collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SIMPLE SWAP 2013 - Brag Thread!  (Read 6351 times)

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: SIMPLE SWAP 2013 - Brag Thread!
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2013, 02:34:40 PM »
This brag thread is just getting better and better. What awesome boxes! :D I hope my partner gets their box soon.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2013, 06:39:56 PM »
WOW!!!  I came home this evening to an AMAZING swap box!  I cannot believe all the goodness that was in there!

This is everything all wrapped up in the box:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

...and everything wrapped up outside it.  I got a cute kitty cat card (with added little tiny legs and feet!)

Music Time!!  How did I never notice she had freckles before?  She is even more adorable than I thought!

Tutti Frutti!  Again, an even lovelier pony than I imagined she would be from online photos...she is such a rich mango color.  And that hair...have I mentioned that the hair on these ponies is so silky soft and smooth??

Baby Fun and Games!!!  I didn't have any of the Activity Club ponies and I think I like this one the best of that set!  I love the combination of red and white!

Ahhhhhh!!  Just when I thought the pony fun was done!  SURF DANCER!!!  I cannot explain how geeked out I got over this pony!  I nearly traded for her at one point and was so tempted to buy a couple of them that came up for sale but resisted *just in case*...my bathroom is themed in Little Mermaid and sea ponies and Surf Dancer actually matches the main color scheme, haha! 

My awesome ponies with all my other goodies!  Ponyville Cupcake is a big want, she's been eluding me forever...I LOVE the New Zealand sheep socks (I am kind of like G3 Minty over novelty socks), I have a NZ key chain to go on my key ring, a bag of pony ribbons!!, and some lovely Deep Sea nylon hair!  I just got some freebie baits today at the MI Pony Meet so I may have to design a baby pony that can use that hair :)

THANK YOU, Nhal039 for your incredible swap box!!!  So much international G1 goodness...you totally made my night!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2013, 06:51:09 PM »
Wow so many cute items :) Congrats on the new additions, they all look very beautiful :)

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2013, 10:19:49 PM »
Great box, Dewprincess, congrats ^^

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2013, 11:33:14 PM »
Yet another wonderful box!  ^.^

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 12:12:15 AM »
Oh my gosh, you guys... I came home from a pretty crummy day to find a package waiting for me. I can honestly say that this box alone put the biggest smile on my face! Thank you, court2882, for this AMAZING AMAZING package!!! I am over the moon right now. I came home around half past midnight and was exhausted, but I feel so energized right now and I need to show the world my awesome box!

When opening gifts, my parents always taught me to read the card first but I forgot my manners and went straight for those Oreos. :blush: You'll notice in the later photos that the cookies weren't photographed. This is because I was eating them while unwrapping and by the time I was taking pictures... well, let's just say that all that was left was an empty bag of crumbs. :whistle:

I gotta say that this wrapping is beautiful! I'm not only talking about the wrapping paper, I'm talking about the way that the ponies were wrapped! When I wrap ponies, they turn out as crumply lumps. Court's ponies, on the other hand, were in perfect little rectangles.

The first pony I unwrapped was Dazzleglow. She is absolutely beautiful! She's my favorite pony from the entire Glow n' Show set. Her hair is sooooo silky and soft. She is going on display immediately, right on my desk. :biggrin:

The second pony was Silver Glow! She is actually my first ever G3 pegasus! Everything about her is stunning but I love the way her wings fade from dark blue to a lighter blue that matches her body color. Such a pretty lady!

The last pony to be unwrapped was Cocoberry. My jaw literally dropped when I unwrapped her. She is perfect. I can't believe I have a beautiful Cocoberry in my collection now. I know the ponies from the Sundae Best set often have some symbol rubs, but she literally looks like she was just unpackaged. AND her hair is so vibrantly pink! I'm in awe.

Group photo!
Court also sent me some tea! One is a "double chocolate" blend that I'm super excited to try, especially with the cold weather approaching. I'm actually wondering how this will taste with a dash of hot milk. The second tea is a honey-lemon blend of mate and rooibos. I looooove teas with honeybush, so I'm super excited to try this one also.
And last but not least, the book. This. Is. Perfect. I gotta say, I love history novels but am ashamed I've never read this bestseller before. Elizabeth I by Margaret George. As a History student, I actually have a particular interest in Renaissance history. The Tudors have always fascinated me, especially the relationship between Elizabeth and Laeticia Knollys. There are no words for how excited I am to read this book.

Court, your package was totally amazing. I'm so happy right now with all of the lovely gifts you sent me. Thank you SO much for everything!!! :hug::hug::hug:

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2013, 01:39:29 AM »
So many wonderful brags! Congrats everyone. :joy:

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2013, 03:20:28 AM »
oh dew princess I am so happy you like the box and I am even more happy you like the seapony as I was so close to swapping her with another pony. You where a pleasure to buy for as I am also into my euro ponies so your swaplist was easy enough for me cause I knew who all the ponies were.
I have to say I am mighty impressed with how fast the ponies got to you, less than a week ago they were still at my house.

Also you went to a pony met, sounds fun, I will look out for a brag of ponies you got from the met ; )

sandra congrats on dazzle glow, she is one of my most favorite ponies her colours are so pretty, nice choice on ponies court : )

I will be watching out for more brags, I can't believe there are 4 all ready... its happening all so quickly

Offline mul-ta

• Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2013, 04:50:41 AM »
Wonderful brags, and so many of them already! Several postal services sure have outdone themselves. Makes me wish my parcel would reach my partner soon... This keeps getting better and better.

nhal, the wrapping your son did looks lovely. Tissue paper is my secret weapon as well for wrapping ponies. The naturally crumpled texture works wonders with them. XD And look at that silky hair!

Next up is... oooh Dazzleglow! Sandra, I like that box a lot. Court put such a stylish one together for you. :heart:

Btw, Multa, I'm loving your pic right now, it made me giggle :P

Lol, that's good to hear because I love it too!

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2013, 05:01:27 AM »
What lovely boxes! I didn't put any small gifts in my partner's box. Just the mane five presents. I hope she's as pleased as everyone else! :yikes:

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2013, 05:59:54 AM »
Congrats on your swap box Sandra, you got some beautiful ponies, reading material and some hot drinks for the cold weather that's fast approaching :) Great job Court

What lovely boxes! I didn't put any small gifts in my partner's box. Just the mane five presents. I hope she's as pleased as everyone else! :yikes:

That's exactly what I've been thinking as I've been watching these brags, I really stuck to the rules and I'm pretty sure my partner said NO to candy, so I didn't add anything additional :blush: :huh: I really hope my partner loves everything that I picked out for them.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:04:57 AM by MikeysGrrrl »

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2013, 06:44:58 AM »
Congrats Dewprincess and Sandra!  Nhal and Court, you both did a wonderful job.

Clones and Mikeysgrrl- you boxes will be fabulous, please don't worry.   I only have 5 gifts in mine as well ;)  You all have put an incredible amount of thought into these- I'm so impressed! 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Ice Crystal

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »

That's exactly what I've been thinking as I've been watching these brags, I really stuck to the rules and I'm pretty sure my partner said NO to candy, so I didn't add anything additional :blush: :huh: I really hope my partner loves everything that I picked out for them.

I'm in the same boat you guys are! I was stumped on the extras too (ponies were easy!) and just stuck to five. I hope my partner likes everything all the same.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline fireglides

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Crazy Scottie Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2013, 04:06:30 PM »
More lovely boxes! I love reading these posts.

I did the same - just the 5 presents: 3 ponies, 2 extras. I think I did well. Now we just have to wait and see!  :P Ah, the wait is a killer!
:good: Selling my collection -  take a peek! :nerdy:
   500 ponies - G1, G2, G3, G4 - includes Mail Orders, Comic Con, etc.

Includes other 80s items with more coming soon...

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2013, 04:57:39 PM »
Sandra - I am so pleased that you like your box. I really wanted to find you the perfect ponies for you.  That Cocoberry is really the most beautiful pony I've ever seen. I was so pleased when she arrived.

I was an English Major in university, and I loved learning the history of the Tudor period. I love Margaret George. She is one of my favourite authors.  When you wrote that you loved historical novels, I just knew what I had to find. I really hope that you like it. She has written a lot of great books.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal