Creativity > Customs

Sea Pony Swiftwind

<< < (2/3) > >>

MANIMAL!:
Thanks! I love looking at other people's swiftwind customs - especially since I don't have to paint them. The resolution of this photo is good enough that you can see I just can't get the coat to go on smooth. I am definitely enjoying this one more from a distance.

I was thinking of doing Storm - Catra's horse - but there isn't any silver or gray bait, and I am not about to attempt a full-body repaint. I'd rather live with a different body color. I've thought of using a Twilight bait - sort of a pinkish purple Storm . . .

Mewtwofan1:
     Oh cool! The floating hair does seem to work quite nicely

BlackCurtains:
Neat! I like the hair too ^^

BubbleTea:

--- Quote from: MANIMAL! on April 15, 2019, 08:40:10 PM ---Thanks! I love looking at other people's swiftwind customs - especially since I don't have to paint them. The resolution of this photo is good enough that you can see I just can't get the coat to go on smooth. I am definitely enjoying this one more from a distance.

I was thinking of doing Storm - Catra's horse - but there isn't any silver or gray bait, and I am not about to attempt a full-body repaint. I'd rather live with a different body color. I've thought of using a Twilight bait - sort of a pinkish purple Storm . . .

--- End quote ---

You can try watering down the paint to get the overall paint job to be smoother. It will take many more coats though. I'm not quite sure how metallic paint will water down since I haven't tried it yet.

Also Storm would be super awesome.

MANIMAL!:

--- Quote from: BubbleTea on April 16, 2019, 07:30:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: MANIMAL! on April 15, 2019, 08:40:10 PM ---Thanks! I love looking at other people's swiftwind customs - especially since I don't have to paint them. The resolution of this photo is good enough that you can see I just can't get the coat to go on smooth. I am definitely enjoying this one more from a distance.

--- End quote ---

You can try watering down the paint to get the overall paint job to be smoother. It will take many more coats though. I'm not quite sure how metallic paint will water down since I haven't tried it yet.

Also Storm would be super awesome.

--- End quote ---

I guess I've only watered down paint when painting symbols, and l just wasn't happy with the result. Either way, I can't get the paint  to make fine lines, so I just gave up. As for an FBR . . . shudder ~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version