collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2014  (Read 31223 times)

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NY Toy Fair 2014
« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2014, 10:42:21 AM »
Im seeing the octavia doll...but dont seem to exist a octavia brushable

How sad :(

There is one, she's just not visible in all of the pictures.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 16, 2014, 10:43:01 AM »
Im seeing the octavia doll...but dont seem to exist a octavia brushable

How sad :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She exists :)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #317 on: February 16, 2014, 10:44:36 AM »
oh, I didn't realize they were snowglobe ponies. I'll still wait to see them in person before deciding, but I'm definitely less interested in them now than when I was thinking they were just clear (and a softer plastic like normal ponies)
and what's with the mismatched wings/bodies on two of them??

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #318 on: February 16, 2014, 10:44:59 AM »
Oh so the snow glob ponies WILL be a bit heavy and apparently you won't be able to custom them :(

oh, I didn't realize they were snowglobe ponies. I'll still wait to see them in person before deciding, but I'm definitely less interested in them now than when I was thinking they were just clear (and a softer plastic like normal ponies)
Yeah I thought they were going to be like the normal ponies too
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 16, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »
Close up on the playset

I am glad we finally have some sense of scale for the playset.  Does look like it will work with the playful sized ponies.  This is the thing that I am officially most excited about.  I really wish they would make TS's library, though I know it is unlikely since she is now getting her own castle.

CottonTALE

« Reply #320 on: February 16, 2014, 10:46:49 AM »
Close up on the playset
Spoiler

I am glad we finally have some sense of scale for the playset.  Does look like it will work with the playful sized ponies.  This is the thing that I am officially most excited about.  I really wish they would make TS's library, though I know it is unlikely since she is now getting her own castle.
I would love Fluttershy's cottage as one of those pop playsets! then my army could have a little house to live in :D

Offline SaelaVe

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2014, 10:52:06 AM »
I am thoroughly disappointed with this year's lineup.
I absolutely loathe the Equestrian Girls line, and that seems to be Hasbro's primary focus now. Even if they are pairing each doll with a brushable versions of herself. It just doesn't warrant spending $20 on one small pony and a hideous doll. :(

Only things that looked somewhat interesting to me were the pop ponies, Sugarcube Corner playset, and the new male blind bags. So, looks like this will be a slow pony year for me. *Heads back to the MH Arena.*
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."

:rainbow: Instagram :rainbow:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2014, 11:00:36 AM »

Yeah I'm not sure with that, either. I definitely prefer the all clear ones. I think it's a bit odd Cadence is in Celestia's mould, too, when the other mould was actually more accurate to her =/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Snix

« Reply #323 on: February 16, 2014, 11:03:08 AM »
well, at least Octavia seems to had his bow tie molded and not ridiculously painted like the DJ Pon 3 glasses...

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 16, 2014, 11:08:18 AM »

Yeah I'm not sure with that, either. I definitely prefer the all clear ones. I think it's a bit odd Cadence is in Celestia's mould, too, when the other mould was actually more accurate to her =/

It may be that the mould works better with the gimmick.  I mean that because of the way the pony has to be manufactured in order for the "snow globe" to work, that they "had" to use the larger mould because the smaller moulds were *too* small.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2014, 11:13:45 AM »
Do people hate Equestria Girls because they're knockoffs of Monster High? <:/
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2014, 11:14:41 AM »
Jeeze I feel like theres a lot of Rainbow Rocks toys this year! I hope im able to grab them all! Im very excited for the snowglobe ones!!!

Post Merge: February 16, 2014, 11:19:50 AM

WAIT! Is our next 'large talking princess' going to be that Queen Cheeselegs with teanslucent wings and SOCKS!?? YAYAYAYAY!!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:19:50 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2014, 11:25:33 AM »

No, a lot of us don't seem to like them because we think they look horrible and are cheaply made (mostly no articulation, sub par hair and clothing). They keep getting compared to MH because that's their primary competition, and they're in the same price bracket when they are obviously a lower quality doll.

Personally, I wanted to like the dolls, I really did. I liked what the characters looked like in the movie. But Hasbro missed the mark making them into dolls. They could have done so much better. Then to add insult to injury, they make it harder on those of us that just want to stick to the brushables by pairing most of them with dolls we don't want. It makes me like the dolls even less because however I end up going about getting those ponies, I'm going to pay more for them than I should have to.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:38:06 AM by Okiedokieloki »

Offline juliepinetree

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »
Twilight Pink Navarro:  I can't answer for everyone, but I will give you my thoughts!  I don't hat EG, but I don't like it.  The spin off movies don't bother me a bit, and if they were making dolls and doing lot's with the pony line, I think there would be a whole lot less complaining.  My dislike of it is that they are not ponies anymore.  I did not like dolls as a kid, but loved animals and ponies.  This is my little pony, but they are taking the pony out of it.  Honestly, how hard would it be to put out 2 or 4 waves of new ponies?  That's what bothers me and is really disappointing. 

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2014, 11:28:41 AM »

I don't hate them (and I don't like MH either)
I don't like them b/c they are not PONIES. Hasbro is leaving the "pony" out of "my little pony" more and more, and I was even more frustrated that they introduced them in a huge anniversary year for MLP without any nod to the anniversary, they turned the ponies into humans :(

*edit to add, I also think they are poorly made for the price (both MH and Bratzillaz and EAH seem to have better quality dolls including joints and actual feet for the same or less $). I don't like the way their faces look or the shape of their heads

DeviantArt Etsy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal