collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 90674 times)

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #480 on: August 04, 2016, 08:09:30 AM »
I mostly play at work (I know,I  know...bad Renia!) but summer semester means a lot less students to work with, so I'm not busy 90% of the time and just sitting at my desk anyway. Plus my building is a Pokestop, so it'd be a waste not take advantage of that.

I also play when I go on walks. I still don't play as much as I did a few weeks ago, though.

I really, really want things to get better in this game. I don't hate the most recent update as much as I did last week, but a lot of things still bug me. The tracker might as well not even be there if they're fixing it, and gyms aren't very fun unless your Pokémon are near 2000CP. I've been playing since day 1 and I just can't compete with some of these people, and that takes the fun out of it. :(
This, so much this! We've got a gym around with high 2k/low3k, and I'm just like...what the heck do you do all day to jave that strong of a Pokemon? We mostly play for my 6yo, and it's just not fun when you go through 6 Pokemon in battle in less than 30 seconds. I don't have time or gas money to go into town and grind like some of these people do. The most excitement she gets is just reading through the Pokedex.

Oh my word, the tracker is ridiculous and the glitch where 10cp are breaking out of balls and running away is stupid. Stupid Weedle wasting my dang balls...LOL.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #481 on: August 04, 2016, 08:23:55 AM »
Jeeeeeze there are 3k pokes out there!? I think someone used a bot....thats just ridiculous!  :lol: mine are just stretching close to 2k but a few seriously took a lot of Stardust outta me! Im saving the rest for Dragonite

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 04, 2016, 09:41:09 AM »
*grins* remember,  you can use 6 pokemon for gym battles, and if you plan it out, you *can* beat pokemon much higher levels than yours are.  The gym I beat a few days ago had a 1800+ vaporeon, and my highest pokemon was level 1300ish...it took some looking up pokemon to do, so i knew which was strong against what, but i did it!

Course, half an hour later it got taken over by someone else, but still. :)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #483 on: August 04, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »
Also, you can battle alongside others for some extra help!!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 04, 2016, 10:07:34 AM »
Oh, I knew all of that already. I was actually doing very well in gyms for a while (held a spot in one for a week, and a few others for a couple of days), but I wasn't really playing for about one week after my brother died, and it seemed like everyone around me got super far ahead of me in that time (not that I'm complaining. I was much more worried about my family than this game). So... there are two problems, at least for me:

1. I don't have any friends that are also Team Instinct. So there's no fighting alongside anyone for me unless I just happen to run into strangers who are also Instinct. Even when I go walking with my friends, they can team up with each other, but I'm the lone Instinct in the group. I was the first one in our group to play the game, the first to hit level 5 and join a team, and I thought we would all pick the same team (we all like Zapdos more than the other two), but no one else picked Instinct despite that. I'm actually kinda salty over that, tbh. :pout:

2. Joining your own team's gym is really difficult when all the Pokemon there already are high CP. It takes foreeeeeever to get the points up in order to join if you're only able to beat one Pokemon at a time (since you can only use one Pokemon at gyms that are the same team as you). I basically only look for gyms that already have the option to join available, because if the Pokemon are too strong, I don't stand a chance. There's a Team Instinct gym right across the road from my house right now, and the lowest CP Pokemon there is a 1560 Vaporeon. My toughest Vaporeon is only slightly higher than that, so imagine how close that battle would be. Then I'd likely lose against the next Pokemon.
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

« Reply #485 on: August 04, 2016, 10:36:41 AM »
All the gyms in my area are blue, mostly from my coworkersand I!  :cool: I havnt been battling a whole lot though lately, just going out to almost Waco and the lakes to find some exotic Pokémon! We are going to all get together (coworkers including mangment) to see if the legendary bird thing with holding a certain number of gyms thing works. Im sad Niantic withdrew the legendary birds from trainers accounts....like what the heck!??
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 10:40:11 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 04, 2016, 10:57:49 AM »
Wasn't the legendary birds thing a hack/cheat/glitch, so technically NO ONE was supposed to have them yet? In that case, it makes sense for Niantic to remove them.

I stopped playing the game for about two and half weeks and I am way too far behind to catch up. Plus, I am too stubborn and not wanting to shell out cash to buy more Pokeballs, but don't have the patience to hover around a PokeStop just to refill on them. xD
I have friends that play the game, but they are either on different teams or dont live right near me or on a schedule that works with mine. ^^'

I will say that after they revelaed what the team leaders looked like...I wish I had joined Instinct. xD

Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 04, 2016, 10:59:28 AM »
1. I don't have any friends that are also Team Instinct. So there's no fighting alongside anyone for me unless I just happen to run into strangers who are also Instinct. Even when I go walking with my friends, they can team up with each other, but I'm the lone Instinct in the group. I was the first one in our group to play the game, the first to hit level 5 and join a team, and I thought we would all pick the same team (we all like Zapdos more than the other two), but no one else picked Instinct despite that. I'm actually kinda salty over that, tbh. :pout:

If you have any team Mystic or Valor friends (whoever opposes the gym you're after) friends you actually can fight together. Just at the end whoever clicks the fastest/has the fastest phone/places a pokemon faster will get the gym. I have a coworker on Instinct and we do it all the time. (My phone is faster than his ;) )

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 04, 2016, 11:02:28 AM »
If you have any team Mystic or Valor friends (whoever opposes the gym you're after) friends you actually can fight together. Just at the end whoever clicks the fastest/has the fastest phone/places a pokemon faster will get the gym. I have a coworker on Instinct and we do it all the time. (My phone is faster than his ;) )

I actually did this with a friend last week! It was really fun and a great way to get experience... but it helped that the gym was unoccupied before we got there. All the gyms around me are level 5 and higher, so can't really do that around here. :cry:

I do hate to sound like I'm complaining, but it's really annoying that I can't enjoy the gyms anymore. I sorta wish they'd just overhaul the whole gym system, or at least introduce being able to battle with friends. I'd have way more fun with that.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 04, 2016, 11:07:11 AM »
I have never enjoyed gyms in this game. :blush:

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 04, 2016, 11:10:23 AM »
I would *love* to be battle with friends! My 6yo brought all her Pokemon cards to my mom's house last weekend to show my stepbrother, and they were adorable together, going through them all (he's 22 lol). She would be so geeked to battle her Uncle!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 04, 2016, 11:20:52 AM »
My husband said he'll only play the game if they introduce battling between friends. He also said he'd be Team Instinct. I really wish he'd just play it so I wouldn't feel so lonely...

I will say that after they revelaed what the team leaders looked like...I wish I had joined Instinct. xD

I have a few friends who said the same thing. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

« Reply #492 on: August 04, 2016, 12:00:01 PM »
Wasn't the legendary birds thing a hack/cheat/glitch, so technically NO ONE was supposed to have them yet? In that case, it makes sense for Niantic to remove them.

I stopped playing the game for about two and half weeks and I am way too far behind to catch up. Plus, Iuourstubborn and not wanting to shell out cash to buy more Pokeballs, but don't have the patience to hover around a PokeStop just to refill on them. xD
I have friends that play the game, but they are either on different teams or dont live right near me or on a schedule that works with mine. ^^'

There definetly was a glitch with the Ohio articuno yes but there ahere are more reports of legendary birds- not giving anyone false hope but im just going off what some people on reddit are reporting! Rumor has it if you hold a certain amount of gyms in an area the birds may show up-thats what people are reporting. Maybe a glitch too? So my coworkers want to test that! The Articuno in Ohio thing was apparently real but got revoked, ditto eggs are also in the wild but they arent supposed to be yet from what Niantic said and they are taking them away. Hopfully they add a breeding feature with ditto!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:08:17 PM by Princess Lala »

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 04, 2016, 12:08:57 PM »
I honestly gotta side with them on this one for removing them from the game. People weren't supposed to have them yet, point blank. Plus, there were a lot of people using some sort of hack to get them- at least from what I've read. It's hard to believe anyone on the internet, so it makes sense to just remove all of them until Niantic is ready to officially release them.
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

« Reply #494 on: August 04, 2016, 12:27:22 PM »
Yeah, its really hard to trust people on the Internet :( I was just reading theres a hack you can use to turn Pokémon in PoGo into legendaries! I didnt even know that! Also a lot of people who are not too familiar with Pokémon might be confusing the Fearow silhouette for Moltres and posting it on reddit! xD

Im sure if we are paitent Niantic will give us chances all across the world to get legendary Pokémon and ditto.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal