collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93684 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2022, 01:17:29 PM »
Thanks, Ponyfan.  The thing is, if I quit, there is literally nobody willing to step up and do what I do.  The person making life miserable for everyone on staff is the bottom of the totem pole and Kindergarteners can be taught to do his job.  I may have to give the director a "him or me" option because I'm just done.

That's weird about your debit card.  I've never seen that before.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2022, 07:20:01 PM »
I've never seen that happen before either.  I checked the last receipt before today to see if the debit card's been charged that way before and I missed it, but the last time I bought something there it was all charged at once.  The only thing I can think of is that it might be a new policy that went in effect for the holiday shopping season, but still "I have no idea why that happened either" isn't the best thing to tell a customer.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2022, 04:09:46 AM »
I threw out my rubber gloves for washing the dishes as the cuff was coming away, and I thought I had a spare pair as I usually keep quite a few.

... I don't  :pout: Now I have dishes that need done and no way I'm doing it with bare hands!

Also, my scalp has broken out BAD after a couple of months of no trouble  -_-

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2022, 07:11:57 AM »
Pokey and Ponyfan, I'm sorry you are having such hard times at your jobs :( Pokey, I think you should give that ultimatum. You shouldn't have to put up with all that. And you know, if they can't function without you, then that's their problem.

My complaint is my niece. I know she's super stressed out dealing with everything. I KNOW. But, she's blown me off twice now to help with my garbage and take me to the post office. It's important that I get to the PO. I have a swap box and things that have been paid for waiting. I thought I could take an Uber but I don't have the money for it. I got screwed by a bill I thought wasn't going to be charged (Comcast, if you want know. I know, shocking.). And it's only the 13th! I've got like 50 bucks for the rest of the month. I'm going to have to ask my mom if I can use her card to buy some groceries. That's another thing, when DCF closed my food stamps account and I had to renew, they slashed what I was getting from $220 to $76. For the month. With prices the way they are? And I already buy generic, I have for years. I shop at Walmart. I mean, what else can I do?

...I guess I had more than one complaint.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2022, 03:17:32 PM »
Thanks BC.

Today has been a horrible day. :(  My mom and I have gotten it to it several times today.  I have travel anxiety.  I get really nervous about trips because I'm worried about getting into wrecks and

Spoiler
dying

Once we actually get started going somewhere I usually do a little better until it's time to leave.  Getting caught in the hailstorm didn't help matters. Long story short we were supposed to go out of town today, but a big snowstorm came and hovered right over where we were headed.  My mom decided not to go today because of the storm, and she keeps making comments like "you didn't want to go anyway." That's true to a point, but it was mostly because of my travel anxiety, which is something I can't control.  It hurts a little because even though my travel anxiety was going up, I rearranged everything to make it possible for us to go together.  At one point this morning I even told my mom that she and my dad could go ahead with the plans we'd made despite the snowstorm and I'd stay behind.

I'd thought we'd made up and even told my mom something that I thought would make her happy.  When I tried talking to her about it again, she got annoyed at me again. :(

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2022, 05:19:49 AM »
Was my post deleted? I swear I posted in here last night :what:

Anyway, my head is killing me! It's a side effect from a shot I got at the doctor. Nothing is making it go away. It's been hurting since 9pm last night. Plus, my stomach is upset which is probably another side effect.

My niece is supposed to take me to the PO today. We'll see if she blows me off again.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2022, 06:29:06 AM »
I had a bit of a scare last night.  My mom was driving, and she was a little too far over from where she should have been. I thought she would just move over a bit, but she started heading right for the concrete divider.  I screamed at her to stop because she was inches away from it. She didn't hit it and was able to pull the car in to the right lane. She said "I thought I was in the right lane," but obviously she wasn't or she wouldn't have been heading for the concrete divider.

My CPAP machine was voluntarily recalled by the company because some of the machines had problems with the foam on the inside disintegrating.  They keep sending me messages now that I will not get a new machine until I send the company the settings from the recalled one.  The messages keep saying that it's easy, but I have a feeling it's going to be more complicated that what the company is making it out to be.

Ponyfan

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2022, 05:19:50 PM »
@ponyfan that sounds really scary

i have to work late today. thanksgiving break can't come soon enough.

i'm sad that Twitter might be going away. i know a lot of people hate Twitter but it's been a really good resource for tech stuff. i guess i'll have to learn to use that mastadon thing.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2022, 07:53:10 AM »
I was always telling my dad he was going to hit something when he was still driving. I'm glad he stopped. That does sound scary, Ponyfan.

I'm complaining about the weather. It's too cold. I like the cold, but my idea of "cold" is like 70. It's only 59 right now. My fingers want to retreat into my sleeves. It's made Aster extra frisky though. She has all these toys around but she was playing with a basil leaf earlier.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 20, 2022, 01:40:02 AM »
One of my “exes”/former friend (long story there) just texted me out of the blue after TWO YEARS of no contact. We had a small conversation and he texted after me that I’m not as “fun” as I was when we hung out years ago. UH OKAY. First of all it’s been two flipping years since we talked, probably closer to four since we hung out so my life isn’t the same at all! Secondly, how on earth do you even gauge that from a quick text conversation?? Lastly, if you think I’m boring fine, but why do you need to say it? Just stop texting me then.

He’s such a jerk. I should have probably just ignored his message but I wanted to be friendly. In some ways it’s validated my feeling about him though. I often wondered if I was responsible for kind of pushing his buttons when we were together, but this whole interaction reminded me that he just does say really mean things unprompted.

I probably won’t even respond. Like what do you even say to that anyway?

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #220 on: November 20, 2022, 11:33:57 AM »
@Minty_Magic what a butthead! you don't need that nonsense

this is the only time of the year i really miss having a home with a fireplace and mantle. i don't like to use the fireplace but decorating the mantle area and hanging stockings is fun. also i swear my mom gave me my stocking from when i was a kid but i may have left it when we moved from Houston. it's not with any of the christmas stuff.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #221 on: November 20, 2022, 01:56:35 PM »
It's toooooo cooooold  :brr:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2022, 04:28:27 PM »
Thanks everyone.  :hug:  It was a little scary. 

My complaint is long today.

My has been sick since last night.  Whenever she's really sick, my dad becomes so focused on her that I'm basically pushed even more to the side. I'm not saying that I'm the most important member of the family, but I don't like being treated like an afterthought. :(  For example when I got home today I expected that my dad would have lunch ready.  I turned on one of the lights in the kitchen assuming we would eat since it was lunch time.  When I came back in the kitchen minutes later, my dad had turned the light off.  When I said that I thought we'd be eating lunch he said "Oh, you want to eat?" like he hadn't even thought about that before I mentioned it.

I really wanted to work on my diamond painting today and was just about to get it out.  My mom got up and decided she wanted to watch Disney + Since I have to use my phone with the app on the TV I didn't get to diamond paint.  I tried to tell my mom that I really wanted to paint instead and she said "I can go back to bed if you want."  This is after she told me last week that "no one ever does what she wants to do."  I know I'm being a little petty, but I get so tired of having to put off what I want because my parents want to do something else. 

I really want to watch a certain movie, but I have to wait until my parents go to bed tonight because neither one of them like it. :(  I tried to talk to my mom about that too once and her response was "you get to pick a movie we all watch together once every 3 weeks."   :argh: :argh: :argh:

The cable has been messed up all day.  At first some of the channels were still watchable, but now none of them are working. 

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2022, 05:43:23 AM »
Sorry, Ponyfan :( I know exactly what that feels like :( :hug: Can you get a TV for your bedroom?

--

It's warmer today but because it rained all day yesterday that just equates to humidity. My clothes feel moist :pout:

I'm worried Aster isn't eating enough. Each day I give her a 3oz can of food. She never finishes it. In fact, I end up putting most of it in the garbage disposal. I have always free fed dry food, and she eats that. I'm concerned she's eating too much of the dry when I'd rather her eat the wet food. Then I started giving her treats after breakfast, so now she thinks she can have treats FOR breakfast. I tell her, she needs to eat some food first, and I don't give her any until she does. She's not thin, I think her weight is probably average. I'm thinking of picking up the dry food before going to bed, so she can't eat it in the night and not putting it back until after she eats some wet breakfast. Then she can nom throughout the day on either.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2022, 03:52:07 PM »
Maybe she isn't used to wet food or prefers the dry stuff.  What if you only put out half a can instead of a whole one to see if she eats it all?  Then you don't have to throw out half of it.  You can save the other half for later.

My complaint is that my brother (and maybe his most recent...baby mama for lack of nicer/more accurate term) is moving back home because he was (yet again) evicted (surprise surprise).  My parents don't know what to do with him.  I bought a lock for my door today because I don't want him pawning off my dvds, cds, video games, video game consoles, and laptop for drug money.  My dad even said that as long as he was here they wouldn't be going to see any of my niblings sporting events in Wyoming because they can't trust him here and if they take him he'll just make the trip miserable.  My parents actually agreed to make him sleep downstairs after I complained about having to clean the toilet every time I need to use it because he literally pees all over it, so at least there's that. 
I love my brother but I do not trust him.   :sad:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal