collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 2145 times)

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
9/11
« on: September 11, 2013, 04:07:20 AM »
While ponies are great, don't forget about the people who lost their lives on this day.  :cry: ^.^
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:28:32 AM by okamigirl64 »

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 06:17:13 AM »
Yes, every year on this day I watch a DVD that has French brothers video taping 9/11 which originally was meant as a documentary on being a firefighter.  I do it to keep the memory fresh, sorry it it sounds morbid it isn't meant to be.

I was a senior in high school.  I remember I was in my morning English class and we were doing our weekly reading assignment.  We had to read a book and each week right a paragraph about what we read.  Then, my teacher goes to the door to talk to another teacher and she then turns the TV on and we see one of the towers on fire.  They do recaps and that's pretty much what we do the rest of the class is watch the incident on TV.  The next class is the same thing and eventually we see the second tower collapse.  I think eventually classes start up again but I remember thinking at that point that the world was going to end or something.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 01:39:36 PM by Majesty »

BlondePonyTail

• Trade Count: (0)
9/11 Where were you when you heard?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 06:21:15 AM »
I was a sophomore in High School, and an ex boyfriend stopped me in the hall and said " World War III just started" I scoffed at him and pretty  much thought he was full of crap, until I got to my class where the news was on the TV. We all just sat in our classes all day, watching the news, in stunned, horrified silence...

Where were you, and what were you doing when you heard?

[merging like threads - kkat]
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:37:34 AM by kaoskat »

Sandra

Re: 9/11 Where were you when you heard?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 06:33:51 AM »
I was in my 5th grade classroom. I can still go in there and tell you the exact spot I was sitting in when the principal quietly came in and turned on the television. I think I was a little too young to understand exactly what was going on, but I knew it was absolutely horrific. Nobody spoke a word, we all just sat there staring at the screen. I'll never forget that moment in my life.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 06:46:17 AM »
I was at home and my grandma called and said one of the towers had been hit, it was minutes after it had appeared on the news. I tuned into the CBS broadcast of it and just sat there with tears running down my face thinking OMG was it happening, all of those people, all of the lives that were lost etc... I was dumbfounded and scared and I don't think I moved from couch for at least a good 8hrs straight.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 06:51:40 AM »
Home, waking up and getting ready for classes. I remember thinking it was a movie for a second, because I'd fallen asleep with the TV on. Changed the channel, and it was definitely not a movie.

I was online chatting with someone and watching tv when the 2nd tower fell. Never forget that image.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

BigHicks1977

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 06:51:54 AM »
I was sitting at home watching Imus in the Morning on MSNBC when the news swithched over that a plane had hit the first building I was watching live when the second plane hit........I was in shock and it took me a few minutes to even realize we were under attack....I had gotten out of the ARMY about a year before this happened and I was so upset and angry I called my old unit and asked if I could help..........I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT DAY

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 07:06:16 AM »
I just came home from school. My mother was watching it on the news and I actually thought it was a commercial for a video game. I remember thinking how disrespectful it was that they did something like that in a commercial, until my mother told me it was real.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 07:12:39 AM »
I don't remember much unfortunately. My memory is the worst. :( All I really remember is walking into my classroom in 6th grade and seeing the teacher watching the TV. I had no idea what was going on 'til I walked into the classroom because I took the bus to school. I couldn't really comprehend what was going on, but I knew it was very tragic.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 07:12:55 AM »
I was also in high school when I happened. I was walking the hall way when I saw one the rooms had a tv on. I stopped and looked at the tv. That was just a few minutes before the second plane hit the other tower.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 07:26:55 AM »
I was in college then. I had just gotten up to get ready for my classes that day. My mom had already been up for a while and had seen the news. She met me in the kitchen and told me what was going on. I watched the news as much as I could before I had to leave for class.

I had two classes that day. First was my creative writing class. (What a semester to take creative writing!!!) We didn't do any work that day. We just sat around talking about the news. My other class was a math class. In that class not a word was said about what was going on in the outside world. It was really hard to focus on my work that day.

sailorstitch

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 07:32:10 AM »
Very sad sad day. I am one lucky person to say that I got to see them two towers just a few months before this happen. I was there during the 4th of July. We went up to the top of one of them. On the very top was the look out. There was a gift shop there and a restaurant there. I was so scared that I would not look of the edge for very long. I cant and will never know what them people were going threw. All I know is that I was scared out of my mind then and nothing was going on.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 07:34:42 AM »
That was a very sad day, I will never forget it when I saw it on the TV at High school. I got to see the towers 2 months before this happened. I cant even think what them people were going threw and how they felt before it all ended. Very very sad :(

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 07:36:06 AM »
At home watching a movie.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 07:57:18 AM »
My mom, brother and I were in the car on the way home from the vet & we heard it on the radio. We had just dropped our dog off to have surgery to get his tail cut off. To be honest, the words weren't registering because I was so worried about whether Buddie would wake up from the anesthetic & make it through the surgery. My mom offered to let us stay home, but I went to school anyway. I needed to get my mind off my dog. We watched tv at school that whole day, and I felt selfish for worrying about Buddie when I realized how many lives were lost.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal