collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Member Post counts!  (Read 1873 times)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
New Member Post counts!
« on: September 15, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »
Hi everyone!
The Arena has been hit with a huge influx of members in the recent months and we are finding it hard to keep up!
So many new names & faces have been hitting the forums and unfortunately, we're finding that a majority of the newer members are ignoring our rules, or disregarding them as "too harsh".
We're also having inappropriate content being brought to the Arena from other places where it might be okay, but is totally wrong here.

As such, we are putting a new program in place.
All new members will be restricted to a certain amount of posts a day, until they hit 50 posts.
They will also be restricted from using the Shout Block until they hit 100 posts.

Q&A:
OMG YOU GUIZE ARE SO MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!
A: Yes, yes we are.

Q: Seriously though, why now?
A: To be honest, the amount of moderating we are now doing, for the basic rules, is astonishing.
Common courtesy has leapt out the window, spamming is common, swearing is everywhere and what I believe is most gauling, is the abuse my mods are having to endure.

Q: How is this going to impact me?
A: Hopefully it will get our newer members used to the community before jumping in the deep end.
Fingers crossed this will encourage our older members to post more frequently. :D

Honestly, this is not going to change a lot of things for people.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal