collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2 Grails, 2 Nirvana's (?) and some other pony luck :).. *pic heavy*  (Read 1337 times)

Lindsay1988

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 2 Grails, 2 Nirvana's (?) and some other pony luck :).. *pic heavy*
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 06:50:22 AM »
Thank you! The pink is indeed very pink, which adds to an already really nice pony.. The funny thing was I didn't know that when you turn her head, her tail gets shorter, so I was thinking "Why is her head so loose"? And  :shocked: the tail was gone.. LOL had to google it to find out that I just had to pull to get it back.. I do think she had a tail cut though!

I still need to buy some curlers to do the pony's hair, will the waves (wild flower) come out if you leave it over night?

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 11:26:18 AM »
Congrats!  I just love Princess Tiffany, she's a childhood favorite of mine!  You sure did get some beauties, enjoy!!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 10:01:36 AM »
Congrats, lovely new additions.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 11:37:52 PM »
Thank you! The pink is indeed very pink, which adds to an already really nice pony.. The funny thing was I didn't know that when you turn her head, her tail gets shorter, so I was thinking "Why is her head so loose"? And  :shocked: the tail was gone.. LOL had to google it to find out that I just had to pull to get it back.. I do think she had a tail cut though!

I still need to buy some curlers to do the pony's hair, will the waves (wild flower) come out if you leave it over night?

:biggrin: Yes, those brush n grow girls could surprise you if you didn't know what to expect. Even thought I knew what they were in principle I was still a bit worried about pulling the tail out because it seems to grind against the mechanism. Personally I've never taken them apart so I don't know exactly how they work. Must be some sort of ratchet with a weak stay that just gives if you pull against it. I read that sadly the mechanism often wears our or rusts causing problems. There is a tutorial on MLP preservation project to remove the head and repair them but it looked so complicated I decided I'd never collect them as too much hassle if they go wrong. So I felt doubly lucky to get a minty one that still works!  :satisfied:

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Primaltimediamond

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2013, 10:29:48 AM »
wooow x3 those look amazing<3 love the mane and tail on your forget me not, mine's sadly a tangled nearly unbrusheble mess :c  I washed it a dozen of times, sadly it doesn't help much but she'll smell nice for a bit least XD love your tiffany too, pricess ponies are the best<3

Lindsay1988

Re: 2 Grails, 2 Nirvana\\\'s (?) and some other pony luck :).. *pic heavy*
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 06:50:34 PM »
Thank you for the lovely messages :) I'm still in love with the beauties :)

Post Merge: December 04, 2013, 06:53:23 PM

:biggrin: Yes, those brush n grow girls could surprise you if you didn't know what to expect. Even thought I knew what they were in principle I was still a bit worried about pulling the tail out because it seems to grind against the mechanism. Personally I've never taken them apart so I don't know exactly how they work. Must be some sort of ratchet with a weak stay that just gives if you pull against it. I read that sadly the mechanism often wears our or rusts causing problems. There is a tutorial on MLP preservation project to remove the head and repair them but it looked so complicated I decided I'd never collect them as too much hassle if they go wrong. So I felt doubly lucky to get a minty one that still works!  :satisfied:

I can understand that, I'm not to keen on opening up my ponies this early on into collecting them, and certainly not one with a mechanism in it. I'll give that a try when I'm a bit more confident lol :p. And she's just to beautiful to let anything go wrong with opening her up..
Do you also have  braided beauty or another one?   :biggrin:

Post Merge: December 04, 2013, 06:55:03 PM

wooow x3 those look amazing<3 love the mane and tail on your forget me not, mine's sadly a tangled nearly unbrusheble mess :c  I washed it a dozen of times, sadly it doesn't help much but she'll smell nice for a bit least XD love your tiffany too, pricess ponies are the best<3

Thank you! Her hair was also quite tangled, but I managed to brush it out en wash it, afterwards it looked like this, so you can understand that I left it that way lol :p.. I love my first flutter, she's awesome! Hope to get more in the future, cause I remember watching the MLP movie when I was younger and adoring the flutter ponies especially rosedust and morning glory!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:55:03 PM by Lindsay1988 »

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 07:39:33 PM »
very nice, I reckon that Gusty will clean up just lovely x great ponies
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »
Beautiful new group of ponies!! They are all so pretty! Congrats :biggrin:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Lindsay1988

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 06:51:17 AM »
Thank you both very much!! And some of them smell so nice! Sometimes I sit behind my laptop and I will smell a hint of lovely pony smell lol :p

Offline Primaltimediamond

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Grails, 2 Nirvana\\\'s (?) and some other pony luck :).. *pic heavy*
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 04:26:56 AM »

Post Merge: December 04, 2013, 06:55:03 PM

Thank you! Her hair was also quite tangled, but I managed to brush it out en wash it, afterwards it looked like this, so you can understand that I left it that way lol :p.. I love my first flutter, she's awesome! Hope to get more in the future, cause I remember watching the MLP movie when I was younger and adoring the flutter ponies especially rosedust and morning glory!  :biggrin:
[/quote]

aaah, yeah that's logical, hey Forget me not is my first flutter too :D haha I adored them too, watched the movie yesterday again, aah what a blast that was ^^ Rosedust is my favourite flutter pony as well, she's just amazing ( well they all are) <3 Do you have a dream pony you'd like to have in your collection?

Lindsay1988

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 06:51:59 AM »
I just love that movie don't you? Rosedust is indeed the most prettiest one of them :)!! I only have the movie on VCR and no player at the moment :( otherwise I would be very tempted to watch it right now lol :p.

Yes I do have a dream pony, or actually three of them: Baby, mommy and daddy Meadowsweet :p I love love love those colors!
What is your dream pony? :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal