collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Looking for someone to help me get the TRU exclusives :)  (Read 791 times)

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Looking for someone to help me get the TRU exclusives :)
« on: July 01, 2012, 01:44:41 AM »
Hi  :satisfied:

I know they're not out yet, but I'm looking for someone who is willing to help me get the TRU ponies (The collectors set and Zecora) :) I live in the Netherlands and I don't think they'll make it here any time soon, and I'm reluctant to pay scalpers on Ebay ^^"

Of course I'm paying for the ponies and shipping to The Netherlands and a bit extra for your effort!

Thank you so much :)

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for someone to help me get the TRU exclusives :)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 09:40:31 PM »
...Wow. Okay. Goddamn would that shipping be expensive from here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bronley

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:55:16 AM »
...Wow. Okay. Goddamn would that shipping be expensive from here.
Is that you offering to run it for Aienhime? If not, I will.

Offline anthologia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 08:47:29 AM »
I'd be willing to do it, I'm just also going holy crap shipping cost to Netherlands.  :shocked: I'd have to research costs better, though, and would absolutely be willing to step aside if anyone has a lower estimate.

Bronley

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 09:23:24 AM »
I'd be willing to do it, I'm just also going holy crap shipping cost to Netherlands.  :shocked: I'd have to research costs better, though, and would absolutely be willing to step aside if anyone has a lower estimate.
The Favorites Collection is 1.3lbs and 17.9" x 12.6" x 2.3", if we assume Zecora weighs the same as a Riding Along With Fluttershy (since that looks about the right size and I had one here to weigh) at 7oz, plus 1lb 4oz for a 19"x16"x7.5" box I have here is 3lbs total (and can probably cut down the box a bit to stay under that with packing).

USPS Priority Mail International for that would be $36.77.

For large packages like this UPS is usually cheaper. I use PayPal's Ship Now to get the best UPS rate, but would need the real address to check the cost.

Offline anthologia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 12:44:19 PM »
Okay! A couple thoughts: first, I think Bronley's estimate is a tad lower than mine.

Secondly, I was poking around, trying to think of how your shipping costs could be cut down a little. IF you're willing to sacrifice the Toys R Us fan favorites box for lower cost, I could take them out and send them in a large envelope. Assuming Nightmare Moon weighs ~the same as a molded Celestia, the ponies themselves would weigh slightly under one pound. First-class shipping for them would be $13-15. (If any didn't fit, any small package containing one PP size pony would be about $3.60, and fitting two extra ponies into a package would be about a dollar more.

I honestly can't estimate the shipping cost of Zecora-in-box because I don't know the dimensions or weight for her. :/

If you wanted it pre-ordered in case of TRU in-store stock failure,  fan favorites + shipping to get to me would be $46.34. And then $10 for Zecora.

*deep breath* So at my highest estimate ($15 for shipping, though I actually think it would be less, but depends on Nightmare Moon), full cost of fan favorites would be approx. $64.50 (counting a little extra to compensate for Paypal's 2.9% + $.30 commission). Though probably under by a dollar or so, again depending on exact sizes and weights of ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal