collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sternenstaubs ADVENT CALENDAR SWAP 2012 - A Present A Day - All Boxes Arrived  (Read 39884 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
That's because they have no idea what strain of flu is going to be around from year to year.  They just guess based on what happened last year.  I'm pretty anti the flu shot.  They don't have any long term research about its effects because it's new each year, and I feel it's important to let your own body fight things off year to year.  I think high risk people should get it, and I certainly don't have anything against anyone else getting it, but I don't bother.  Unfortunately it means you get years like this where your family is sick for ages.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Yes I was totally anti flu shot too until we got H1N1 (Confirmed through ER labs). I have never been so ill in all my life and I tell you, I honestly have never had a fever that didn't respond to medication and just went up and up and up and up to the point were I was in danger.  My chest was filling with fluid and I couldn't breathe.  Seriously...this kind of thing could kill a person-and it did kill a few. I will not ever put myself through that ever again. I have had the flu many times but that flu was very very bad.  My husband and I had it at the same time and we could not help each other.  I managed to get my husband to the ER, but I had no ER treatment like he did.   He was better in a week and it took me three months of lung complications before I was okay. I have some memory loss as I don't remember who and if we ever fed the dog.  I guess someone must have but my mind draws a total blank on it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:49:02 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
My mom and I got the H1N1 virus about 3 or 4 years ago. It wasn't 100% confirmed but our doctor was sure that's what it was. We were VERY sick. I had to miss five consecutive days of work. I've never missed that many in a row before. It has us feeling awful for weeks afterwards, especially my mom.

I normally wouldn't even go out of my way to get a flu shot, however I work at a hospital and it's almost mandatory. If you want to opt out, you have to do all this paperwork. It's easier just to let them poke you with the needle and get it over with.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Except that by the time they had the h1n1 vaccine, it has run its course.  Had they had it when it first shown up I would have gotten the shot, but I caught it when the shots were released and it was certainlu the worst I've had but not that hospitisation bad everyone already had.

If I had to have it I would.  But it does worry me that they only test them for a few months before their available to the public.  There is no knowing if they affect people long term.

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
I don't get the flu shot either. This blog sums up why nicely.

I seriously hope 2013 is healthy and happy for all, pets included! It's crazy how many of us have been sick and how many of our pets have been ill.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
No kidding. My diabetic cat almost didn't make it Friday. He went into shock and was cold and unresponsive, so my housemate poured maple syrup down his throat and he started to perk up.

Today he was fine.

Are we adding on to our initial post for brags? I just added my day 2 to my day 1 post. Personally I think it is easier to follow if we keep updating our original post?

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
No kidding. My diabetic cat almost didn't make it Friday. He went into shock and was cold and unresponsive, so my housemate poured maple syrup down his throat and he started to perk up.

Today he was fine.

Are we adding on to our initial post for brags? I just added my day 2 to my day 1 post. Personally I think it is easier to follow if we keep updating our original post?

You can do it either way. :)

sosoftbuttons

i had swine flu and maaaan i was ill...  my folks were away and i had to fend for myself :crazy: i have never felt so rough in all my life, normal flu symptoms but magnified about ten billion times with added nastyness. and i have asthma. but i also refuse to have the flu-stab vaccine. i'm entitled to it, but i refuse it because like other people have already stated, i am also of the belief that your body should learn to fight things off itself. i do sympathise with those who got it bad, and i'm not just saying that, but i wouldnt want them stabbing me with vaccines that haven't been properly tested :blink:

now come on that last box for scraleos!!!

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Haha, thanks for the well wishes for my box everyone!

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Hooray, kitties that are getting better! All the kitty drama sounds so horrible, I'm glad it's all turning out ok.
I had the real flu one year- I call it "the death," because that's what it felt like. I've never been that sick before, so if the flu shot gives me even one little chance that I won't have to do it again, I'll get the flu shot. Up until that point, when people said "I have the flu," I would just consider it a bad cold, and expect them to be up and running the next day. NO. That was awful. I totally understand that it's not going to  be perfect, and that my body should be able to take care of the stuff that gets thrown at it- but dude! That flu was the pits!

Now off to the brag thread!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Sternenstaub

@Scraleos:
I'm so sorry that you still need to wait. I know your box has had a very long way. :(

But it make me sad that you don't have anything to wrap out - so I started to pack a "small" box of little goodies which will go out by tomorrow. I'm not so away from you and I guess it will show up during the week then - I'm sorry that I can't sent a big box of ponies - but I hope the little things will give you a smile and you can already jump into the fun at the brag thread. :) **Hugs**

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Sternen, that is so sweet! How far away is Scraleos' box?
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Sternenstaub

It came from Canada - and I know Canadian Post can be a pain. :(
So I  have no idea when Scraleos box' will arrive.

I'm in Germany and Scraleos in the UK - with a bit luck she can get the little box from me by wednesday or thursday. :)

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Sternen, you are, without doubt the guardian angel of the MLP arena!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Cheers to Stern!  Jeers to Canada Post!  I hope Scraleos's box won't be MIA for much longer!

Elf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal