collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on Styling G4 Hair  (Read 292 times)

Offline geekybones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumbllllrrrrrrr
Advice on Styling G4 Hair
« on: March 20, 2015, 02:05:27 PM »
Hey there Arena!

So, I've been doing a round of fresh hair styling on all my ponies and, having come to my g4s, have reached an impasse. I can't seem to find styles that work on them. Either the curl(s)/straight hair cover up their entire body and symbol OR their hair won't lay flat when combed to lay on their non-display side (not to mention this blocks some of the lovely hair colors in g4!). I've tried wrapping their hair/head and neck in a paper towel  and pinning it closed to make their hair dry flat against them, but it doesn't seem to work. I've never had that kind of problems with the previous generations- did something change in the fourth generations hair make up?

So Arena! How do YOU style your g4's hair? Can anybody give me some tips or ideas? I've got pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies who all need some new hairdos!

ponycentric

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Advice on Styling G4 Hair
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 02:44:37 PM »
I used straws, slide pins (the completely smooth style of bobby pins) and a hot lamp or hair dryer.  Got my ponies looking pretty stylish.  Lot of work, though.  You really -have- to apply heat to get the hair to hold any sort of style.

Small rubber bands work really well if you don't want curls; pull the hair straight and use the bands around the head and legs to hold the hair straight and against the pony.  Make sure the hair is damp when you do this, then put her under a wartm lasmp or blast her with a hair dryer on low. 

Hopefully this helps you!

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 03:40:07 PM »
http://countschlick.deviantart.com/gallery/36478258/Pony-Hair-Tutorials

Here's some good tutorials, at least for the Mane 6. If you can't work with tiny rubber bands, I cheated and used red breadbag ties (At least for AJ's hair).
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
I am so boring! I like them just as they come out of the box. Some initial detangler usually makes the hair extra easy to work with and then simply combing it into a position. :) Hopefully you can find something a little more exciting for you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal