collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coronavirus info, facts & updates  (Read 21381 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus info, facts & updates
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2020, 12:35:13 PM »
I think if I was a 75 year old right now-  i would probably try and make sure I had a month's worth of food too-  or figure out how to get it delivered.  And then not go out or see anyone. At all.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2020, 12:40:25 PM »
I think if I was a 75 year old right now-  i would probably try and make sure I had a month's worth of food too-  or figure out how to get it delivered.  And then not go out or see anyone. At all.

I am trying to work out contingency measures if the online shopping service fails because guess what, now in the UK people are block booking delivery slots (and not people who need it, but the usual selfish types who don't care)...

Because my parents are basically not allowed to and I am not letting them...but I can't drive, and that means I have to figure out how to obtain stuff and decontaminate as well...

Sigh.

I have often thought people to be overrated.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2020, 12:44:05 PM »
Today I was informed that for at least the next four weeks, I will only work every other week. The whole staff is splitted into two shifts, so if members of one shift get infected, the other shift will still be there to work.

As I am working for tax authority, this is pretty concerning. They never did anything comparable since the big storm flood in 1962.

ETA: I am located in Northern Germany.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 12:47:47 PM by Strandperle »
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2020, 01:45:06 PM »
My workplace just issued a mandatory travel report for all employees. Based on our answers Health Services will decide if we will still be employees for the foreseeable future or if they will let us go until the next employment period begins.  I live in an “at will” state where employers can let employees go for any reason.

I know they are doing this to make sure the virus doesn’t spread.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 01:57:17 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2020, 02:02:20 PM »
Well the hoarders may not be very far off the mark after all:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-virus-plan-anticipates-18-190626012.html

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2020, 02:06:21 PM »

You'd think. My Mum is 67 and my Dad is 73 with a history of adult pleurisy. It's my Mum's birthday today so she decides to go out and pick up a takeaway. I have been telling them very seriously ever since last week not to take unneccessary risks. I'm furious but what can I do? I'm very glad i don't still live with them.

Post Merge: March 18, 2020, 02:07:43 PM

My workplace just issued a mandatory travel report for all employees. Based on our answers Health Services will decide if we will still be employees for the foreseeable future or if they will let us go until the next employment period begins.  I live in an “at will” state where employers can let employees go for any reason.

I know they are doing this to make sure the virus doesn’t spread.

Ponyfan

That seems really unfair and I think that most places have lost track of the spread of infection by now, so sacking people who have traveled won't make any difference.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 02:08:13 PM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2020, 02:21:29 PM »
The governor just gave another update. Now there's 371 confirmed cases and 7 deaths. Most infected is in Miami and the neighboring counties but there is 1 case in my county on the gulf coast. He's still leaving decisions to the mayors, like closing the beaches. I don't think that's a good idea. I know this is 'Merica and all about freedom and whatever but we do still have a government that should, you know, govern. I'm just waiting for cases among the spring breakers to explode.

My dad went around to the stores this morning, everything was gone. He finally stopped going to McDonald's because they closed the inside and I mean we have coffee at the house. I can make it for him no problem. He's just stubborn and stuck in his routine (he's 71 btw).

My mom was able to order some junk food online from Wal-Mart :lol: So we have cookies, Cheetos and Doritos. I'm dying for a soda though. I finished my Ginger ale the other day. Need bubbles.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2020, 02:25:53 PM »

Articles like these are really bother me.

“Shortages of products may occur, impacting health care, emergency services, and other elements of critical infrastructure,” the plan warned. “This includes potentially critical shortages of diagnostics, medical supplies (including PPE and pharmaceuticals), and staffing in some locations.” PPE refers to personal protective equipment.

If that wasn't obvious from the beginning, I don't know what was.

Many people early on buying masks etc were people buying stuff for families in China, and sending it to them. Or people looking to make a profit like this man buying up sanitizer.

if you get a fever, and you suspect you might have coronavirus do not take ibuprofen/motrin. It can worsen. I believe you should take acetaminophen/tylenol. I've heard this a few times now.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/coronavirus-fever-ibuprofen/608233
https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-resource-center

Also Ohio update:
All businesses are asked to scan temperatures of their employees. If they do not scan, then "We're taking this one step at a time. If we find that we can't get employers to take temperatures, we'll have to go to the next stage and close everything down unless it's essential."

I bet that happens within 1-2 days.

To clarify, it's not because he thinks this is an almighty thing that catches all cases. It's to give him leverage to say "closed" for a reason.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:38:00 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2020, 03:04:37 PM »
I went out shopping for my 85 year old neighbor this morning - yesterday they asked for toilet roll but the stores were out. i went to Target first thing this morning to get them some and got yelled at by a lady who said, "you know this is for elderly people only, right? the first hour?" And I told her who I was shopping for and she rolled her eyes, tsk'd me and spat.

I'll bet you a 24 pack of mega rolls that this lady has a huge stockpile in her basement.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2020, 03:26:28 PM »
The library I work at is closed.

Well looks like I will have to keep busy.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2020, 03:39:51 PM »
Oooo... that makes me so mad, Dragonfly! She should be minding her own business.  I hope your neighbor continues to stay safe.

I walked my dog to the park today to keep her energy low.   We were the only ones there when a city truck pulled up and put a "closed until further notice sign up".   Our mayor also sent out a notice that says that after hours and hours of conference calls, the governor insists on putting limitations on businesses and social gatherings so we are following suit.  I thought it was interesting that the governor had to convince the mayors to do this.  In fact, it sounds like he put his foot down.

I also went to the store to get more supplies because toilet paper might become an issue.  There is seating in one area of the store and it had a table of elderly women chitchatting away.  Meanwhile, store staff are wearing rubber gloves, putting out sanitizer stands and wiping down everything.  And there is no more toilet paper.  I did find bread though.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2020, 03:45:52 PM »

The hoarders are partially to blame for artificial shortages, tho. Nobody needs a castle built of toilet paper and pasta. They are forcing others to hoard, too. If I see something is in short supply I am inclined to get it for myself as soon as it's available again.

Offline lonewolf

• Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2020, 04:09:21 PM »
Trump has invoked the Defense Production Act: https://www.ksl.com/article/46731542/trump-invokes-emergency-authority-big-3-automakers-closing

It gives him the power to compel factories to expand production to turn out vital materials.

And according to that article: California may be facing martial law.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2020, 04:14:14 PM »

Also Ohio update:
All businesses are asked to scan temperatures of their employees. If they do not scan, then "We're taking this one step at a time. If we find that we can't get employers to take temperatures, we'll have to go to the next stage and close everything down unless it's essential."

I feel like this isn't an accurate way to check for people who are sick.  My temperature raises a bit when I'm on my period.  It doesn't mean that I'm sick or contagious with anything.  It's just how my body reacts to that time of the month.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2020, 04:20:38 PM »

Also Ohio update:

I feel like this isn't an accurate way to check for people who are sick.  My temperature raises a bit when I'm on my period.  It doesn't mean that I'm sick or contagious with anything.  It's just how my body reacts to that time of the month.

You get a 100.4+ fever? It's about safety. Someone who is healthy who gets told to stay home, is better than someone waltzing into work with the virus because they don't believe in it.

Other places in the USA scan temperatures too. Other countries do it as well. I believe Taiwan was doing it in the airports (set up because of SARS in 2003). Tikibirds said they have to temp scan to even leave their residence in China.

But in reality it's just going to be because he is going to go ahead and do it with a day or two.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:54:43 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal