!

if you have preferred color themes but i find ornaments that involve some of your hobbies/collections... would you be interested in them or stick to the themes?: Definitely hobbies :] My tree doesn't really have a theme, though.

Feathers?  Yes or No? SURE! As long as they're pretty :]

Question- Do you like any certain animals and would you like an ornament of a dog, cat, horse, reindeer, etc?: I LOVE zebras. I also really like reindeers...especially the ones all decked out in christmasy glitter and whatnot!

Question - are you against mice ornaments? nothing scary just a Christmas mouse: A mouse is probably not something I would choose for myself, but I wouldn't be opposed to it :]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:40:31 AM by mkia9 »

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »
1. What colours do you prefer: I love all colours, so anything really! Bright and sparkly!

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific)?: Would prefer not to get religious ornaments.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)? Peacocks, shoes, cute animal type things, girly sparkly things. Easy to please really!

4. What candy do you like or dislike? Dislike dark chocolate and coconut, Love white choc and willy wonka anything!

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between? what ever my parnter wants to do, im fine with.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)? If my parnter wants to do that, Im fine with that also, but please pack it well!

7. is there any customs issues that are relevent (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)? Being in Australia, please no nuts, seeds, straw, anything that has touched food, animals, vegetation, Candy in wrappers is fine. But please just pack with bubble wrap or those air bags, or peanuts things. not real peanuts, lol.

Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »
I bought something already.  I also found a shop with a great selection of very lovely ornaments, so I will have to go back when I actually know who I'm shopping for. 

Also 10 people in the swap now!  Yay!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2012, 04:39:24 PM »
I bought something already.  I also found a shop with a great selection of very lovely ornaments, so I will have to go back when I actually know who I'm shopping for. 

I keep seeing such cute things! But I don't wanna buy anything until I know who I'm buying for xD haha.

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2012, 05:05:41 PM »

I keep seeing such cute things! But I don't wanna buy anything until I know who I'm buying for xD haha.

Thirded! :P I saw this super cute one today, but just know that the minute I buy something, I'll get my partner and find something else better or different. XD;

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 05:35:47 PM »
Yes! Haha plus I wanna know what my partners preferences are before I go buying willy nilly xD. I did pick up one little thing that can go to any partner though :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2012, 08:01:41 PM »
Aww least you guys have places close by! I will either be shopping at stores about an hour or two away, or I will be heading off towards the net! Oh gosh Hallmark and Disney have adorable ornaments (granted my partner ends up liking somethign related to those areas). I might end up overspending just a bit so cute! :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2012, 07:16:35 AM »
Aww least you guys have places close by! I will either be shopping at stores about an hour or two away, or I will be heading off towards the net! Oh gosh Hallmark and Disney have adorable ornaments (granted my partner ends up liking somethign related to those areas). I might end up overspending just a bit so cute! :lol:

Yes! I love the disney and hallmark ones. They are so cute! Haha.

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »
there are some really adorable ornaments on the disney site. ^_^

I have put up a new question someone asked on the first post, and I also have a question:

What scents do you like?

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2012, 03:29:21 PM »
What scents do you like?
Lavender, coconut lime, cotton candy (yes it's a scent xD)....Just no vanilla.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
Scents:   Cinnamon. Spice. Pumpkin. Vanilla. Grapefruit.

I'm allergic to a lot of strong scents especially floral ones but the above are good.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal