collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you a MOC/MIB/etc collector?

Yes, I love to keep them pristine for all time.
49 (12.3%)
Yes, but maybe just a few special ones.
123 (30.8%)
I would have a hard time keeping them that way, so I'd pass.
54 (13.5%)
I do collect them but I take them out of the package. *ducks fakies*
28 (7%)
I would *only* let them out if the package is in shambles or suchlike.
38 (9.5%)
No way! Let them run wild and free.
107 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 307

Author Topic: Do you like keeping/collecting ponies in their original package?  (Read 10620 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: Do you like keeping/collecting ponies in their original package?
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »
I open all my G4s and I won't buy MIB ponies online because you usually pay more for shipping than the actual pony.

I also avoid MIB ponies because they're hard to display and they take up a lot of space. I prefer my ponies wild and free!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2012, 05:29:07 PM »
I love  MOC/MIP/MIB  ponies but I much prefer my ponies to have freeeedom :frolic:  :happy:  :silly:  all you can do with an MOC is... well.. look at it.. and look again.. and look some more.... :zzz:
Sooo in answer to the question.. I do have a few special MOC ponies, but only my faves (and I already have some loose ones so I wont be tempted to de-box ......much  :P   :lookround:   ).

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

ZOMBIESohnoes

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
I hate dust but I also hate dusting, so I keep everything I can in its original packaging. Much faster running a duster over a bunch of boxes than dealing with ponies individually.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2012, 05:52:15 AM »
Speaking personally, I do have a few mint in package ponies. Just a few of the G3 Fair ponies, like that pink 2003(?) one, the super hero pony and that black and blue fancy-pants art pony. Oh yeah, and that ninja-esque pony too. Actually, now that I think of it, a few other G3s that I simply never got around to taking out of their boxes, like Comet Tail and a few Family Dollar cheap-o ponies.

A MIB Comet Tail?! I'm green with envy! I'm having a hard enough time tracking her down loose, let alone MIB!

Personally I love MIBs/MOCs but I tend to only get ones I really love that way, since they are pricey and can be hard to get hold of. I do enjoy ponies loose, even if money wasn't an issue I'd never want to have a completely MOC collection.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:56:56 AM by little.fox »

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2012, 06:02:15 AM »
I usually find myself to have a hard time removing things from the box, because I'm afraid that I'll ruin them. I'm terribly clumsy, so I'm even scared for my G4's, haha.  XD

But I usually just open them, because (as MistyMoonlight stated (I love your avatar!)) G4's probably won't be worth that much MIB later. Oh and playing with them is great fun too!

However, if I were to have a MIB G1/2 pony, I'd probably feel horrible opening it and never dare to..  :hmm:

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 02:15:59 PM »
Speaking personally, I do have a few mint in package ponies. Just a few of the G3 Fair ponies, like that pink 2003(?) one, the super hero pony and that black and blue fancy-pants art pony. Oh yeah, and that ninja-esque pony too. Actually, now that I think of it, a few other G3s that I simply never got around to taking out of their boxes, like Comet Tail and a few Family Dollar cheap-o ponies.

A MIB Comet Tail?! I'm green with envy! I'm having a hard enough time tracking her down loose, let alone MIB!

Personally I love MIBs/MOCs but I tend to only get ones I really love that way, since they are pricey and can be hard to get hold of. I do enjoy ponies loose, even if money wasn't an issue I'd never want to have a completely MOC collection.

I agree, the MLP Fair ponies look absolutely amazing in their special collector's boxes. :-) And when you say you have the superhero one, do you mean the red, blue and yellow one (Captain Zoom) or the black one?  Just wondering. 

SDS, sending you a PM.

~Lochness~

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2012, 05:50:31 PM »
I'm a MIB collector but I don't seek out MIB G1s. I have a whole bunch, though, because I like the art and the different languages on the Nirvana packages. G2-G4 I'm MIB only but for different reasons. G2s I don't collect a lot of and I want to have the accessories so MIB seems easier for the rare occasion I get one. G3 and G4 I get MIB because there are so many available either in the stores or at pony meets that I still haven't run out of ones I can find MIB on my want list. I find they are easier to display MIB because the boxes stack (and many will hang on a thumbtack on a wall). The G3s with the rounded tops are the ones that give me the most grief because they don't stack or hang well.

I do fine with having most of my collection MIB because I still have hundreds of loose G1s and I have a whole room to dedicate to displaying it all. I'm also not a hands-on collector. I don't re-style my ponies once they are in a display. I love to look at the whole display rather than touch them.
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2012, 08:42:04 AM »
I love G1 MOC/MIB ponies and try to buy them whenever I can afford it. Would never dream of opening them. They look so pretty in their shiny packages with the colourfull backcards and all :P

When it comes to the other generations (G4's now) that are beeing sold in stores I usually keep them in their box. However if there's a specific pony I really like I tend to buy another one to open aswell hehe.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline saikune

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
If a MIB pony came my way, I'd have to sell/trade it away. Otherwise I would end up opening it! Something about being the first to open it and touch the pony is just really appealing to me. But then I would feel bad (especially if it's an older pony) since there are not that many MIB G1s anymore... The only reason I haven't opened my packaged G4 Dash is cause she's a double. :B
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,300089.0.html (<-- my wishlist) (not buying atm though)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal