collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did anyone NOT have childhood ponies?  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Did anyone NOT have childhood ponies?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 06:31:46 AM »
I'm sure I've said this in other threads too, but I never had any ponies in my childhood, my brother had one and that's all. I was aware of them of course in the 80's, but didn't even know MLP had continued past the 80's until I discovered G4 and became a collector.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 08:36:16 AM »
When I was little (mid to late 90s), there probably wouldn't have been ponies in stores, I wasn't even aware of it at the time. I wouldn't have liked it anyway. I had the same attitude toward anything girly that most little boys had. I wouldn't even touch my sister's Barbie Corvette because it was pink.

The irony of all this is that my sister loved horses and unicorns and all that, and I'm the one that ended up collecting ponies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2016, 08:56:26 AM »
While ponies are the toys I remember the most from childhood...it was only for a short few years. I very quickly "grew out" of ponies and into more grown up toys like Sindy :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2016, 09:04:58 AM »
I only had Wind Drifter. :P She was definitely well loved, but as far as I remember she was my only pony.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 10:06:44 AM »
Me too. I was another huge tomboy growing up. Couldn't PAY me to have something so "girly". I started with G4 when I was in my late teens(I say that as if that wasn't only 2 years ago...)

Hilariously, I always had a distant aunt who REALLY liked horses/ponies and wanted me to be into them when I was 4 or 5. And me, being the brat that I was, the response I always gave was "I hate ponies!" and she'd tell me "You'll like them someday!" Man...if she knew about me and my G4 collection now. :lol: I don't think she'd ever let me live it down.

You should tell her. :silly:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 01:20:21 PM »
I actually hated them when I was little, every time the TV threw in the theme song I rushed to the controller.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »
I only had a couple (Wind Whistler and Raincurl) and only one at a time.  Ponies weren't a big thing for me as a kid; I was much more into stuffed animals, CPK and Barbie.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2016, 03:40:12 PM »
Me, they did not even exist when I was little. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 06:20:35 PM »
I started collecting at age 10, I think? All G3s, then I found G1 Posey Rose when I was about 13-14 in a rummage sale, so I didn't really have any early childhood ponies per-say :)
I finally found my grail! :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CottonTALE

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 06:57:29 PM »
I didn't really have ponies growing up. I had a fakie pony when I was around 6 or 7, but that's about it.

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 08:02:43 AM »
For some reason, MLP was never a part of my nor my sister's childhood that I recall. In fact, I wasn't really consciously aware of MLP toys until I was like, 15/16. o.o

I got my first MLP toy in my mid-20s.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 08:32:37 AM »
I didn't. G3 was around when I was little and I hated it. I got into collecting because of G4 and I later fell in love with G1s. I still don't like G3 and I think part of that was because I didn't when I was little, I also bought a few and wasn't impressed at all (the hair was too thin and I don't like the look). I love finding G4s in the stores and finding G1s at toy fairs and such. It's such an awesome feeling adding to the collection and sharing the joy with other people (especially kids).
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline gold.standard

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 07:10:22 AM »
Sorta? Its kinda weird. My mom says that I was obsessed and you couldn't pry me away from the tv if it was on and that I had piles and piles of ponies. But I don't remember any of it (thank you ptsd. don't remember care bears either, and that was my nickname for pete's sake haha). So its been interesting, I guess collecting them now and getting little flickers here in there if I see a certain pony hahah.
I love art and ponies so much!!

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Yukiru

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 09:28:41 AM »
Oh oh! Pick Me, pick me! *waves hand furiously* I was literally the only girl in my family out of my brother and 7 cousins, so needless to say I drifted more towards TMNT and Power Rangers than ponies (though I did have a hardy barbie collection >>). Plus all my friends were into horses and stuff and just never saw the appeal, especially since I wasn't able to ride cause I'm deadly allergic to horses and everything horsey related. I actually ended up collecting MLP somewhere around 9/10th grade when I saw customized ponies on dA and my obsession with collecting crap kicked in. It also helped that that was when G3 Cutie Cascade ponies were out and everyone knows how awesome looking they are  ;) I totally caved, bought G3 Morning Glory and that's the end of that XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal