collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Cosplay, Especially G1!  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Cosplay, Especially G1!
« on: August 06, 2015, 05:39:00 PM »
Hey guys! So I've decided to try and whip up a G1 pony cosplay, and I'm curious to see how other people have pulled theirs off! Would you mind sharing? (Especially Big Brother ponies, please!)

Even if your costume is G4, G2 or G3 based, I'd love to see it! The more the merrier!

:frolic:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline moevelvet

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Cosplay, Especially G1!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:40:38 PM »
I've done several different pony cosplay, so when I saw this, I scrambled to find photos.  Unfortunately, I rarely take good photos of my costumes, so I could only find one.   :sad:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sadly, I was so excited, I only took three pictures during the whole pony fair, so this is the only one I have with me in it, I hope the Apple Bloom pictured doesn't mind.  I'm Princess Luna, on the left.

Here is my original design sketch:

I based my Luna costume on her appearance in the the 2nd season episode "Luna Eclipsed."

I knew from the start that I wanted her collar to be an integral part of the outfit, and that I wanted the costume to be a semi-fancy dress.
After that, I looked at others' fanart of humanized Luna.  At that time, Luna's character was pretty open to interpretation.  I liked shy Luna best, so I decided to go for a flowy, ethereal look.  I decided that the dress should be sleek and fairly simple in design.

I actually didn't end up incorporating her cutie mark into the dress, instead intended to have it painted on my shoulder, but I ended up always forgetting.  This costume was made on a strict budget, when my mom was still paying for my costumes, so it isn't as amazing as it could be.

A few changes were made for this particular appearance, since the dress was completed in 2013.
I discovered that the sleeves as I had sewn them were to constrictive and didn't allow me to raise my arms, so they were replaced with elbow-length gloves.  I also had to take in the bodice by four inches, because I had lost weight, forcing me to almost resew the dress completely.

I've done a few other pony costumes that I don't have pictures of, and I'm hoping to make a G1 costume for next year's pony fair, but I haven't decided who yet.
Current profile pic from: http://kero444.deviantart.com/
Ember by Nence

Online kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »
ahhh i need to find pictures but my sister did an AppleJack cosplay and DCC'14

sorry best pic I can find of it XD I literally threw that together for her about two days before we left for Con XD
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 08:16:56 PM »
Heeeee!!!

I am working on a looooot but. I have finished G1 Bow Tie, and Heart Throb. Very close with mo Star Hopper.

Working on g3 Minty, g3 Rainbow Dash, and g1 Munchy.

Also, a friend is gonna be Surprise while I am g1 Applejack!!!!

I dont ever get pics of me posted though sorry.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 11:57:55 PM »
Oh wow, you guys have so many cute costumes!! Great job!! moevelvet, I'm so jealous of people who can sew well, I'm barely at the level of "able to sew in a straight line"! :blush: kestral_kitsune I literally thought that was a family photo, until I went, "Wait a sec, isn't that Carl from the Walking Dead...? DOES SHE HAVE A FAMOUS SIBLING?!" ;) And @Sapphire Rain, I feel ya! I don't really post pics of myself either, I'm very shy! But I love seeing other peoples' creations! :heart:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 03:13:31 AM »
I literally thought that was a family photo, until I went, "Wait a sec, isn't that Carl from the Walking Dead...? DOES SHE HAVE A FAMOUS SIBLING?!" ;)

Same here! I thought, why does her brother look so familiar?

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 06:55:24 AM »
Since it's on the internet (I didn't do it :P ), here's my 80's Shining Armor cosplay at Midwest Brony Fest in Kansas City this year (I'm at 3:12):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3JYCrYD1ps
I based it on Shining Armor in the "Neigh Anything" arc of the comic (11 & 12) where everything is 80's related. Last year at both MWBF and Nightmare Nights in Dallas I had the same cosplay, though it was based on how Shining looked at the fall formal in the comic.

I also went as the "Observer pony" Andy Price (who is a big fan of "The Fringe") likes to put in the comics, at MWBF this year. It was just a suit I pieced together with a cutie mark taped to the jacket (don't have a photo).

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Online kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 04:40:00 PM »
Oh wow, you guys have so many cute costumes!! Great job!! moevelvet, I'm so jealous of people who can sew well, I'm barely at the level of "able to sew in a straight line"! :blush: kestral_kitsune I literally thought that was a family photo, until I went, "Wait a sec, isn't that Carl from the Walking Dead...? DOES SHE HAVE A FAMOUS SIBLING?!" ;) And @Sapphire Rain, I feel ya! I don't really post pics of myself either, I'm very shy! But I love seeing other peoples' creations! :heart:

hahahah don't worry the photographer made that kind of comment and even his mom was all '...dude you two look like siblings' XDDD -there was no hugging the Carl though... Rooker how ever was a very handsy  guy XD
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 04:40:15 PM »
These are adorable! I love the styling on your Luna outfit!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal