collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it worth selling G3s?  (Read 1422 times)

Offline princesswingsong

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://marie-ralston.blogspot.com
Is it worth selling G3s?
« on: July 29, 2012, 10:55:03 PM »
So...I am currently without a job. That being so, I am thinking I am going to need to sacrifice part of my G1 and G3 collection. I was wondering if it was worth selling them? Most of Mint, Near-Mint or Still in box for the G3. The ones that I have are the mail order, all of the first couple of waves, and more.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Sourdough for my Wing Song Adoptable and to Emiko\'s Pony Maker for my avi!

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth selling G3s?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 11:27:27 PM »
I sold a bunch earlier this year. I didn't end up selling all and I didn't quite get a lot of money for some, but there's definately some demand on gen3, especially the rarer ponies :)

Offline BabyBlueRibbon

• Trade Count: (+372)
    • View Profile
    • https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4bu884wztwz4so2/AAD_kw1sL0fybkjpPzWjK7gLa?dl=0
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 11:35:19 PM »
For things like Beach Belle, possibly fair/con ponies, breast cancer pony, Rosey posey, birthflower, birthstone, etc. I think there is a demand. However, the normal store ones, I do not think there is much of a demand. For me, I have only been able to sell the regular ones for less than or very close to retail. :( I still have some nice MIB stuff too. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:38:56 PM by BabyBlueRibbon »

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:43:53 AM »
I've been looking around on several sites for G3's and most of them seem to sell for a very low price. Like BBR said, it's mainly the few ones who are abit more hard to find that sell well. The rest seem to be going for very low prices.
Which is good for us who want to buy them :P, but for sellers I doubt it will bring in any real money I'm afraid.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 03:48:37 AM »
Yes, absolutely. There's always demand. Of course the G1s will always sell better, but the G3s also sell, they just take a bit longer. Try selling those in lots :) (Man, If I could I would buy those from you xD)

Offline BabyBlueRibbon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 04:18:35 AM »
Yes, absolutely. There's always demand. Of course the G1s will always sell better, but the G3s also sell, they just take a bit longer. Try selling those in lots :) (Man, If I could I would buy those from you xD)

However, selling in a lot pretty much means you will not (or a very slim chance you will get) retail for these. Most folks who buy stuff in a lot expect to get a deal.   

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 04:20:30 AM »

However, selling in a lot pretty much means you will not (or a very slim chance you will get) retail for these. Most folks who buy stuff in a lot expect to get a deal.   

True, but you would be surprised xD I saw lots of four quite common ones sell for a lot o_o But yes, it's a bit complicated to know how to sell the G3s.

Offline BabyBlueRibbon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 04:24:40 AM »

True, but you would be surprised xD I saw lots of four quite common ones sell for a lot o_o But yes, it's a bit complicated to know how to sell the G3s.

If you can show an ended auction for G3s where someone actually paid even at retail (5-8 dollars per G3 pony, depending on what retail place you buy these) that would be a rare auction.

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 04:40:35 AM »

If you can show an ended auction for G3s where someone actually paid even at retail (5-8 dollars per G3 pony, depending on what retail place you buy these) that would be a rare auction.

I think I saw a few, but of course the lot only has like 4 ponies or something xD But yes, they aren't very common. It's as you said, people want deals on those because they are so easy to come by :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 05:54:15 AM »
I am still able to buy many MIB G3 ponies for under 8.00 each plus shipping. There is no profit in that for the seller.  By the time they pay fees on ebay/paypal they are not making any money at all.  Lots...I would not sell MIB G3's in lots. Thats just my opinion. That may end up causing even more of a loss of money unless you have the rare, hard to find and highly sought after G3s.  You stand making better money keeping those separate.  There are not a whole lot of those.  G3 has not seen its value yet and it may take years for that to happen.  Sure there are some that will bring a nice price.  I am just not sure you will see the money from these that you want to see if they are common ponies.
I always try to tell people that when you sell part of your collection you get money, but its gone quickly and then the collection will probably cost you double to buy back for yourself should you miss certain ponies.  Unless you have like 10 mib mimics..money  on your ponies will only solve a financial issue for a short time...then you suffer the loss of your prizes.  To me it isn't worth it for a short term solution.  I can't say though I wouldn't do it if faced with the same situation. The only thing is there may end up being some loss of money selling off many G3's.  Sigh...I just love G3 too.  They are beautiful ponies.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:56:48 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
I see plenty of auctions that end around retail for G3...the prices are a little up on where the were 6 to 12 months ago.

However, it depends on how you are looking at it; G3s will sell - they may take longer to sell they may sell for only on, a little under, a lot under or even a touch over retail. So if you intend to sell to "break even" or "profit" on what you originally paid for them [assuming you paid retail] then maybe its not worth it to sell them. However, if you are simply looking to raise someone money and can live with sales ending on or perhaps under retail, then you should certainly give it a shot :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline princesswingsong

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://marie-ralston.blogspot.com
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »
Thanks for the advice everyone...I'll probably start weeding through my collection and picking out the more valuable of the ponies to put up for sale.

Thanks Sourdough for my Wing Song Adoptable and to Emiko\'s Pony Maker for my avi!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 03:57:31 PM »
Good luck with the sales :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 03:58:54 PM »
Let me know if you have any of the following, because I'd be interested and best of luck with your sales :D :

Beach belle
Rainbow Bubbles
Snowdrop swirl
Pumpkin Tart
2007 super hero pony
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 04:44:54 PM »
hmmm there's always someone willing to buy, but I was checking ebay and even MIB ones don't go for very high unless your're parting with Pony Project, Pony Fair or SDCC exclusives

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal