collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Hasbro blind bag figures? (Granny Smith, Gilda the Griffin, Wonderbolts)  (Read 30364 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Wasn't there a mini figure set mentioned in one of the press releases about the upcoming MLP toys that no one could figure out what they were? I mean, I guess some thought they were talking about the blind bags, but I think some of these may be from the set mentioned.

I wonder if the G3 remakes will be in wave 6 of the blind bags, or if they'll be in another set similar to the TRU one we already had, or the one that's coming up that had wave 1 and 2 ponies mixed with accessories?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 05:20:43 PM by ShortyBoo »

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Wasn't there a mini figure set mentioned in one of the press releases about the upcoming MLP toys that no one could figure out what they were? I mean, I guess some thought they were talking about the blind bags, but I think some of these may be from the set mentioned.

I wonder if the G3 remakes will be in wave 6 of the blind bags, or if they'll be in another set similar to the TRU one we already had, or the one that's coming up that had wave 1 and 2 ponies mixed with accessories?

Oh, I remember that, too!  They were like assorted mini MLP figures or something and they didn't correlate to anything currently on the market.  I don't recall the specifics though.

I usually dislike full plastic posed ponies, but color me intrigued for these ones.  I really want that Granny Smith!  And Waterfire's a unicorn now?  Cool!  :)  *Do want.*

Why is Hasbro taking so long to actually release anything new?
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

Oh you're right! I had forgotten that (probably because yeah I think we figured it was those packs of kiosk/blind bag ponies.)
It was mentioned at the bottom of the page here
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=311&itemid=18326

I would be so awesome if these were what they meant!  :whoa:

Gosh I feel like there is so much we have seen either at toy fair or on taobao or ebay that hasn't been released yet. It's already May! I wonder when were gonna start seeing this stuff in stores! I'm deathly afraid they are going to start skipping blind bag waves in the US just to catch up :(

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:23:32 PM by 3377345 »

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
I want to believe these are real but if so, why hasn't there been any news about them beforehand?

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
OMG NEEDWANTNEED

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
I dunno...I'm very skeptical about these being legit as awesome looking as they are.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

sunyshore

they should be legit, folks. they fit perfectly with the set others have pointed out:

"MY LITTLE PONY MINIATURE COLLECTION
(HASBRO/Ages 3 & up/Approx. Retail Price $7.99/Available: Fall 12)
Add a little bit of MY LITTLE PONY magic to your day with the new MINIATURE COLLECTION! Girls can collect all of the unique, beloved characters from the “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic” television series. Each assortment sold separately. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and on HasbroToyShop.com. "

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Well I'm going with customs... for starters.. they are already going with a Princess Cadence BB in wave 5. They have been typically following the same mold pattern with many of the ponies except for the 3 princess ponies. Now it -is- possible they will be doing more molded ponies like the first G4 set. I really -don't- think hasbro is going to make molds for some of these because they will likely not use them again
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
they should be legit, folks. they fit perfectly with the set others have pointed out:

Add a little bit of MY LITTLE PONY magic to your day with the new MINIATURE COLLECTION! Girls can collect all of the unique, beloved characters from the “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic” television series. Each assortment sold separately. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and on HasbroToyShop.com. "
Yes yes yess! That fits perfectly! I'm so excited that they're new things!

These are not sculpted customs, as you can clearly see the mold lines on some of them and the eyes/ cutie marks are clearly stamped not hand painted. No one would go through the arduous amount of tiny detail on a symbol then slop paint all over cadences horn and let them get all scuffed/dirty.

The fact that the seller also has many legitimate pony items and unreleased blind bags on there suggests to me that these are very much legit (though the seller seems to think everything is a blind bag pony from the g1 fakie to the g3 regular ponies lol)

Edit: I would also peg them at blind bag size, since if you inspect the horizon, the same amount of camera blur occurs as with the regular blind bags. In pictures of the regular G3S etc, the horizon line is sharp since they needed to zoom in much less. Yay for optics XD
Edit edit: The seller also says they are about 2-3 in, which she also states about the regular G4 Blind bags. She has a regular G3 listed at 6 in, so obviously her measurements are a little off but you get the idea.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:01:06 PM by Rhini »

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
So cute! Customs or not they are adorable. The Shining Armor leaves me to believe real based on his strange pose. :P Either way I would love a Candance.
~Foxtale~

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Wow! I think these are real. They have mold lines on them!  (And some poor attention to detail, making them look a little reject-y)

The blind bags are coming out so fast it is hard to keep up!

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH SEASCAPE!!!!!!!

I hope this is true!!! It may mean we will get a Seascape brushable!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
There are 18 new characters here...plus the "original 6" as per the norm...and you are up to 24 of a blind bag wave...I am going to stick with my BB W6 theory lol until proven wrong...I ll be happy either way...I just want a Granny Smith!  :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

:S
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!

:S

Please.
Ponies are, and have always been, marketed toward young girls. Let's not have a genus discussion is this thread.

It'd be awesome if these were real! I want a granny smith :3

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal