collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interest in a Washington state meet?  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
Re: Interest in a Washington state meet?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 09:00:41 AM »
Gah, some of my family lives up there, and I'm tempted to move there myself. At least I might have more pony friends that way :'( (no one down here -.-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »
We could do it at my house- we have lots of space.  I usually host a SSC fan group- and have noticed that brunch seems to work best for people (cheaper - people who want to leave early can)

Everyone could bring their trades, show and tells-  we could even work on some customizing at the kitchen table :D

Another fun-ish activity is a trip to the "Bins" - that is the Goodwill Outlet that sells stuff at .49 cents a pound.  They almost always have quite a few ponies that need rescuing, and it is only a 1/2 mile from my house.   I found some awesome Jem stuff last time...

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »
Gah, some of my family lives up there, and I'm tempted to move there myself. At least I might have more pony friends that way :'( (no one down here -.-)

You should move here for sure! :)

GalacticPony - It's so kind of you to offer to host!  That sounds like so much fun!  Brunch is a great idea and will give people plenty of travel time when they need to leave.

I'm available in mid- and late-September.  October would be a really hard month for me (it's crazily busy at the farm then), but I'd also be available all of November and in the first part of December.  Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays work best for me.

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »

You should move here for sure! :)

I do miss the mountain  :cloud: :sad:

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 11:15:10 PM »
Do we have someplace we can do the meet? I can offer my backyard if it's nice. My house is pretty small though, so we probably wouldn't be able to use that.

sarafina

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 07:58:33 AM »
GalacticPony offered her house, Katgyrl - your backyard would be perfect, too, though depending on the date there might be potential for being rained out.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 05:42:49 PM »
Not sure about Seattle, I wish someone would host an Oregon one though :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »
September is bad for me work wise- but November would be good!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
Okay- we should definitely have a pony party-

If anyone is interested, why don't you go ahead and send me your email address- I will give you mine and I can start a group so that we can discuss dates?

Once we have a date - we can make more plans!  I have a back yard we can use if it is nice- and we can squeeze into the house if it rains (this is Seattle after all- and it looks like the weather may already be turning on us)

Oh- and I live on North Beacon Hill- about 2 miles south of downtown.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:53:15 AM by Galactica »

sarafina

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »
PM'd you;)  Thanks, Galactica!  I can't wait!

(Yeah, it definitely seems like the weather has turned already...)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2012, 09:22:13 AM »
Well we have four on the planning committee now- any more?  PM me with your email and get added to the list!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
Come on- I KNOW there are way more people from Washington than this!

Oregon is also so close!  And Vancouver!

sarafina

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 09:25:12 AM »
*bump* :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 11:33:23 AM »
Okay- thanks to our steering committee we now can confirm a number of details for the NW Pony Party!  We should probably start a new thread now that we have a date and such?

Here is what I have so far:

DATE: 
November 3, 2012

TIME:
10:30/11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. 

BRING:
* sale/trade ponies
* favorite/unusual/cute ponies for show and tell
* a snack or drink to share

ACTIVITIES PLANNED:
*  FiM marathon (Other possibilities: Classic MLP tales or movies- if someone brings and wants to watch- The Last Unicorn (not MLP but somehow fitting)
*  Show and tell
*  Yard Sale! (Bring your sales and trades)

ACTIVITIES BEING CONSIDERED- Final schedule TBA
*  Ponycrafts (paint your baits or blind bags! or bring/suggest another craft)
*  Board games  (I have apples to apples which is fun- and some older classics- bring your own to share!) - we could play this right in the living room in front of the cartoons :D

*  Consider a quick caravan trip to the GoodWill Outlet if anyone is interested (Less than a mile from the Pony Party location)  - it is dirty so this may or may not be a popular activity.  However, Goodwill outlet almost always has ponies to rescue and sells them at .49 cents a lb which is cool.  I will hand out gloves if people want this activity...
* Any more?

Currently- my house on N. Beacon Hill in Seattle- just 2 blocks from the Spokane Street/West Seattle Bridge I5 offramp- also about 2 blocks from Jefferson Park.  A very easy walk from Light Rail (Beacon Hill station)- or you can take the 39 bus (turns into the 33) or the 60.  Don't live along these lines?  Try the metro trip planner:  Your destination is near 15th Ave S. & Hanford. http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U 

Since this is a private residence, I won't post the address publicly- so please message me or Sarafina for the address if you plan to attend! 

PONY EXCLUSIVE!
Our pony exclusive has been ordered! Check out a peak- here: [img2]http://visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  [/img2]

- Isn't she cute?  Supplies are limited but I think I ordered enough for our purpose- and if we run out, I also ordered some of the UK exclusive pony- Holly Blue. 

I'd like to have a contest for her name! 
Since I will supply the pony- we can collect names until October 8th (on a different thread)  I will pick the names suggested by anyone who may or will be attending the Pony Party- and if we don't have enough suggestions or there is a suggestion that is particularly awesome- will grab that name too.  Then we can open a poll for people to vote on their favorite!  The poll can be open for 2 weeks- does that sound good?

IF the winner attends the NW Pony Party- that person will be presented with a pony upon arrival! (Non-attendees are not eligible for a free pony due to limited availability of the pony)

The rest of us can buy the pony at cost-  first come, first serve.
I don't know yet how much the pony will cost per person- since I am waiting on the final fee from Taobao- but I anticipate it will be no more than 10 - 12 tops.  (due to limited availability- you can only buy the pony if you attend)

If we run out of the NW Pony Party exclusive- I also will have limited supplies of the UK PonyCon's Holly Blue.

Thanks to DollDevine.com- we even have a vector image of our exclusive pony already!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal