collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What flaws do you think must be mentioned in an auction?  (Read 5559 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Re: What flaws do you think must be mentioned in an auction?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 05:39:29 AM »
I'd say all flaws as much as possible, I know sometimes it can be hard to spot certain tiny flaws  and say stuff like internal mould as not everyone will open up a ponybut for me if it's anything that you can easily notice with the naked eye it needs to be mentioned. I'm not overly picky but it's good to find out
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 05:48:01 AM »
As a seller I ll admit on ebay I only tend to list one picture but am more than happy to offer more if people ask and I ll always make that offer in the description. Its not that I dont take pics its that I begrudge the ebay fees to include them!

As a buyer or a seller - I would expect to know about marks/stains/regrind/cancer [no matter how minor], tail/mane cuts, scratches to symbols/eyes/blush, tail rust. And I would expect to include any alterations - from a new tail to a couple of plugs replaced on the mane, if the head has been removed, if the symbols/blush had been touched up!

Lol...that makes me sound fussy - but likewise if an auction doesnt have anything listed in the description and I dont ask the seller before bidding/winning then I would have to take the blame if the pony had faults.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 05:52:40 AM »
I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not, but I like to know if the head is factory glued down or not. I buy ponies with loose heads all of the time...but I like to know so I can ask about the inside of the pony to check for rehairing.  I also get frustrated when sellers fail to mention the pony can't stand like it should.  That issue has been so hard for me to fix. Also odors...people fail to mention these ponies smell like mold and sometimes they look wonderful on the outside but are a greenhouse on the inside.  :shocked:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 06:17:23 AM »
I think there should be a picture of the front side and back side of the pony at least. If there are scratches or marks on the ponies' bodies I would like to see a close up of that too.
Descriptions should be broken down by parts and described... Such as: Hair - Dry, but could be fixed with some conditioning, Eyes - Small scratch on NDS, Body - Small caner spot on neck seem Could use a bath, Symbols - Small scratch on DS
You get the idea. I would also like to know if the neck seem has been popped and if the tail washer has been replaced. I also agree with mentioning if the pony can stand or not. One of my favorite ponies has a hard time standing on her own and has to be leaned up against the side of my desk.

Usually I am not too picky about the ponies condition as long as it something I could fix when I got her, but it is still nice to get a good description and pictures so I know what is coming.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 06:22:31 AM »
I would like to know if the pony has been rehaired like with doll hair.  I really don't care if the washer has been replaced or if the tail has been replaced with a tail from another pony.  I expect to know about tail rust, marks that won't come off, symbol & eye rubs, hair cuts, pony cancer, pin dot mold, if the body is hard, etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal