collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 472318 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3330 on: February 19, 2021, 07:22:47 AM »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: February 19, 2021, 09:17:00 AM »
My mother has to have a blood test today, for her routine hospital check next month. They scheduled it really early because she's shielding and high risk. Today they called her to say they had to make the appt later because the person who was doing it is off. That means she now is down there while it's busier.

So fed up with this doublestandard. Same GP that told her to shield and avoid unnecessary contact...same GP that decided to set up its vaccine hub miles from where its patients live, forcing them to make long journeys or alternative arrangements.

Unimpressed.

I'm sorry that happened to your mother Taffeta.  :hug:

After my mom's surgery in Sept she was kept waiting for over an hour for her follow up appointment.

I think small things are building up for me today.  My dad decided to block the front door because my mom went out of it yesterday to check the mail even though I told her not too.  I know he's doing it because he doesn't want her to fall on the icy sidewalk but I really don't like having the front door blocked off. I think it sets off my claustrophobia a bit.  I could go outside through the garage to the front yard if I need to but for some reason him deciding to block off the front door until the ice melts is really getting to me. 

Last week my mom's printer stopped working and my dad ordered a new one online.  It came today and it's the exact same model that she had before.  I deleted the other printer from the computer because my parents told me that they probably would get a different model.  If I hadn't deleted it we could have just plugged in the new one without any problems.

I also cannot get access to the print cartridges and my mom keeps opening the  top part of the printer thinking that's the part where the print cartridges are instead of the part where you put documents you want to copy.

I finally got the print access door open. It was just stiff because it's new.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 10:05:16 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3332 on: February 19, 2021, 11:18:17 AM »
Thanks, Beth :hug: I feel a little better today.

My complaint? ANTS! Freaking ANTS! Again! On my desk this time, of all places. They were feasting on what I assume was soda residue on a coaster. HOW in the WORLD did they did it?! I couldn't find a trail anywhere but I sprayed the window sill and baseboards around the area. Then I saw them on the cable for my MacBook which I keep hooked around a drawer knob when not in use. They were using that to get on the desk. I thought then they were in the small garbage can I keep here but I didn't see any when I emptied it... not that I put food in there but who knows, maybe they found a napkin with a pizza stain.

I HATE ANTS.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: February 19, 2021, 04:29:40 PM »
I'm sorry you're dealing with ants again BlackCurtains. :( 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 05:01:00 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: February 20, 2021, 12:58:53 PM »
Just spent way more time than I wanted this morning struggling with 3 bait ponies that just didn't want to clean up. Not sure I'll even be able to use one of them. I'm irritated because I paid a bit more for them than I normally would for baits...I didn't expect these to be that stubborn. To add insult to injury, while I was working on them, I should have realized the house was too quiet: my girls had managed to get ahold of a tub of my husband's foot lotion, and fingerpainted their clothes, their hair, several toys, and the living room rug. Not sure which thing I dread more...steam-cleaning the rug or 'fessing up to my husband about what happened to his expensive lotion.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3335 on: February 20, 2021, 01:44:50 PM »
Time passes wayyy too fast.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3336 on: February 21, 2021, 06:36:55 AM »
i wanted to make bread because i can't get grocery deliveries or pickup because of the terrible weather we've had in Texas and i can't go into the store because of covid. except i can't follow directions and i refrigerated the dough overnight instead of leaving it out to rise. I'll try again tomorrow :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3337 on: February 21, 2021, 02:46:57 PM »
Two things.

One, I either didn't hear my pizza delivery person knock or they didn't knock at all. Almost 45 minutes went by before I decided to check outside and there was my pizza, blowing in the cold wind. It's still warm thankfully.

Two, I thought I was having another eczema outbreak on my arm but now I'm thinking it's something else. The rash keeps moving and it gets very itchy with these tiny bumps all over that bleed. It's pretty gross. My skin is hot to the touch where the rash is. I looked up hives and it might be it? I'm certainly under enough stress but it's only in this one place. I think I'll take an antihistamine tonight and see if it helps, even though that will make me useless tomorrow.

eidt: and now I can't sleep.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:47:03 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: February 22, 2021, 06:22:56 AM »
Mice got into our taco shell stash!  ARGH! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3339 on: February 22, 2021, 08:46:35 AM »
Remember that GP I had a moan about the other day, changing mum's appt around and such?
Today they phoned Dad to invite him to go for an asthma review. Which at the moment is just a chat because they aren't checking anything respiratory that isn't an emergency.

...Apparently they forgot that we're shielding and that parents have only had 1 dose of the vaccine so far. And that calling people in for unnecessary appointments is stupid.

If they have so much free time on their hands maybe they'd like to do vaccinations locally instead of sending people 10 miles away to get them. I'm  sure it's not a coincidence that 2 weeks after that hub opened cases spiked in various of the areas where people would be travelling from to get to it. I mean, their advice from here was get 2 buses, travel 2 hours and then walk 10 mins each way. For people in their seventies.

Yep.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 08:48:06 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3340 on: February 22, 2021, 02:45:27 PM »
Now there are ants on my bookshelf. Wha..? Why? I still can't find where they're coming from but I sprayed the other window. I suppose I should do the windows in the bedroom too. AND I was at my parents place today and they also have ants. I can't escape them.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: February 22, 2021, 03:01:56 PM »
:O The post office has lost my incoming IRS letter. of all the things to get lost. It's been over a week since it should have been delivered and our local post office is claiming they never received it.

I've never experienced this. Sometimes mail is delayed (usually by the local post office not delivering that day), but never had anything vanish. Informed Delivery is such a nice thing to have. . .

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: February 23, 2021, 07:12:31 AM »
I'm trying to get back into drawing again and I have an idea of how my ideal art style would look, but I'm so used to drawing in a certain way that even after a long break, I still keep falling back into the same old patterns. :/

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: February 23, 2021, 10:03:02 AM »
The library where I work has the old BBC movie series of the Chronicles of Narnia and they aren't together like the newer Disney versions of the movies. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is under "Lion", Prince Caspian is under "Prince" and The Silver chair is under "Silver" while the Disney ones are all under "Chronicles."  The BBC movies have "The Chronicles of Narnia" on them just like the Disney ones do.  When I asked a co-worker's opinion about putting them together, she told me that they should stay separate because "kids have a short attention span."

Seriously?  Then why don't we separate the Pokemon, Power Rangers, Veggie Tales, or any of the other Nickelodeon or Disney series?  Maybe it's because we put series together so that they can be FOUND.  I really hate dealing with people who can't think things through.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: February 24, 2021, 09:09:22 AM »
The computer saga continues.  The surge protector on my mom's computer was making a constant, annoying high pitched beeping sound.  My mom asked me to take a look at it and see what was wrong.  I wasn't sure what the problem was but was trying to figure it out.  Before I could finish working out what was wrong my mom was already back on her computer.  I just needed a little more time but she was in such a hurry. :(

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal