collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Should I Do?  (Read 4110 times)

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
Re: What Should I Do?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 02:48:09 PM »
I would ask for them back.  If the girl has shown absolutely no interest in them, the mom might actually be happy to be gaining some much needed closet space for things the girl will use.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 03:01:20 PM »
I would definitely ask for them back, especially since the girl didnt even play with them! I would actually be a bit angry about that aswell, if someone gave my little girls something (I have two) and they wouldnt play with it, I would give it back right away! There is always some other child out there who might appreciate it!
So you just go ahead and ask for your ponies back, tell her that your niece is really into ponies and that she has asked about your old collection, that should be enough. Good luck!!  ^.^

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 03:29:17 PM »
I say go for it!  Sure, it's a tad nerve wracking, but you were kind enough to give them to her in the first place I don't really see what the problem would be 'if' they are still in that closet and they have never been appreciated.

I think a lot of people understand that people can have a 'later' appreciation for their childhood toys. You could be totally honest about it from that perspective and advise that's why you want them back - you could even say that you'd like them for your own children one day if you don't want to use the niece story?

Either way, I hope you find the courage, and get a happy result!

thekozmicpig

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 03:40:55 PM »
Go and ask or it will bug you forever.

Oh yes this.

If you don't ask, you will most likely never get them back. If you do ask, you might.

You'll be kicking yourself if your neighbor tells you two weeks from now that she threw them out.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:32:22 PM by thekozmicpig »

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 05:01:56 PM »
I'd ask for them back, At least you could say that you want them for your niece. and give her the ones you already have and get back the ones you don't have. If they don't wanna give them back then what can you do? its worth a try. and if nothing else you tried.
:accomplished:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »
I wouldn't ask for them back.  I know how much you want them but, they were a gift and you never know what really happened to them.   They might be too embarrassed to say.   Kids these days seem to have more toys than what they know what to do with. However, it's sad that you didn't at least get a thank you note.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 05:36:08 PM »
I see nothing wrong with asking for them back. Tell them you are collecting now and if they are no longer wanted, you'd give them a really great home. I see nothing to be embarrassed about. What do you have to lose? :D
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Honey Buzz Oregon

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 07:14:09 PM »
I'd go ask for them back...... Just go knock on the door & say "Hey, remember all those ponies I gave to you for your daughter? Do you happen to still have them? My niece is really into ponies & I would love to be able to pass my ponies on to her, but since I gave them to you I can't really do that. So, I just thought I would see if you still had them & wanted to get rid of them.

What's it going to hurt to try.

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 07:34:36 PM »
I would ask for them back but I would be to shy to knock on the door and be like hey you know those ponies yea can I have them back please? I would invite her over or something like that for coffee since you do know her. And, casually mention the ponies and ask what did her daughter ended up doing with them. And, if she says something like oh they are in storage or whatever just suggest that if you would like to clear up some space for her you can take them back for your little niece or possibly for your future baby :)
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 11:55:50 PM »
Now I know you mentioned not being loaded with cash ... but I'd offer to buy them back. Can't expect getting something for nothing these days. But I'd talk to the girl. If she's fifteen now it is her decision to make and not her mother's. I'd be devestated if my mom had sold my toys behind my back. (Not that she didn't try!)

Seeing as it was a load of ponies, and she probably still have them untouched (meaning she never cared for ponies in the first place and won't miss them), it's only fair that she gets enough to buy herself a new pair of shoes.
But of course one canät be sure if she does care for them or not, or if they're even there. But as someone before me said, do it now before it is too late. Do it before you'll regret it forever. If it comes down to money, maybe you could consider this a gift to yourself? Rebuilding the collection later would probably be more costly.
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Starfall

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 01:17:31 AM »
I'd go ask for them back...... Just go knock on the door & say "Hey, remember all those ponies I gave to you for your daughter? Do you happen to still have them? My niece is really into ponies & I would love to be able to pass my ponies on to her, but since I gave them to you I can't really do that. So, I just thought I would see if you still had them & wanted to get rid of them.

What's it going to hurt to try.

This.

You could always give your niece some doubles or bait, then get your niece to write a thank you cards. Everyone's a winner!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 01:22:19 AM »
If i were you i would ask i gave some ponys away. but after a wile i got them back :P
so now they are wit me again ^^

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 01:56:41 AM »
Do it before you'll regret it forever.

Totally agree with this, just go for it!

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013, 04:15:19 AM »
I say go for it!  Sure, it's a tad nerve wracking, but you were kind enough to give them to her in the first place I don't really see what the problem would be 'if' they are still in that closet and they have never been appreciated.

I think a lot of people understand that people can have a 'later' appreciation for their childhood toys. You could be totally honest about it from that perspective and advise that's why you want them back - you could even say that you'd like them for your own children one day if you don't want to use the niece story?

Either way, I hope you find the courage, and get a happy result!
I would go with this story for sure, if it was me. She probley wouldnt mind giving them back just to make more room for shoes or whatever shes into. Please update us & let us know if you got them back! Abracadrbra (spelling is wrong I bet) Is the one your talking about's name..I think. Im interested to know if they were even open. If they are in the same bags when you gave them to her? If so even better means they will have little chance of being in bad shape! Cheering you on!! Dont feel bad!!  :) :)
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2013, 05:56:17 AM »
I'll definitely let you guys know what happens either way.  They have a lot of people living in their house, or a lot of cars in their driveway with few people.  I'm not brave enough to knock on the door.  I had planned on waiting to see the girl's mother outside and ask.  Do you guys think that if the ponies have been kept in the bags in a closet the entire time, there's a risk for them having mold or mildew or something?  If they've been in the closet during hot summer days I mean.

Someone had mentioned that I should offer to buy them back.  Honestly, I can't.  I was even told not to buy anything for my Father for his birthday and father's day, except cards.  I've been writing out checks for everything since mid October so my checking and savings is very low.  To be honest, I see your point but why should I offer to pay for them when I didn't sell them to my neighbors?  I would hope I wouldn't have to buy back my own ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal