collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5 Fantasy  (Read 2291 times)

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G5 Fantasy
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
I love g1's and g3's best. For adult ponies I preferthe look of the G3's, for babies I prefer the g1 style. They definitely need to bring out more boy ponies with the G1 look as well. I never cared for the look of g2 (too skinny with very weird faces) lol and g3.5 makes me think of bratz meets mlp (yuck).

I love symbols on both sides, and there needs to be more variety, colours, symbols, families etc...

^ this!

I love the differnt looks of the G1's, those babies were best. i love the sleekness of the G3's. and the variety of both. Bratz ponies were awful ponies (still get them for my daughter cuz they need love too)

G5 fantasy for me is more variety.

I still don't get why some people compare G3.5 to Bratz when they are nothing alike at all. Bratz have a pouty snarky fierceness to them (sideeyes all around!) while the G3.5s look like Powerpuff "I drank too much soda! Wheeeee!" ponies.

head chunkyness? Both Bratz ponies and g3.5 have big massive football heads that you just want to kick (well i do)
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 11:41:26 AM »
I honestly can't wait for season 1!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 11:48:13 AM »
I'd gladly take a new show during G4.  I'm just looking for a little change of scenery and some new faces.  65 episodes of the same characters being basically stuck in place (give the CMC their damn marks already) is starting to lose its touch.  I was hoping Twilight being a princess was going to change things up, but it seems like the showrunners are too worried about upsetting bronies by letting things change.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 11:51:48 AM »
I'd gladly take a new show during G4.  I'm just looking for a little change of scenery and some new faces.  65 episodes of the same characters being basically stuck in place (give the CMC their damn marks already) is starting to lose its touch.  I was hoping Twilight being a princess was going to change things up, but it seems like the showrunners are too worried about upsetting bronies by letting things change.

A medival fantasy adventure show, in other words. I'd love to see that again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Cupcakebunny

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 11:51:55 AM »
I'd just like a black pony. Really, is that too much to ask for?  :cry: I know there's Luna and Nightmare Moon...but that's just not enough.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 12:00:33 PM »
A medival fantasy adventure show, in other words. I'd love to see that again.
Maybe not medieval, but an adventure show.  I like the feel of the G1 cartoon of having a very small enclave of ponies surrounded by a very big and not so nice world.  Equestria is a little too powerful and safe for my tastes.  It's a great setting for a slice of life show, but not so much fantastic adventures where the continued survival of Ponykind is in doubt.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 12:14:37 PM »

... she's only just become a princess. The only thing we've seen with her as a princess, after that episode, is Equestria Girls, and we only have vague details on season four. From what it's sounding like, season four will have some interesting stuff, and to my memory some characters will get to sing that haven't had songs before. That's got me really interested.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

GothMummy

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 12:26:47 PM »
Oh wow, I could get on board with a G5 line like Sweetheart Sisters. Or even Dream Beauties. but mostly I would like a return to variety and feeling of G1/G3 and bigger ponies - those G4s are just tooo tiny.

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 12:39:26 PM »
I like your idea, just elaborate on the G3s and make new body poses. I realllllly reallllly want TAFs and Sea Ponies back!!!!!! (Oh, and on Facebook, Hasbro said MLP is starting up again in November!!  ^.^)

(And why did they ever get rid of the sea ponies!??)
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 12:47:45 PM »
I like your idea, just elaborate on the G3s and make new body poses. I realllllly reallllly want TAFs and Sea Ponies back!!!!!! (Oh, and on Facebook, Hasbro said MLP is starting up again in November!!  ^.^)

(And why did they ever get rid of the sea ponies!??)

I'm really happy that the recent storybook has G4 sea ponies! Now if only we could get them in toy form...
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

GothMummy

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 12:48:17 PM »
Crystal Mist you wrote: Oh, and on Facebook, Hasbro said MLP is starting up again in November!!

huh? what does this mean - is it a new line of toys, or a new series of FiM or just a new wave of G4s? elaborate, please ;) xx

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 12:51:06 PM »
We all want something different. I'm actually super happy where we are now, and when G5 comes along, I'll probably be done with ponies. :3 So G4 can last a bit longer, and that'll make me happy.

For me, there is nothing they can do to bring back G1. Whatever they do, wouldn't be good enough.

I never liked G3s, they felt like an imitation to me. I wanted to like them. I really, really tried to like them. And I can totally appreciate why so many people like them!

G4. I like it because it *IS* different. I love the design. I think it's adorable as all get out. Both for the TV show and toys. I like small things-- I always have. [And it's even a bonus, since now I don't have a lot of space.] And the merch @__@; So many things to be had, I'm just quite content.

So as I said, when G5 rolls around, I'll be done. I feel like it'll be a backtrack imitation again, and... well, *shrug*.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 12:51:50 PM »
They said: "SHARE if you're excited for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic season 4, premiering Nov. 23! http://bit.ly/15iqRto" on their photos, so I think that means the show!!  :biggrin:
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

GothMummy

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 12:56:38 PM »
CrystalMist - thanks :) I dont go on facebook so I miss out on all those things.

thanks for this post BigHicks - I might go and design/write my own G5 line now.... x

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 12:56:55 PM »
When G1 ended it seems Hasbro wanted to make something entirely different; thus comes G2, which may or may not have been influenced by the Sweetheart Sisters.
This is, unfortunately, a flop, making G2 a generation Hasbro wants to forget, sort of.
So, they bring something that somewhat resembles G1; bigger bodies and stuff, but with more "animesque" eyes.
This is a success; also because they have so much variation (though G2 does have more variation than people give it credit for).
Hasbro then decides that to save money, they will make smaller, more "chibi-fied" ponies and only release seven characters over and over in different ways (like Barbie).
When this is a huge flop, they tone down the chibi-features but still keeps the size with a more sleek and easy-going design. This, combined with a good and well-marketed tv-show, makes them a success.
However, I think the end of the G4 line will be because of Hasbro's "let's release the same main six over and over with the occaisional princess thrown in!"

So I think G5 will be one of these:
1. Big eyed, big headed small ponies, because this tends to be the trend with many girl's toys nowadays and have also been Hasbro's direction the last few years.
2. They try to go back to bigger ponies alike to G1 and G3, but probably not with the same variety.
3. More realistic ponies resembling actual horses (which I really hope doesn't happen)

Most likely it will have a TV show, because that's how many toys are marketed right now (but then again, we are talking about the future, so you never know :P )

Analyzation and logic aside, here's my ultimate fantasy:
Hasbro will bring back G2. And it will be awesome.
But it will not happen. And for that I am sad.
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal