collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trying to mend my broken heart and find my toy that I lost at the age of 8!  (Read 2795 times)

Tenar

• Trade Count: (0)
If it is from Eden Toys then you have a good chance at finding him.  They are on eBay a lot. From the description, this is only possible candidate I could find right now:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:19:56 PM by Tenar »

Offline kayveryn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Eden-Knit-Blue-Bumble-Bee-Plush-White-Stripe-Yellow-Feet-/231108337861?pt=Stuffed_Animals_US&hash=item35cf2160c5

I'm going to take a guess that this plush is from the same line as your bunny, but really can't find much info...=[

Kayveryn

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions! And yes, those ones that you guys found on Ebay do look very similar. I actually just purchased one that someone showed me that is very similar to Puppy Rabbit, though not quite the same (for one thing, it's very obvious that he is a rabbit and does not look like a puppy). Here's a picture of the one I bought:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It would be amazing if I found the (now adult) child who picked up Puppy Rabbit about 20 years ago. It would be like the plot of a movie or something. It would probably be a dashing, handsome single man who has been looking for the original owner of the toy for 20 years and we would fall madly in love... ;P

I'll check the websites you guys suggested and keep looking on Ebay. Thanks for all the help and understanding!

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Awesome! There have been stranger things happen, Anthony Hopkins was playing the lead in a movie adaptation of The Girl from Petrovka and wanted to read the book. Well, he found it in the London underground lying on a seat, but even weirder was that when he opened it, it was the actual author's personal copy!!! So, hope springs eternal lol. best of luck, I really feel for you :)
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
I do hope you find your puppy rabbit.  I was having a look and, while not like your puppy rabbit, when I saw this guy I thought... he sure is a cross between and puppy and a rabbit (if you took away his carrot).

*live link removed*

[live links removed per site rules - kkat]
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:51:34 AM by kaoskat »
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
I sent a while looking for you. He looks like Arthur the Aardvark, especially the outfit. But I couldn't find any that were Knit :( best of luck I'll keep my eye out at thrifts!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Awesome! There have been stranger things happen, Anthony Hopkins was playing the lead in a movie adaptation of The Girl from Petrovka and wanted to read the book. Well, he found it in the London underground lying on a seat, but even weirder was that when he opened it, it was the actual author's personal copy!!! So, hope springs eternal lol. best of luck, I really feel for you :)

Lol, that's a crazy story! Someone should make a movie about that.

I do hope you find your puppy rabbit.  I was having a look and, while not like your puppy rabbit, when I saw this guy I thought... he sure is a cross between and puppy and a rabbit (if you took away his carrot).
*live link removed*

Aww, that's adorable! If he didn't have the carrot I would definitely have thought that he was a puppy. :)

I sent a while looking for you. He looks like Arthur the Aardvark, especially the outfit. But I couldn't find any that were Knit :( best of luck I'll keep my eye out at thrifts!
I can see that. He was actually made before the Arthur books existed though. But thank you for your help!

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
I can see that. He was actually made before the Arthur books existed though. But thank you for your help!

Really?  The Arthur books were first written in the 70's and really took off in the 80's, according to wiki.  I remember a friend having them when I was little and I was born in the '70's.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

Really?  The Arthur books were first written in the 70's and really took off in the 80's, according to wiki.  I remember a friend having them when I was little and I was born in the '70's.
Oh, really? I definitely thought they were published in the 80s and 90s. I guess the books my library had must have been made then. Hmm... I do know that Eden has made a lot of licensed characters, too (I've seen a lot of Beatrix Potter and things like that). I don't really think Puppy Rabbit was supposed to be Arthur, though.

::Edit:: Ah, okay -- I looked it up. Back in the 70s and 80s Arthur actually looked like an aardvark and had a long nose -- his look eventually changed so that he didn't really have a nose (which always really confused me -- probably causing my confusion about the dates).

Offline minamarie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Ask your parents if he got customised in any way. My plush lost eyes and mouth and my mum made him some with whiteboardmarker

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
He looks like Arthur the Aardvark, especially the outfit.

He looks more like Buster Baxter to me. At least, the clothing does. :)

I've been looking at different bunnies, puppies, even even lambs. For some reason, I keep thinking that small picture looks like a lamb.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
....I just have to say I LOVE how many people are trying to help you find this!!!  This just warms my heart.  I'll keep an eye out, as well :)

Offline Pumpkin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Enjoy the little things in life.
    • View Profile
    • Het Kamertje eBay
This one also looks a bit like a bunny puppy and is knitted.

*live link removed*

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:49:57 AM by kaoskat »

Visite Het Kamertje!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
I found a company called Blabla that makes knit animals.  I've dones some searching, but maybe with this information more people can look.

Blabla (or Bla Bla) which is a Peru based company it seems.

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
Okay so the bit that gets me with this Eden toy one, and all the other Eden toy ones, is they have the blue eyes and pink mouth thing you talked about.

*live link removed*

And the right foot/hand shape and such. I did a lot of other searching, especially in like Vintage knit patterns, in case someone had made it for the hospital. And I researched the hospital gift shop but the website is crapola. but the Eden ones  still seem to match the best so I'm gonna try to find more.

See then there's this ill guy, with the pink insides of the ears even...

*live link removed*

Post Merge: January 23, 2014, 10:50:20 PM

Just found to this website, that helps people find and identify lost childhood toys.

http://plushmemories.com

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:49:00 AM by kaoskat »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal