collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collector’s Guilt?  (Read 4702 times)

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
Re: Collector’s Guilt?
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2024, 09:40:14 AM »
Like in a way people who collect vintage are actually helping the earth I do think we should talk about helping reduce trash but I notice people only say this about the common person and not the people that own yachts, private jets, the companies that intentionally make items that should be reusable into items that break. Honestly the people who say concerns about consumerism are the ones I would love to talk to because it is an interesting discussion. The people that say your to old are just not worth discussing it with because things people should grow out of are selfishness, cattiness and aggression not harmless hobbies.
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline SoSoftPony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
  • Pony-Brained Porum Peruser
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2024, 12:24:47 AM »
I agree with everyone here! So, to avoid rehashing all the previous arguments, something I noticed wasn't mentioned before was the fact that some people complain that "we're taking toys away from children". Well, who's to say that I don't play with the ponies the way a kid would?  :lol: Kids really get bored of toys so fast nowadays! I play with my ponies, redoing their hair, moving them around and putting them places, having them talk and interact with each other, taking pictures of them, making them things. So these toys are being played with the way those people would want... just by someone a bit older. We all deserve to have fun and get in touch with that child-like fun and wonder, no matter our age! That's my motto  :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 08:17:41 AM by SoSoftPony »

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2024, 02:28:56 PM »
The only collector guilt I have is realizing I should have bought more ponies back in the 80's.

Random strangers opinions on my collecting habits count for ZERO on making me feel any emotions other than contempt and disinterest.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal