collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2 in 1 computer recommendation  (Read 318 times)

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
2 in 1 computer recommendation
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:35:49 AM »
My eReader broke recently and they no longer make batteries for that model. I've decided to get one of those tablet/laptop combos to replace it. Does anyone have experience with them and know of a good brand or specifics ones to stay away from?

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2 in 1 computer recommendation
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »
My brother-in-law has one of the first Asus Transformers with the keyboard dock and I am so insanely jealous of it I can't see straight.  (It's just cool, and I want it!).  He loves it, or at least he did when he got it.  He may have upgraded to one of the newer ones by now. 

This isn't a laptop really, but I have a Windows tablet with a snap-on keyboard that I use a lot, or sometimes I pair a Bluetooth keyboard with any of my other tablets. 

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 12:54:57 PM »
My eReader broke recently and they no longer make batteries for that model. I've decided to get one of those tablet/laptop combos to replace it. Does anyone have experience with them and know of a good brand or specifics ones to stay away from?

I do not personally own it, but the Lenovo Yoga is fantastic for this. Lenovo is extremely reliable and high quality, and the Yoga model seems like a good fit for your needs!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:59:24 AM »
I am about ready to set my brand new computer on fire so I'm not one to ask. Turns out I absolutely LOATHE Windows 8.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 08:56:27 AM »

I do not personally own it, but the Lenovo Yoga is fantastic for this. Lenovo is extremely reliable and high quality, and the Yoga model seems like a good fit for your needs!

Mostly school stuff and reading at bed. I won't be typing any papers, but keeping notes, following along with power points, that kind of stuff. Nothing heavy. I'll look into the ones recommended so far. Thanks guys!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 09:49:19 AM »
Ill stick to my PC thanks ;)  (A tablet, to me, should only be used to describe something you draw on!)

I cant really help you, but I can say that windows 8 is ok for touchscreen devices...just not a PC.  Don't get me wrong, I want to strangle the brats that decided to make it cross platform, but I guess im a bit of a devils advocate xD

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 04:42:21 PM »
I have both a tablet and an eReader xD If you do a lot of reading I would still keep an ereader. I hate reading on my tablet! I just got the new Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 and I love it :) I just play games on it though haha!

Thanks Whippetluv!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal