collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Starting a G1 collection  (Read 2283 times)

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Staring a G1 collection
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 06:15:49 AM »
Perhaps yo could show your parents the site, particularly this thread so they can see how helpful and supportive everyone is.

No matter what age you are there is always support and encouragement to be found on the arena.  :biggrin:

Good luck building the collection  :biggrin:
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

RarityDash

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 11:28:11 AM »
Yay! So I went to ebay to look at ponies, and the result for the one that was ending the quickest (about 2 hours) was this Cherries Jubilee. She was one of the ponies I wanted, and the bidding was at $7.00, so once my dad got home I asked him since he's usually easier than my mom. I just won her for $7.00 with free shipping!

I would give you the seller pictures, but I don't know how to upload pics onto here. She seems in pretty good condition, with only one mark I can see.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:25:09 PM by RarityDash »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 12:29:32 PM »
A little off topic, but last night I dreamed a few random ponies had been added to my collection. Most of them were well known ponies I could recognize, but there was a pink G1 unicorn with rainbow hair. I thought she was really pretty, and if there is a real pony that fits that description, could you just give me the name so I could look her up and see if her price will possibly let me get her.
Thanks everyone so much  :biggrin:

-RarityDash

Could also be Parasol.

I don't have anymore to add that hasn't been already covered.  Good luck starting your collection!

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 01:56:04 AM »
When I first started recollecting G1s I was in high school, so not quite 18 yet. I wasn't able to buy off ebay or use paypal, but there were a lot of really nice sellers here at the arena that were willing to work with me, and I was able to start recollecting that way.

Good luck with your collection! I'm always excited to meet a new G1 collector!

~Jennifer
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 06:43:04 AM »
Yay! So I went to ebay to look at ponies, and the result for the one that was ending the quickest (about 2 hours) was this Cherries Jubilee. She was one of the ponies I wanted, and the bidding was at $7.00, so once my dad got home I asked him since he's usually easier than my mom. I just won her for $7.00 with free shipping!

I would give you the seller pictures, but I don't know how to upload pics onto here. She seems in pretty good condition, with only one mark I can see.

Thats awesome :) I hope you will be able to share pictures over in the brag forum when you get her.

Here is a nice instructional on how to add pictures to a post on the Arena - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,341766.0.html
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

RarityDash

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 10:29:54 AM »
Thanks! I might just wait until I get her for pics, since she's coming on friday. I wonder where she will go since she doesnt quite fit in with my other shelves. Probably following me around the house!

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 08:26:26 AM »
I would suggest asking your friends to ask their friends and your/their family members if they happen to have any old MLP in the attic/garage or wherever- you never know, it never hurts to have as many eyes on the look out for you as possible and you might score someones unwanted childhood collection as your own to clean up and love :) Ask everyone! ^_^
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

RarityDash

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 08:14:57 AM »
I got got her and and she does have a few flaws. I will post the pictures here and in the brag forum once I take and edit them. She does, however, have some flaws. These is a small rub on her NDS symbol, but that;s pretty easy for me to overlook. She has small black specks around one of her ears and on the insides of herblack legs. There is also what I think is some sort of pen mark on the edge of one foot.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 09:25:16 AM »
Some sun fading may help with the pen marks and the black marks may be in ground dirt which can be moved with a proper scrub :) Cant wait to see pictures.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

RarityDash

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »
 I have officially fallen in love with G1. They are so much nicer looking than all my G4s. When I first started collecting I thought G1's were weird looking but I changed my view entirely about a month ago. G4's are cheaply made and now all the new stuff is just gimmicky rereleases of the same 6 ponies. But I still love the TV show. This G1 I have is almost 30 years old and she is in better state than half of my other ponies. my computer is being uncooperative with pictures so they might have to wait until tomorrow. I might even take new ones after I clean her up since she smells a bit odd even though it's most likely old plastic mixed with however the seller's house smelled.
But in the mean time a little introduction to the rest of my collection. :)
 :newpony: :newpony:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a G1 collection
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
Always great to welcome another G1 collector into the ranks  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 08:29:40 PM »
Looking forward to seeing pics :)

It's amazing how quickly G1's will steal your heart and your money ;)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 12:43:37 AM »
Hooray!  I am sure you will treasure your vintage Cherries Jubilee as First Pony!  Well, first G1 anyway!  :)   Congratulations!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

RarityDash

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2014, 06:39:42 AM »
I'm planning on giving her a bath, but I feel like I might mess something up. She's just so delicate feeling compared to my other ponies. I am asking such newb questions right now, but is there anything specific I should or shouldn't do when cleaning her. I don't want to mess up my first G1 pony.
This is the third or fourth time I've said this but you are all such amazing people and you are all so supportive and helpful with these wonderful ponies. :biggrin:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2014, 06:58:32 AM »
Dish soap and an old soft-ish toothbrush or face washer is what I use personally, it works a treat. It's gentle and removes most marks. I then pop some conditioner in the hair, leave it in for 24 hours then wash it out and style with paper towels/tissue (and straws if I'm curling).

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal