collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 ponies in MLP Micro Series #8!  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Re: G1 ponies in MLP Micro Series #8!
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 07:42:08 PM »
Wow, Harry Potter is strong with this one. Snape and Trelawney are totally hanging out together in a few panels. :P

I caught on to most of the G1 goodies the first time around; I'll have to read it again to catch all the other fun references!

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 03:14:58 AM »
By the way who's the purple unicorn with dark hair? She would make a great custom named Black Magic. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline KermitGreen82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • JennyLou Creations - My Etsy Shop
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2013, 05:36:01 AM »
Ooooo are there stores that sell these? I don't know anything about the comics except some have been available at Hot Topic. I need to get one for a gift. She is a big pony & Sailor Moon fan!
Looking for a dress for a talking Rainbow Brite doll from the 80\'s (around 18\") in good condition with decal.

Visit my Etsy shop! Jenny Lou Creations https://www.etsy.com/shop/JennyLouCreations?ref=si_shop

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 09:00:56 AM »
Ooooo are there stores that sell these? I don't know anything about the comics except some have been available at Hot Topic. I need to get one for a gift. She is a big pony & Sailor Moon fan!

I just get them at my local comic shop, if you have any of those nearby. Bookstores that carry comics might have them?
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

diamondshy

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »

I just get them at my local comic shop, if you have any of those nearby. Bookstores that carry comics might have them?

I don't think my Barnes and Noble has them.  Other locations might, but pretty sure mine mostly has superhero comics.  Hastings used to have them since they had their own special covers for a while, but since they've been shutting stores down like crazy, I don't really know.  And as far as I know, Hot Topic only carries the main series editions and not the micro series.  Local comic stores are probably your best bet.   :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2013, 01:57:52 PM »
How cute! I will have to pick up this issue! :D Loving Gusty ^.^

Post Merge: September 13, 2013, 01:59:08 PM

Can anyone scan the Harry Potter parts for me? Pretty Please? :flirty:
My Wish List

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 07:39:11 PM »
I adored the Harry Potter and Sailor Moon references, and I knew I couldn't be the only one to get Huey, Dewey and Louie! But what made me laugh myself stupid was Gordon Ramsay.

:hearts: Gordon Bucking Ramsay!!! :hearts:
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

phoenixsoul85

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2013, 07:46:03 PM »
AHHHH!!!!  This is AWESOME!!!  I hope this means they make appearances in the toys and maybe the cartoon.

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
I read it yesterday and it defiantly put a smile on my face to see them again. I would LOVE to to see G1's come out as G4 Brushables.

Oh my gooodness, yes. I wish they would do that! Little kids would like them because they would just be new characters to them, and then we'd get our beloved old ponies in a cute new form. *Crossing my finders*

I have never seen any MLP comics at my comic store... I have found Adventure Time comics, but no MLP... I feel strongly compelled to go to mall to check again. I love comics.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2013, 08:06:54 PM »
Awesome!!!!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 08:35:52 PM »
What does the cover look like? I'm searching on ebay and getting multiple covers :blink:
My Wish List

Offline KermitGreen82

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • JennyLou Creations - My Etsy Shop
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2013, 06:54:14 AM »
Ok great. I am heading up to visit my parents this week and there is a pretty nice comic store there. Since this just came out it is likely they will have it. I have gotten her some Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck and what not there so they should have the pony ones.
Looking for a dress for a talking Rainbow Brite doll from the 80\'s (around 18\") in good condition with decal.

Visit my Etsy shop! Jenny Lou Creations https://www.etsy.com/shop/JennyLouCreations?ref=si_shop

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2013, 10:09:06 AM »

I don't think my Barnes and Noble has them.  Other locations might, but pretty sure mine mostly has superhero comics.  Hastings used to have them since they had their own special covers for a while, but since they've been shutting stores down like crazy, I don't really know.  And as far as I know, Hot Topic only carries the main series editions and not the micro series.  Local comic stores are probably your best bet.   :)

My local Hastings has them but you have to ask- they never put them on the shelf but always have a bunch stashed under the counter, no idea why :/

What does the cover look like? I'm searching on ebay and getting multiple covers :blink:

Each issue has multiple covers- there are normal A and B choices and a third relater incentive (for places that order a bunch) and some different shops get there own exclusive covers as well- the comic inside is the same though. So just pick the one you like :)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2013, 10:31:54 AM »
Whaaat?!

Minty has been in one as well- G1 minty as a boy XD

Wait, what?!

Sounds awesome. I only have one of these comics, but I guess I need to be trying to get the rest of them!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2013, 10:48:38 AM »
I read it yesterday and it defiantly put a smile on my face to see them again. I would LOVE to to see G1's come out as G4 Brushables.

Oh my gooodness, yes. I wish they would do that! Little kids would like them because they would just be new characters to them, and then we'd get our beloved old ponies in a cute new form. *Crossing my finders*

I have never seen any MLP comics at my comic store... I have found Adventure Time comics, but no MLP... I feel strongly compelled to go to mall to check again. I love comics.

Most comic shops would love the business and would special order stuff for you!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal