collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do You Still Nose Around The Christmas Tree And Peek At The Presents? Admit It.  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
I'm guilty even at 28 of still doing this.  When the presents are wrapped and no one is looking or no one is at home I'll just glance at the name tags and see what's for me and anticipate what might be inside.  Probably immature of me but I think it's fun to think about what could be inside.

Does anyone else still do this?

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
Actually its kinda ironic, but when I was 10 my babysitter talked me into taking a peek at my pressie under the tree my mam had bought me. I wanted princess Sparkle all year and I was convinced by the shape of the package it was her, and I couldn't stand the waiting, and when she started saying'ah go onnnnn....' I couldn't couldn't resist! 18 years on I still regret it lol!

My mam died when I was 14 andwe hadn't Christmas for years afterwards, actually Christmas is only a recent thing for me, so now I go out to my way to NOT find the presents! Its such a novelty :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Not really but that's usually because I already know what they are.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Not really but that's usually because I already know what they are.

How do you know?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Because hubby usually needs my help. He picks what sort of thing he wants to get me and then has me pick the one of that thing I don't have and want most! And the rest of my family usually gives me money because it's easier to ship. :silly: Hubby and I don't really like to be apart and do most everything together so we rarely shop alone. I'm sure eventually that'll change, but for now it works for us. :happy: I like being with him more than having surprise gifts.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Because hubby usually needs my help. He picks what sort of thing he wants to get me and then has me pick the one of that thing I don't have and want most! And the rest of my family usually gives me money because it's easier to ship. :silly: Hubby and I don't really like to be apart and do most everything together so we rarely shop alone. I'm sure eventually that'll change, but for now it works for us. :happy: I like being with him more than having surprise gifts.

Aww, how sweet. :)

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
some times i know what im getting because i helped pick it out.... but when i dont know, yes at 28 im still guilty of looking (not touching) at the presents seeing what is mine and trying to figure out what it might be based on the shape...

this year my husband did get me something, i know by the shape of the box its a MH doll, and he knows that i know that much. i also know that it is a different version of someone i have, ( he told me that much) so im only aloud to get girls i dont have any version of yet...lol he tells me because im a non-admiting addict.  :lol:

its because of my abbility to guess by box shape what im getting that i do what my mom did, i wrap things in strange shapes ie things that arnt square almost apear to be when im done with them.... or they go in a box....

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
I have usually wrapped them, or have been present at their wrapping so...no, not really.  And like Kat said, we usually shop together.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
I asked for a Monster High doll for Christmas, Rochelle Goyle and I'm almost certain I can tell which one that is based on the shape.  I am also guilty of thinking I know what it is based on the shape of the container.  Sometimes I end up being wrong. (lol)

I don't touch either.  I don't want to make it look like I was being that curious.  Also, my parent's go through the trouble of making a nice arrangement for the presents under the tree. I figured I will find out what it is eventually so there's no need to touch it or go that far.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:49:31 AM by Majesty »

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
When I lived with my parents I did.  :)  But now that I'm married with four kids, I already know what's under the tree!

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I always have a noisy at the presents, usually  I have them all figured out by christmas day :  ) All of over family tries to work out what they are getting its fun and feels more christmas-e

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Nope, never peeked in my life.  Even as a kid, I loved surprises and didn't want to ruin them.  My husband has an unsealed cardboard box by the bed with my present inside.  I am super curious and it would be so easy to peek, but I would regret it on Christmas when the surprise was ruined.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Of course!

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
I don't have to peek at the gifts. :lol: My mom never knows what to give me that I don't all ready have and asks me what I want specifically (within a budget) and I tell her and she gets the item(s). Unless she also picks up little trinkets she thinks I'll like, there aren't surprises among my gifts.

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
I don't peek, but I like to pick the packages up. feel them and guess what's inside. Mom hates it because I'm usually right!
I'll put something here some time

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal