collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you a MOC/MIB/etc collector?

Yes, I love to keep them pristine for all time.
49 (12.3%)
Yes, but maybe just a few special ones.
123 (30.8%)
I would have a hard time keeping them that way, so I'd pass.
54 (13.5%)
I do collect them but I take them out of the package. *ducks fakies*
28 (7%)
I would *only* let them out if the package is in shambles or suchlike.
38 (9.5%)
No way! Let them run wild and free.
107 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 307

Author Topic: Do you like keeping/collecting ponies in their original package?  (Read 10642 times)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Okay . . .  :lookround: I'm actually a little nervous about clicking the submit button with that one certain option available. However, I know it sometimes happens. I also point out that this poll is completely anonymous, so if anyone actually does it, they can vote but keep quiet about it. No one get out the pitchforks!

Besides, they might be referring to letting Pinkie Pie loose out of the package for all we know!  :P I trust everyone can behave themselves.  ^.^

Speaking personally, I do have a few mint in package ponies. Just a few of the G3 Fair ponies, like that pink 2003(?) one, the super hero pony and that black and blue fancy-pants art pony. Oh yeah, and that ninja-esque pony too. Actually, now that I think of it, a few other G3s that I simply never got around to taking out of their boxes, like Comet Tail and a few Family Dollar cheap-o ponies.

But everyone else in my collection is wild and free and I don't think I could allow myself to collect the older generations mint in box lest I get too tempted to free them. Or even if I never freed them, I just like to be able to touch them so I'd have a little bit of wistfulness at seeing them in package.

So, are you a MOC collector?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

dashlikedashie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Do you like keeping/collecting ponies in their original package?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »
I keep some of my ponies in the box. Right now I have Twilight Sparkle, Feathermay, Fluttershy, and Twinkleshine in the box and over 120 opened ponies.
It's just to tempting not to take them out and brush their mane and stuff, ya know?  :lol:

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 12:18:16 PM »

Nope, I have them unboxed and lined up for display.

I only collect G4s anyway and they'll never be worth anything in my lifetime

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 12:20:59 PM »
The only ponies I have MiB are the G3 fair ponies :)

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »
I bought my first ponies I intend to keep in boxes just yesterday. I bought Daisy Dreams and Rainbow Flash since they showed up in stores.

I love the cute packaging and hope I can resist the urge to open them.

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »
I'm not a MIB collector, but I do keep the ponies in their boxes under certain conditions.

G1s are a no, never. No boxes for them, I want to touch them to much XD . Granted, if I ever happened to get one, I would keep it in the box, but I would never purposefully buy one in a box (Unless it was thrifted).

G2s I would keep in their packages if they came with it, and I would probably consider buying them in their package as well. I love them to death, but they are kind of tiny so I don't have the same desire to carry them around and play with their tails as I do with G1 ponies.

G3s always stay in the box when I happen to get one in a box, and I would purposefully buy them in a box if the price was reasonable. I've only got two in their boxes though, I think.

G4 is 50/50 at the moment. If I want to play with it, out it comes, if I'm content just looking at it, it gets to stay in the box. I figure the box isn't worth anything, anyhow. I do keep all the boxes of the ones I open though, just in case they ever need to go back in for storage or whatever.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 12:24:51 PM »
Only MIB ponies I have are two Venezuelans and a Sky Skimmer..
But Venezuelans are very easy to take out of their boxes and perfectly put them back in like nothing happened. :ninja:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 12:25:29 PM »
Heh, I went and answered the poll without thinking too much about newer generations - when I think of being a MOC collector my mind skips to G1! I answered that I only let them out if the packaging is bad, but actually I open all my new-from-the-store ponies.

I always opened my G3s because I just enjoy loose ponies way more (plus all the saved space!) Though last year I found a MIB Sparkleworks III at a thrift store, and she just looks so pretty in the box with her skirt and everything that I don't have the heart to open her - and I probably won't be opening many other G3s, either, now they they are not in stores anymore.

G4s also come out of their packaging as soon as I get home. =P

But I would never open a G1, and probably won't be opening any more G2s either, (it's already been years since I have).
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »
... i would have so many issues keeping G1/G2 MIP ... if i ever saw one like dirt cheap or relatively cheap ... i KNOW i'd buy it, but i'd probably try and trade for other ponies ... the struggle would be of epic proportions ... :( lol

G3/G4 i open my G4's and i have a lof G3's MIP because there are just sooooooo mannnnny of them lol
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 12:31:09 PM by kamakazee82 »
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 12:39:47 PM »
Only fair and Comic Con ponies. The rest I open.

I don't own any MIB G1 or G2 though. I would probably open a G2. I can't say with certainty.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 12:39:53 PM »
I'm actually a little nervous about clicking the submit button with that one certain option available. However, I know it sometimes happens. I also point out that this poll is completely anonymous, so if anyone actually does it, they can vote but keep quiet about it. No one get out the pitchforks!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This caught me right XD XD XD  Ahem.  The only MOC I would get is Surprise, and only if it's the exact same version I already have.  Otherwise I would wanna let her out.  But I am wanting a Surprise army.  : D

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »
Fair/Exclusibe ponies stay in boxes, and a couple of G3s. I used to keep my G4s in box, but I don't collect them anymore.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 12:45:28 PM »
A lot of my G3 and G4s are MIB...  I would collect more MOC/MIB ponies from G1 if I could afford it :)  It does take a lot of dedication though to not decard/unbox them!

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 12:54:11 PM »
I have a few MOC/MIB G1s that I plan on keeping that way. :) I hope to find a MOC G1 with a super duper icky card/bubble/box etc so I can have the full "new pony" expereince and take them fresh out of the box and know that i am the ONLY person who has held those ponies out of their box...
But, yeah. XD Only if the box/package is just awful.

Offline jenjam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 12:54:52 PM »
Hmm, if I somehow managed to get G1's still in package, they've pretty much stayed that way (except for the school house playset, I couldn't help myself so its all put together along with the perfume puff palace). As for the newer ones I have deboxed a bunch but kept a bunch still untouched. If I really want to free one but can bring myself to do it, I try to get one already freed as long as I don't have to spend to much to get them.
~Jen

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal