collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: so we are leaving the EU ......  (Read 5155 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: so we are leaving the EU ......
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 08:43:27 AM »
I'm upset, shocked and stunned.

I no longer feel we are the United Kingdom, I feel we are now more divided than ever.

The thought of Boris Johnston as Prime Minister fills me with horror -_-

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

NoelVS

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 10:03:37 AM »
I hope everything is fine for all of us. I'm spanish but I love UK so much. They deserve the best

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 10:06:03 AM »
He may be fine if sponsored by a company, but who knows.  I'm sorry this is affecting you so directly and I hope it all works out for the best.

Yeah I hope so :(

You took the words right out of my mouth. :(

:sad:

Just been having a look at the stat's.... so by the looks of it the older generations (45yrs+ according to bbc stats) royally screwed us younger generations over  :sad: ..... I guess the 'Taking Care of the Younger Generations' went straight out the window!  :yikes: :cloud:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

Guess we shall have to see what happens over the next few years.... maybe I'll just have to pack my bag (& our business) & head to Sweden  :lol:
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 10:09:10 AM »
Im at a loss of words right now

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 10:44:19 AM »
This feels like something from that TV show where there is this gang who goes from one alternate universe to another to fix things.

I know nothing about the economical/political state of Britain and the surroundings so I can't really comment on the situation.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:46:27 AM by Lore-Lei »

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 11:21:34 AM »
This feels like something from that TV show where there is this gang who goes from one alternate universe to another to fix things."

sliders /quantum leap :D

well apparently it will take at least 2 years to sort everything out and get the "divorce papers " sorted i am quite sad it turned out this way but we will have to wait and see how it works out  :/  i guess
saw this on FB
https://www.facebook.com/Spottedonthetrain/photos/a.446139678791953.101573.446108865461701/1114336785305569/?type=3
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:24:13 AM by Aflame »

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 11:42:01 AM »
sliders /quantum leap :D
Yes! Wow do I feel dumb now for not remembering its name. Thank you.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 11:52:30 AM »
He may be fine if sponsored by a company, but who knows.  I'm sorry this is affecting you so directly and I hope it all works out for the best.

Yeah I hope so :(

You took the words right out of my mouth. :(

:sad:

Just been having a look at the stat's.... so by the looks of it the older generations (45yrs+ according to bbc stats) royally screwed us younger generations over  :sad: ..... I guess the 'Taking Care of the Younger Generations' went straight out the window!  :yikes: :cloud:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

Guess we shall have to see what happens over the next few years.... maybe I'll just have to pack my bag (& our business) & head to Sweden  :lol:

When Ted Heath agreed to join the EU, the people of Britain thought that we were only signing up to a Common Market.  Through 'Freedom of Information' requests it has emerged that it was never intended to stop there.  Tabloid newspapers have been talking about this recently (Daily Mail) and this older generation feel they were cheated into joining Europe in the first place.  That generation have been very good at pulling up the ladder, so I'm not defending them in any way, just trying to explain it.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 12:45:24 PM »
I hope everything turns out okay- I am worried for my UK friends although I truly do not know enough and am trying to figure it out. 

Seems like most of the younger people wanted to stay and are now worried about how they will proceed with their lives.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 12:47:50 PM »
Well, this petition just swooped by on my fashbook dash:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 02:48:06 PM »
Quote from: Galactica link=topic=380079
Seems like most of the younger people wanted to stay and are now worried about how they will proceed with their lives.

^This. And thank you!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 05:49:17 PM »
Hmmmmmm so it seems rather interesting that there was a 73% voter turnout or something like that.  And the majority was quite grand, like 60 Brexit / 40 Remain? 

At least the UK is still a country where one can have a democratic election about the matter.... so many countries' citizens have had that right taken away or interfered with!  :(

And now let's hope that the country can get along with actually achieving all the results that it talked about while campaigning for this vote! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 12:14:41 AM »
Hmmmmmm so it seems rather interesting that there was a 73% voter turnout or something like that.  And the majority was quite grand, like 60 Brexit / 40 Remain? 

At least the UK is still a country where one can have a democratic election about the matter.... so many countries' citizens have had that right taken away or interfered with!  :(

And now let's hope that the country can get along with actually achieving all the results that it talked about while campaigning for this vote! 

Actually, the majority was quite slim, 52% vs 48%. That's why some people are calling for a second referendum to get a clearer majority. Scotland and London, who both had large majorities in favour of remain (Scotland: 62%, London: 59.9%), are also in discussion on how to continue.

As for achieving the results that were promised... ain't gonna happen. What a lot of voters didn't understand is that this is not like a general election, when you vote for your party, and if it gets elected, you can hold them accountable for what they promised in their campaign. Grand promises were made mostly by people who're in no position to follow through with them.

And already, they're back-tracking. One of the big claims of the leave campaign was that the UK is sending 350m to the EU (a figure that was disproved almost immediately, but they just went on saying it), and if they left, they could use that money on the National Health System instead. When asked about it yesterday, Nigel Farage, Leader of UKIP, said that they were not going to put that money into the NHS after all. Which was to be expected, seeing as that amount was never correct in the first place, but it was interesting to see how quickly they're taking back their promises. The people who voted for them are going to be very disappointed.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 02:52:05 AM »
i hate ukip nigel firage looks like a frog !

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 09:39:17 AM »
Ugh, politics make me want to bang my head into a wall.  I hope everyone in Europe isn't too badly impacted by this, it already sounds like the consequences have been huge though.  I have to admit, the huge wave of xenophobia that seems to be taking center stage in US and European politics recently terrifies me.  I feel like a paradigm shift is coming and it is NOT going to be pretty.  Hang in there everyone.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal