collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sapphire Shores EQG doll in the UK...(Entertainer, London)  (Read 775 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Did the Sapphire Shores Equestria doll get properly released in the UK in the end or did it not?

Reason I'm asking - I never saw her anywhere back home but I did see her today in Shepherd's Bush Entertainer (which must be what, about two years after she was originally released?) She isn't articulated, and I can't remember if there are multiple versions or just the one, but her box is a bit bigger than the normal slimline boxes. She really does have a weird expression. Also, she's on serious discount, at £6.66. She looks a tad too odd for me, but thought I'd flag it up in case anyone cared or was in the local area who wanted her.

I don't go to Shepherd's Bush often, in fact never, this was a one off mission in search of something else, so I saw her by coincidence.

Brushable situation same in London as back home.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 03:22:11 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Sapphire Shores EQG doll and the UK...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 02:17:31 PM »
Woah, she finally made it over here? First I've heard of her being spotted in the UK.. she barely got released in the US from what I know, I didn't think she'd get released over here at all.

Thanks for the heads-up, though :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sapphire Shores EQG doll and the UK...
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 02:21:41 PM »
Woah, she finally made it over here? First I've heard of her being spotted in the UK.. she barely got released in the US from what I know, I didn't think she'd get released over here at all.

Thanks for the heads-up, though :)

Nor did I, which is why I asked, because sometimes I miss things (since mostly I only get to check stores when I'm home).

I also discovered today that what the Entertainer have in stock isn't necessarily what they think they have, as I bought one EAH doll today and saw it scan as a completely different doll on the till. So it's worth checking what's on the shelf - I think it unlikely that she's in one store in the WHOLE of England, so it might be that she's in other places too.

Edit -she is on the website, but it says she's out of stock. She definitely is in stock in Shepherd's Bush though. So the website fibs.
http://www.thetoyshop.com/dolls-soft-toys/dolls/fashion-dolls/My-Little-Pony-Equestria-Girls-Rainbow-Rocks--%C2%A0Sapphire-Shores-Doll-with-Fashions/p/517633_B0823

And £6.66 is a pretty decent price.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:23:15 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Sapphire Shores EQG doll in the UK...(Entertainer, London)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:24:55 PM »
:Shakes fist: ALWAYS after I give up and order from 'murica! Curse you, Entertainer!

Carrie

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 05:01:46 PM »
:Shakes fist: ALWAYS after I give up and order from 'murica! Curse you, Entertainer!

Carrie

In fairness, I think it has been literally 2 years since she was out. Although it took Lyra pony about 4 years to get here so maybe that's quite fast?

(On the same note I only ever saw Amethyst Star here in the UK once, in Smyths, also on clearance, and I have no idea whether she was or wasn't ever sold here properly even now). Maybe with Cheerilee doll too...I can't remember now. Distribution really sucks here sometimes.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 05:42:57 AM »
Sapphire (and the Pinkie from the same wave) was released in the US around June of last year.

Which release of Lyra do you mean? The wedding single? I remember finding them in Asda fairly soon after they were released in the US..

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 07:58:08 AM »
Sapphire (and the Pinkie from the same wave) was released in the US around June of last year.

Which release of Lyra do you mean? The wedding single? I remember finding them in Asda fairly soon after they were released in the US..

Hrm. Then I guess it was just Shropshire where she didn't appear until last summer...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 03:47:28 PM »
Oh goodness I have been after this one so much!!!!!!  Still yet to find her  :cry:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 03:56:15 PM »
Oh goodness I have been after this one so much!!!!!!  Still yet to find her  :cry:

I can probably go back and try to pick one up if you want me to. Just it;s a little complicated to post from here as I don't have the boxes I have at home. I also didn't want to buy them up if they were local to someone on here who wanted them. And they were reduced so they may sell. But I can try, if you want me to.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal