collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 590
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65340 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2022, 11:43:23 AM »
Missed out on posting here because the other day was a nothing day. However yesterday was eventful to say the least!!! Coffee was good & the FT stall was back so that was great. Also got some apples & plums. Not made a sweet pie yet so they will be a great start.
Then I had a visit at 2pm. This was a review checking on everything: both the state of the house (which was much improved & they saw that) & the state of me. I tend to neglect myself, mainly due to not feeling "worth it" if you get me. And there are a team of people who want to help those who neglect themselves. I was asked if I'd like to submit something for this team so they can find out what helps, as so far they've been going wrong.
This moved me to tears, as I'm so used to help being of the "we're doing it the way we think you need" instead of it being "we'll ask you what you really need for help". So anybody wishing to change help from the enforced rubbish to a listening type is such a breath of fresh air & such a change from the norm I literally cried in front of them, snuggling the life out of Bakana & Snuggles while I did.
Like I said, eventful. I sincerely hope they follow through, because I summed up the two main reasons people neglect themselves: they don't feel worth caring for, & they're so tired it's just too much effort while they were there. Often both are combined.
Going to have to defrost my fridge-freezer soon as it's getting time it needs done. Laundry & food supply say so...
Oh & I'm running low of ketchup, but have a tube of tomato puree. Used half of it mixed with dried onion, sugar, vinegar, mixed herbs, & a wee bit of garlic powder,  it makes a fine home-ketchup!!!

I think that's how Bakana helps me at night. When I snuggle her I just nestle in with her wrapped round me & my arms round her. I can fuss her too, & if I focus on that feeling it helps a lot. You could call it meditation by sharky snuggle.

All the best Rainlove!!! BC I saw the relief. Stress does have a huge physical impact people often don't realise until it affects them xxx Artie I hope the chutney was worth it!!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 11:45:06 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2022, 12:57:40 PM »
Celebrating the end of summer.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2022, 02:47:46 PM »
I was able to go out to eat today in Spain, it was overcast/rainy and I saw lightening strikes over the sea!! I saw flashes earlier, but saw the strikes for myself. My swimming costume fell off the balcony on Sunday night, I still haven't' gotten it back despite it being gone from the roof of the bar where it fell down upon :c I want to return some toys I bought from a store as I already have them, so I'm looking up Spanish return law since I was concerned about what my receipt said.

(Spanish forumites or those who live in Spain; 14 days no-fault return, right?)

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2022, 03:46:55 AM »
You made it to Spain! Yay! I do hope you get your costume back or at least another one in time to enjoy the rest of your holiday :heart:

Wow, so much has been happening!

@Space Pinto I'm glad you'll get some respite from the heat, hopefully the fall weather stays nice and cool. What's your favourite thing about fall?

@PBW, I'm very glad to hear that you got a support worker who is listening to you and is interested in your point of view. Enforced self-improvement type stuff is something I have also been subjected to and it can be very frustrating. At one point I was unwell with an autoimmune disease which periodically flares up and I had a care worker who was very rigid and I felt quite judgemental. The reasons for self-neglect can differ as to what's causing it so they always need to listen and never judge IMO. From what I hear you're doing a good job keeping yourself entertained with cooking and hobbies and reaching out to people like us and at coffee morning so that you don't become isolated, so you probably make more of an effort than some people might think. I enjoy hearing about your cooking experiments a lot!

@BC I'm glad you got some bete rnews about your Dad and are pottering about and doing stuff. I can't picture armature for the orange sheep, hope we get to see a photo sometime!

@Beth I used to meditate but I'm trying to get back into it. The thing BC describes is really good, we call it Body Scan here. I used to do Buddhist meditation, the Metta Bhavana is quite hard as it involves thinking about other people. The other form we used to do at the Buddhist Centre was called Mindfulness of Breathing and that one was easier in a way. I find it really had to do either without being in a room full of people at the Buddhist Centre, and trying quite hard. I think I must get over this. I looked for the old CD i used to use but I can't find it  :(

@Rainlove The Pegasus
Congrats! If that is an excuse for an Oreo dessert then I say go for it!  :biggrin:

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2022, 05:42:34 AM »
Thanks, Artie! I'll be posting WIP pics as well as the final result probably later today. All he needs are his locks, and that shouldn't take long ^^

PBW, I'm so glad you have someone who listens to you. I went through several therapists years ago because none of them connected to me on a personal level. They were rigid and it felt like talking to a wall. I love my therapist now though. I struggle with self neglect too. One of the reasons I shaved my head was to make showering easier :hug:

Today I'm going to focus on my projects since I've got my mojo back :frolic:

ETA: My orange sheep is finished! He's posted in my needle felting thread in Arts & Crafts ^^
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 10:20:55 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2022, 02:21:17 PM »
@Space Pinto I'm glad you'll get some respite from the heat, hopefully the fall weather stays nice and cool. What's your favourite thing about fall?

I just love how it's getting colder, days are getting shorter and the world feels like it was drifting off to sleep, but yesterday in particular it was about that little annual ritual that I have, where in the last minutes of 31st August (which I consider to be the last day of summer) I will sit by an open window and drink the last iced drink of the summer (not that I never drink anything with ice after that date, I just don't consider those summer drinks anymore) while listening to either "Safe Place to Sleep" or "Last Drop Falls" which both make me think of approaching fall.
Inka Dinka Doo

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2022, 02:28:50 PM »

I just love how it's getting colder, days are getting shorter and the world feels like it was drifting off to sleep, but yesterday in particular it was about that little annual ritual that I have, where in the last minutes of 31st August (which I consider to be the last day of summer) I will sit by an open window and drink the last iced drink of the summer (not that I never drink anything with ice after that date, I just don't consider those summer drinks anymore) while listening to either "Safe Place to Sleep" or "Last Drop Falls" which both make me think of approaching fall.

Mmm, that sounds lovely. Thank you for sharing that. If I'm ever tempted to entertain negative thoughts about winter I'll try to think of it from your point of view. This summer has been the first scary-heat summer in the UK so I'll probably never think about summer the same way again.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2022, 03:15:26 AM »
Cheers everybody!!! Yep, it's starting to darken, though as yet I'm not noticing a drop in temperature yet. BC so glad you can do stuff again & I saw your sheep xxx Frostbite, enjoy your break in Espana!!!

My stick whizzer died, but it's served me faithfully for years & recently been used a load again. I have another mixer to tide me over for a bit, which I found lurking in a cupboard, but I love the stick whizzer, so I've ordered a new one. It will take a bit to arrive though due to the postal strike. I tested the stick whizzer today & the inside lit up, which it's not meant to do, so nope, dead stick whizzer. Better safe than sorry on electrical items. Managed to make more cookies but not much plain flour left. I have bread flour for pizzas but no plain, which is for everything else pretty much. Will get some soon from Tesco online, but for now baking is on hold. I like my ginger cookies, so I make a lot instead of buying them like I used to. Also need some ginger, but at least I can wait a little longer for that. My apples will have to wait anyway because they need lemon juice as well as flour to become a pie. I have everything else in the house. While looking up apple pie recipes I kept seeing egg washing, but I don't have egg, so that was something else I have to look up, & milk works as a wash yaiy!!!
Sleep is still (always) an issue, but one thing I'm managing to do again is brush my teeth at night!!! I hadn't managed to for ages!!! Tomorrow is the big F day though. I can make savoury pie filling from most of the stuff left in there, I'm having more freezer contents for dinner tonight, & overnight I'll freeze a coolbag for the rest. I just need a small coolbag for a couple of things, & the bread can get used up too. It's literally the emptiest my freezer has been for months if not longer, hence getting it done tomorrow
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2022, 05:51:46 AM »
last day at work before my week long vacation :) i'm not going anywhere but i need a break from work to relax and do other stuff. theres a ton of stuff i need to do around the house. i'm also trying to plan some stuff to do out of the house.

sometimes i feel like i need to take time off just to do stuff that falls through the cracks while i'm working.

also ramping up the job search. i have a couple of calls lined up for next week. nothing i'm too excited about but i'm staying open minded. i'm also still doing interview prep. i think i'm coming to a realization that i need to just interview continuously for practice at least. every time i get comfortable at a job i feel like the rug gets pulled out from under me. knowing that i have other options makes me feel better.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2022, 06:11:44 AM »
I'm glad you'll get some time to yourself, Beth.

Today I'm going to my parent's house. It will be the first time I've seen my dad since he got out of the hospital the second time. I need him to sign something for my EBT approval. I hope he doesn't mind. I filled it out already, he just needs to sign it.

He put some money in my bank. I need groceries bad. I've been eating boxed pasta and granola bars for the last few days. I can't spend a lot though, because there is other stuff I need. Like stupid printer ink that costs 32 bucks. I don't know why when my printer has 7 different inks it can't operate with one empty or taken out. Like, use another color. There is plenty of black left, use that. But nooooooo, the Photo Blue is out and I can't function!!!111!!!1!!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 02, 2022, 07:23:31 AM »
I'm writing a paper today! I was accepted into a paralegal program at my college and am trying to better myself and get out of the medical field. I love it so far!

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 03, 2022, 11:59:10 AM »
It's starting!!! I'm defrosting my fridge-freezer!!!. Frozen cool-bag full of the last frozen stuff & inside another, both sealed off, to keep that little lot cold. Fridge freezer switched off & freezer started with a boiled kettle, dripping away nicely into containers at the bottom, with towels to catch the excess. Tea towels in fridge managing ok, but will change later.
Also on the dishes. Have to do a laundry later, which will take the towels too. Will also work on making the savoury pie filling soon.

Beth, enjoy your time off & get your rest xxx BC, printers are a big annoyance/scam like that... I'll have to ask about a new scanner/ printer at some point... Also, all the best for your folks xxx Palo, hope the paper goes well & congrats on new program!!!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 03, 2022, 06:21:37 PM »
Despite being tired, I managed to vacuum the entire downstairs and changed the orange curtains in the living room on Saturday evening. :joy:
It's Sunday morning in a few hours and I should be asleep by now, but I'm not. I want to read Areena's messages first! :P
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #208 on: September 04, 2022, 06:05:19 AM »
I bought some PDF files that show the armature for different animals for needle felting. I want to start trying realistic animals. I have to work on my swap custom though. I'm getting behind.

I need to do some cleaning too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #209 on: September 04, 2022, 07:27:04 AM »
Congrats on all your projects everyone! Beth I'm super jelly of your holiday! I'm back at work on Monday after being off work sick and I'm dreading it. I hope you have a great time in the garden and spending time with the furry pals. I've done a little cooking and painted one more side of a door today. We have just 7 doors in our house as one is completely missing. The door to the really ugly cupboard is now back on and hiding that water tank! DH is just re-hanging the bathroom door (?!) after approximately 1 year of 'open plan' living.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal