collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thrift store hopes/dreams...  (Read 1487 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Thrift store hopes/dreams...
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 06:23:04 PM »
I have been dreaming of ponies lately but I hate waking up and not having them for real.

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 08:28:13 PM »
Ive had a ton of luck over the years at thrift stores and flea markets. My most recent buys have been a lot of 20 G1's at a consignment store for $21, a lot of 12 G1's at a thrift store for $14. A Rapunzel with all accessories, Scribble, TAF baby Sweet Tooth and about 30 others and complete perm shop for $60 through an online ad. a MIB baby blossom, 14 MOC Pony wears, dream castle and about 40 ponies for $100 through an online add. I remember back in the late 90s ponies were EVERYWHERE at the thrift stores and flea markets, now not so much. But i really cant complain :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 04:02:08 AM »
My dream is to find a G1 pony at a thrift store. I have yet to find one.

Noepse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 04:21:19 AM »
Ive had a ton of luck over the years at thrift stores and flea markets. My most recent buys have been a lot of 20 G1's at a consignment store for $21, a lot of 12 G1's at a thrift store for $14. A Rapunzel with all accessories, Scribble, TAF baby Sweet Tooth and about 30 others and complete perm shop for $60 through an online ad. a MIB baby blossom, 14 MOC Pony wears, dream castle and about 40 ponies for $100 through an online add. I remember back in the late 90s ponies were EVERYWHERE at the thrift stores and flea markets, now not so much. But i really cant complain :)

Wow, many congratulations! Haha.
On the subject of pony dreams I have a lot, mostly about finding obscure merchandise or ponies for glorious prices~!

PandoraFox

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 06:15:02 AM »
I have had that magical moment happen where I found two gargantuan boxes stuffed to the brim with G1 and G2 ponies in a 2nd hand toy stall at a convention! Oh boy was I excited! The problem being I had an extremely limited budget at the time and could only bring home three. :(
I dream of finding that stall again after I find a steady job so very, very much.
Still what I brought home were my first two boys and an Italian Snuzzle, so I still consider that lucky.

Our local charity shop is kind to me to on occasion though G1s are a very rare find and it's general just a G3 or two. 
The only too good to be true moment I had there involves my other main collection. Somebody had donated their childhood G1 transformers collection and the prices the store asked for them were insane, but in the good way, and I picked up most of them. I still cannot believe I paid 1 euro and 50 cents for one of my biggest grails.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 06:16:15 AM »
I just want to find a G1 or G2 at a thrift store!  I don't care which pony it is!  I've never found anything besides G3s at a thrift store.   Whenever I go into a thrift store I have my fingers crossed!  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

tinyblondie

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »
My Grandmother lives in Greece, I would love it if I visited her and managed to find a Ladybird while I was out there. I'm not usually one for rare ponies but she is just so pretty.

Finding the 25th Ann Pinkie Pie plush would be amazing, as would be finding Sweetsong. I dont think she was available in England but you never know who might have moved here and brought her with them!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 03:13:53 PM »
My pony dream wish would be to walk into a charity shop or old toy shop and find lots of later year MOC G1s *wishful sigh*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 03:27:23 PM »
My dream is to walk into a local thrift store and find a single G1. Don't care which one it is, I just want to find a G1- I will love it to death.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

fireflys flight

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 05:13:15 PM »

Wow, many congratulations! Haha.
On the subject of pony dreams I have a lot, mostly about finding obscure merchandise or ponies for glorious prices~!

It's kinda weird, the days I'm on here I tend to have pony merchandise dreams, mostly thrift stores. Haven't had any luck yet. My dreams to find that 25th birthday anniversary Pinkie in a thrift store. Please like to send their plushies to thrift stores/goodwill so maybe someday :)

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 06:57:33 PM »
Not really a thrift store dream.
More just a day dream.
I work with a guy from spain. Ive talked to him before about my collection. He went home to spain for christmas. Over the christmas holidays I had little sleep and was working long hours so I was day-dreaming a lot while I worked.

My day-dream was that when he was home collections/collectors came up in conversation and he mentions that he knows someone who collects ponies. Then his sister says that they still have their old ponies packed away somewhere. They pull them out and he brings them to Canada and gives them to me. And they are all NC/spanish Nirvana ponies. And for some reason there is a Greek Ladybird with them...
Like I said I was sleep deprived and over worked :satisfied:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal