collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The saddest Nirvana ever.. could she even be fixed?  (Read 974 times)

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
The saddest Nirvana ever.. could she even be fixed?
« on: April 24, 2016, 11:30:21 PM »
I came across the saddest Greek Baby Bluebell (saddest pony I've seen for that matter) in an eBay auction.  The auction has now ended so I think it's safe to post.

Take a look at her.  Is there even any hope? :shocked:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/greece-Vintage-80s-MLP-G1-El-Greco-Greek-My-Little-Pony-Blue-Belle-/111972148740?hash=item1a120f6604:g:GdkAAOSwxp9W7bRS&autorefresh=true

She's been drawn on/stained, and slashed open on both sides AND her belly :shocked: :cry:
Why would anyone do that? I hope someone somewhere could repair that poor girl, but I don't have a clue how to begin.

Has anyone else seen ponies this bad?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:32:07 PM by princessluna11706 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: The saddest Nirvana ever.. could she even be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 11:45:45 PM »
Aw, that poor Baby Bluebell D:

I honestly never seen a pony that bad before, its astounding how they are selling her at that price (tried anyway). Worse I've ever seen is stained and a bad haircut.

As for repairing... Only thing I can think of is clay and smoothing it out, sunfading her, then paint the clay that matches her body color.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 02:13:01 AM »
I saw her too, she needs really godd repairs and lots of tons of love!!!  ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Gusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 03:47:57 AM »
Poor Baby Bluebell  :( .
but I have seen ponies worse than this and it's possible to repair her :)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 04:34:22 AM »
aww, the poor girl :(
I really hope she'll eventually (after her price has been lowered... I find it a little odd that they ask this much for her in this condition - though I'm not familiar with her price in normal condition) be bought by someone who can repair her and love her the way she is.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 11:46:14 AM »
What *is* her value? If she was at about £20 I'd take her on as a project!

I imagine you'd get some traction by using two-part silicone clay on her insides, and by meshing the broken vinyl edges with another type of glue, then gently sand any glue line down? The rest is sunfade/conditioner and hope.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 12:37:09 PM »
I've been wondering about her, poor little thing!

I'm sure some sun fading would help her marks :) and shampoo and condition will help her hair. I'm pretty sure you could carefully glue her back together with the right sort of glue ^.^

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 01:24:35 PM »
I swear someone has a vendetta out for the various versions of poor Baby Bluebelle, since I got one (pale haired one) just before Christmas who had had her eyes basically rubbed off, her hair cut and her symbol practically gone. Not as bad as this poor baby, but I couldn't not adopt her. Thanks to PKW she now has her eyes back and is quite happily living in my herd...but I had a reasonable seller who took a fair offer on her.

That one is very expensive and in twice as bad condition as my own. I really hope the seller doesn't just throw her in the bin, though - it always worries me with ponies like that that if they can't get a sale they might just throw it out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 02:04:05 PM »
Awwww, poor girl! I would hope she can be fixed, but it might take some work. I've seen people restore missing limbs in the past :)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 08:01:03 PM »
aww, the poor girl :(
I really hope she'll eventually (after her price has been lowered... I find it a little odd that they ask this much for her in this condition - though I'm not familiar with her price in normal condition) be bought by someone who can repair her and love her the way she is.

That's what I was thinking- that price!  :blink: If she were a bit cheaper I'm sure someone would have bought her as a project, but at that price I don't see it happening.  Hopefully they'll lower it?

I swear someone has a vendetta out for the various versions of poor Baby Bluebelle, since I got one (pale haired one) just before Christmas who had had her eyes basically rubbed off, her hair cut and her symbol practically gone. Not as bad as this poor baby, but I couldn't not adopt her. Thanks to PKW she now has her eyes back and is quite happily living in my herd...but I had a reasonable seller who took a fair offer on her.

That one is very expensive and in twice as bad condition as my own. I really hope the seller doesn't just throw her in the bin, though - it always worries me with ponies like that that if they can't get a sale they might just throw it out.

Yikes!  What is it about her that makes her so unlikeable?  :P Poor thing!  I'm glad yours was able to be restored, PKW does some amazing work.  She's restored a few of my nirvanas too, and will be my go to if I need any more!  Again, yes that price!  That's what I was afraid of, the seller tossing her thinking she's trash since she didn't sell, not considering they simply asked too much..

What *is* her value? If she was at about £20 I'd take her on as a project!

I imagine you'd get some traction by using two-part silicone clay on her insides, and by meshing the broken vinyl edges with another type of glue, then gently sand any glue line down? The rest is sunfade/conditioner and hope.

I'm glad to hear there is a way!  I thought about the sunfading, but wasn't sure about the slashes.  As if her sides weren't enough, her belly got it too!  I wonder that the kid was thinking  :blink:

Hopefully she'll be relisted at a more reasonable price.  We have many talented people in our community, and after reading this thread I'd love to see her given a new life!

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal