collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gamers, what are you playing right now?  (Read 89447 times)

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Gamers, what are you playing right now?
« Reply #795 on: March 25, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
Tonight I'm playing Bravely Default.  I really like it!  :)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 31, 2014, 03:59:08 AM »
I've started playing Final Fantasy Tactics A2 from the beginning because it had been so long I couldn't remember a single bit of the 34 hours I'd already logged on it!

It's a good indicator of when I need to go to bed. If I break the easy rule in the first move, it's time to close the game.

Post Merge: March 31, 2014, 04:02:04 AM

I installed the Blackwell Legacy tonight. It's a point and click mystery game where your partner is a ghost.

Thanks for mentioning this series Rosencrantz, I've now played through 3 out of the 4 Blackwell games that are out. I skipped Unbound because it didn't look as good as the others. I'm very excited for Epiphany to be released in april!

My work here is done.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 04:02:04 AM by Rosencrantz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #797 on: March 31, 2014, 07:57:43 AM »
I'm taking a break from SMT IV to play Tomb Raider (it was free on PS+).  I'm significantly more entertained by in then I thought I would be - it's actually pretty engaging and has a nice look to it as well!

Blog

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 31, 2014, 10:45:34 AM »
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.  I never got too far in the original Gamecube version but if you slap it on a PS3 disc, I'm all over it!  XD

Sarah Jo

« Reply #799 on: March 31, 2014, 11:08:06 AM »
Anyone else excited about the Disney Magical World game for 3DS coming out on April 11th ? It's like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing swirled together and set in a Disney theme park ! :)

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #800 on: March 31, 2014, 11:22:14 AM »
Anyone else excited about the Disney Magical World game for 3DS coming out on April 11th ? It's like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing swirled together and set in a Disney theme park ! :)
So excited!!! I preordered it and I can't wait to get it!

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 31, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »
Over the weekend, I downloaded EquestriaBound. It's a ponified ROM hack of EarthBound, and it's absolute genius! :lol: I can't wait to see Phoe Let's Play this!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:53:22 PM by silverdragon54 »
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 31, 2014, 04:36:07 PM »
Animal Crossing New Leaf to help my mom out on her game. I am really looking forward to Disney Magical World when it comes out.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

PandoraFox

« Reply #803 on: April 01, 2014, 04:55:21 PM »
I'm playing Spore for the first time currently. (Though I'd played with the creature creator back in the day.)
The main game is.. meh? I kinda knew it would be though.
I'm however, having a grand time building Godzilla franchise monsters in the creator.
Occasionally, I toss them into the tribal phase where clothing becomes a requirement. Did you know Mothra looks smashing in a Fez?

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 01, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »
I'm playing Spore for the first time currently. (Though I'd played with the creature creator back in the day.)
I love the beginning of that game, but when it gets past tribal I get bored really quickly.

Anyhow, got Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch so I'll be playing that soon! :D

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 01, 2014, 05:16:14 PM »
I'm going old-school with the 1994 computer simulation game "Wolf."

PandoraFox

« Reply #806 on: April 02, 2014, 03:23:14 AM »
I love the beginning of that game, but when it gets past tribal I get bored really quickly.

Anyhow, got Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch so I'll be playing that soon! :D

Yeah, it's not like I hate the main game, it's just, not fantastic? Though I'm enjoying flying around space for now.
I think my biggest problem is that the creature creator basically encourages you to build whatever you want, but once you get to certain parts of the game there's stats tied to all the creature parts. So I found myself forced to add parts just to be effective in game, or nearly locked into a certain path just because I thought a carnivorous snout looked better. While I get that you need some sort of balancing tool in game, I'm not sure this was the best way to go about it.
Basically the creature creator goes, "Build what you want, everything goes!" and then the main game goes, "But not THAT, that creature sucks...". They feel strangely at odds with each other.

Ni No Kuni, man I still have to get my hands on that, it looks fantastic.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #807 on: April 02, 2014, 03:11:43 PM »
Decided to play through OFF again. Spoilers incase someone who hasn't played it wants to (and you should because it's great :D also it's free). Super bizarre and I think people are still arguing over what it all means.

Spoiler
You know, I don't think the Batter is a bad guy :huh: He's just doing what's best for everyone. I kind of feel sorry for him.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:14:26 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #808 on: April 02, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
Decided to play through OFF again. Spoilers incase someone who hasn't played it wants to (and you should because it's great :D also it's free). Super bizarre and I think people are still arguing over what it all means.

Spoiler
You know, I don't think the Batter is a bad guy :huh: He's just doing what's best for everyone. I kind of feel sorry for him.

That's definitely one of the greatest games I've ever played. Beautiful soundtrack, characters, and story. Mortis Ghost is a genius.
Spoiler
I personally believe he's a bad guy. At least from what I believed as people tried to help me understand the game better after I played it because it didn't click with me right away. I was mortified, and told everyone about it. I just didn't get it. And then someone told me, "You know you just killed everyone right? Even your wife and baby." The part with him going outside the rain to just kill the scared guy who was in the way and walking back in like it was nothing though..
I know somewhere on one of my tumblrs is a post of headcanons I had and things I noticed while playing, but its rather far back and I don't feel like digging it up. 
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #809 on: April 02, 2014, 07:14:17 PM »

Spoiler

That's definitely one of the greatest games I've ever played. Beautiful soundtrack, characters, and story. Mortis Ghost is a genius.
Spoiler
I personally believe he's a bad guy. At least from what I believed as people tried to help me understand the game better after I played it because it didn't click with me right away. I was mortified, and told everyone about it. I just didn't get it. And then someone told me, "You know you just killed everyone right? Even your wife and baby." The part with him going outside the rain to just kill the scared guy who was in the way and walking back in like it was nothing though..
I know somewhere on one of my tumblrs is a post of headcanons I had and things I noticed while playing, but its rather far back and I don't feel like digging it up. 

Do you know about the mistranslation?

Spoiler
Hugo isn't their son. When the Queen says, "I won't let you harm the son that WE brought into the world." that's wrong. In the original French version she says, "I won't let you harm the son that brought US into the world." Hugo is their creator. Maybe even the entire world of OFF. Like they reside inside him, as a part of his body (this is what I believe).

Hugo wasn't "pure". He was sick. The Queen was keeping him that way. The Batter knew in order to save everyone, they all had to die. Hugo, the world, was suffering. I kind of equate the Batter as an immune system. It has a very important job to do, and it does it very well, but sometimes it harms the thing that it's trying to protect.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal