collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NEW My Little Pony Funko Hikari Rainbow Dash 8 new figures  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
NEW My Little Pony Funko Hikari Rainbow Dash 8 new figures
« on: February 15, 2015, 09:50:40 PM »
Check out these new Hikari figures from Funko!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Very awesome variants and pose, however these tend to not be cheap! (photos from Dragonflydesignsct, pop vinyls and flicker.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:18:34 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Truly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NEW My Little Pony Funko Hikari Rainbow Dash 8 new figures
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 06:14:11 AM »
I need at least one of those rainbow gradient ones! My favourite is the second last one, but wow they're all so beautiful!!

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 06:36:47 AM »
Oh wow these are gorgeous!!!

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 06:46:44 AM »
Thankfully I'll just want the normal one.  Although the first one isn't too bad.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 07:14:05 AM »
I need all of them. Already setting aside $500 for 'em.  :lol:

I wonder how big they are?  The Hikari figures can either be big and pricey (my Stay Puft retails for $80 and is pretty big) or small and not-so-expensive (I always see TMNT ones that are smaller than my Stay Puft for $40 at Barnes & Noble).

Oh, and to the inevitable “Why only Rainbow Dash?"... Funko will likely get to other ponies after they see how well these do. They're expensive, limited, and NOT the same as the vinyls!  So it'd be a huge waste to make multiple characters before they even know if these will sell.

The fact that MLP is getting Hikari before other popular franchises does show me that they have some faith, though!  :happy:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 07:55:15 AM »
Those are neat but i can't imagine getting more than one. A bunch of re-colors look kinda boring on display to me. ^^;

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 09:26:57 AM »
Since they have to do an exclusive mold for her, it makes sense that they're using the mold to the max.

The mold is cool and these are really beautiful. The rainbow gradients especially.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 10:25:12 AM »
Just looked up how expensive these are here. Yikes. Is the quality on these at least better than their other figures? If they make a Twilight Sparkle or one of the other princesses I may well be tempted, though that's usually the amount I'd be spending on a top-end Japanese figure before postage...hm.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 10:45:21 AM »
Just looked up how expensive these are here. Yikes. Is the quality on these at least better than their other figures? If they make a Twilight Sparkle or one of the other princesses I may well be tempted, though that's usually the amount I'd be spending on a top-end Japanese figure before postage...hm.

I'm not sure if there are other Hikari collectors here who can vouch for them, but I've just gotten into them and the quality is amazing. I think because these are so limited, my Stay Puft was limited to 500 pieces, that they take the time to make sure each one has very few flaws.  Like I said in my previous post, these are definitely not the same as the vinyls and are totally worth it.

Then again, I don't know how much these would be in your country after shipping. $80 is the most expensive I've seen, with $35-$40 being on the lower end for the smaller ones. I think it also depends on how limited they are, since those numbers are different between figures. I've seen others with 1000, 2500, 5000, etc.

They give you a small authenticity card along with which number yours is out of the entire run. These are definitely collectors items.
Instagram / Want List

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 10:59:16 AM »
I'm not sure if there are other Hikari collectors here who can vouch for them, but I've just gotten into them and the quality is amazing. I think because these are so limited, my Stay Puft was limited to 500 pieces, that they take the time to make sure each one has very few flaws.  Like I said in my previous post, these are definitely not the same as the vinyls and are totally worth it.

Then again, I don't know how much these would be in your country after shipping. $80 is the most expensive I've seen, with $35-$40 being on the lower end for the smaller ones. I think it also depends on how limited they are, since those numbers are different between figures. I've seen others with 1000, 2500, 5000, etc.

They give you a small authenticity card along with which number yours is out of the entire run. These are definitely collectors items.

The metallic TMNT ones are £50 (about $80) before postage at ForbiddenPlanet here, Groot is £65, and I found a 1500-piece Stay-Puft for £55 before postage, so possibly hovering around that? These were the only ones I could find, so it's probably not a good example.

I was just wary because of how poor the quality on their other figures can be  :lol: I'd certainly be unhappy to spend that amount and get something with sloppy painting. The level of detail isn't on par with the Japanese figures I collect, but if they released a semi-translucent glittery Twilight in a dynamic pose, I may well be very tempted (it'll be interesting to see which of these designs are more limited and which are more easily available).
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

AppleDash1

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 11:24:42 AM »
I have never purchased a Hikari but all the ones I have seen in the store look to be excellent quality. The price depends on how many are made of each variant so it should be interesting to see which one is going to be the most rare. I probably won't be buying any of these but if they make Fluttershy or Applejack I just might. I quite like #1, 4, 5, and 8.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »
I really like these......just not the prices....
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Summer-blade

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 11:41:42 AM »
nice! love the pose and the colors, too bad they're sooooo costly. Well doesn't cost me anything to admire the pictures

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 11:48:28 AM »
FINALLY Pony Hikari figures! These look great!!!

I think Gemini collectibles has more average prices- http://www.geminicollectibles.net/funko-hikari/  but no they are not cheap. THey look great though and the quality is definitely better for the Hikari figures since they are made to be collectibles.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:50:51 AM by Galactica »

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 11:48:55 AM »
I love these! Better start saving :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal