collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dollyhair "process fee"?  (Read 4434 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Dollyhair "process fee"?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 10:59:25 PM »
Thank you for doing some research - I will update my list with a few more categories.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 12:33:46 AM »
Okay I know people have had issues, but I've always ordered from Dolly Hair and have never had problems at all. I've ordered very large amounts of hair before, and I'm pretty sure I've always noticed the fee. Then again I'm used to fees seen as I end up ordering a lot of things online anyway. I understand being careful, but honestly she has fixed a lot of issues and my most recent order was shipped very fast, I think I got more hair than the "standard" weight.
I guess I'm saying those who haven't ordered from Dolly Hair before, take everyone's experiences with a grain of salt... even mine!

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 01:00:17 AM »
^^ :like:

the fees don't bother me, if i know what they are for/know i am getting charged them :) all my orders have been correct, lately weights good, and shipped promptly. i personally wouldn't not order based on opinions from a 7 year old thread...

Honey Buzz Oregon

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 01:03:17 AM »
Holy Cow Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Reading that post from 2006 is very eye opening & troubling to a newbie like me..... It makes ya wanna rethink doing business with someone like that. Trouble is, where else do you get exact colors for your ponies that you want??? I know we are all HUMAN, but man that chick should have shut her mouth before she opened it.  I couldn't even make it through all 13 pages.

I just placed my first order with her a couple of days ago, because everyone said she had the best hair & colors to choose from. I pray I never have an issue with her.  I also purchase pretty much EVERYTHING online unless I need it for everyday living & this is the first time EVER I have been charged a processing fee. I felt like I was at the local gas station & I was using my debit card. LOL you get charged .75 extra for using your card. I've even owned two online businesses & never charged anybody processing fees. It's part of the cost of doing business.

Totally rambling now, but I guess what I'm trying to say is it would have been really nice if she would have put somewhere/anywhere on her site that she charges a processing fee......... Which really is a handling fee 'cuz the fee varies per order.

z2000

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 07:17:34 AM »
Well I guess you can PM me since I ordered a b*tt load :).

I did some research last night. PayPal is cheaper for vendors so it surprised me that DH went to 2checkout. Their fee is 5.5% of the transaction, where PP is 2.9%. This appears what DH passes on to us, about 5% in my case. From what I read online, vendors typically chose 2CO because they are fed up with PayPal - PP will "freeze" or "limit" vendor's accounts if they get too many complaints, sometimes for as long as 6 months. Which means that vendors cannot use any of their proceeds sitting in the account.

Curious is also when I dug a little further that I found not corporate filing with the state of california for dollyhair, nor a DBA filing in Los Angeles county. It could of course be under a different name, or the business might be run as an individual, but it is curious. I am also not being charged sales tax, which vendors have to when you are based in california and sell to a California customer. Not doing so may constitute tax evasion. It is painful for me as a customer because I have to manually report and pay it on my tax returns.

Anyway, I am going to leave it at that before DH posts here ...

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 07:21:49 AM »
I'm with Dancing on this one, I've had nothing but good experiences with DH in the year or two I've been customizing. during the Great Dollyhair Drought (when a lot of her colors were out of stock) she found a hank of Wisteria in her office that she let me buy cause she knew I was desperate for some and it had been out of stock for who knows how long.

I have had only one order, around Christmas, that was on the skimpy side, but in the last 2 orders (one of which was over $70) I've gotten maybe 5 free hanks, which in my mind more than makes up for it. And every hank since that thin one has had some nice heft to it.

So yeah, those of you who are waiting on your first order or are thinking of placing one for the first time, give her a whirl. I'm a happy girl with my orders and go thru her for the bulk of my hair =)

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 08:00:27 AM »
I, personally, have not had any issues with orders I've placed with DH, and I know a lot of other people have had nothing but good experiences with her. I love the hair colors she carries, some in particular I'm completely, totally in love with. It also seems like she's addressed many of the issues that were brought up in the (relatively) recent thread here on the Arena, which is a good thing.

I have two concerns: 1) It seems that there is great inconsistency in people's experiences. Some people have a great transaction and some people have a terrible transaction. Not just inconvenient, or mistakes that are rectified, but really terrible. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this inconsistency, and it makes me nervous.

2) The level of unprofessionalism that she's shown in the threads referenced in this one is mind boggling. In the recent thread here on the arena she was almost as vitriolic as in the old TP thread. This is really my biggest issue. I just don't DO drama and, to the extent possible, expect that the people I interact with are respectful and polite. I don't have time or space in my life for that kind of negativity, so my choice, for me, is to decline to do business with DH.

That's what's right for me. It's not right for everyone and I wouldn't discourage anyone else from doing business with her. I'd just say be aware that this behavior has happened and could again. She really does have a great product, and I have a few hair colors (moonlight!) that I will be very sad when I run out of, but for me, it's just not worth it. But the beauty of the free market is that we each get to decide for ourselves.

z2000

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 08:10:45 AM »
Well said LeighAnn.

I also noticed that from my first invoice DH used 2CO so I have no idea why I thought she used straight PP before - something must have changed in the payflow that made me notice. It is very possible I've paid this process fee all along and never noticed it. This go around I was looking to avoid that $15 shipping fee.

I do have to say that now that I'm aware, having seen the drama in those 2006 an 2012 postings .. well .. everyone should make up their own mind.

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 08:47:22 AM »
I bought from Dollyhair this year and it was great. I didn't notice a processing fee, but I did get my free shipping. I also got 6 free hanks of hair, so I guess that evens out everything?

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 10:39:18 AM »
I don't know why you were so confused by the shipping charge, since it clearly states in the shopping cart "Free U.S. and Canada shipping on orders between $50.00 and $100.00!"

Personally, I always order between $50 and $100 to get the free shipping and Tina has been doing a good job again of fulfilling orders. I haven't had any problems lately and I definitely wouldn't base my opinions of Dollyhair on a 7-year old thread.

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »
yheree is a fee. I've been cahrged it for moths. I assumed it was because I wasn't a US person.

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »
Well as for the shipping, it is only free if your order is between 50 and 100...meaning that its free up to 99 but not at 100 dollar.
As for the process fee, I dont know much of it.

z2000

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
Typically, when businesses do free shipping over a certain amount, they don't penalize the customer with a shipping charge when they purchase even more. I am simply looking at it from a business point of view. It is a well-known fact that most shopping carts are abandoned due to the adding of shipping and handling charges. So it's just not smart business, that's why it surprised me. Yes, it's mentioned on the website, but so is "I'll ship within 24 hrs" when the contact page clearly says they don't. So I took it with a grain of salt. My mistake.

Several people mentioned a 7 year old thread as something to be dismissed, because it's old. I'll just say, I must be quite old, because 7 years is not that old to me :). Regardless, what matters to me is whether it is still relevant. It is to me. I cannot support a person who treats another person like that (let alone a customer!), even if my orders had been perfect. It is clear to me from the 2012 thread and the DH contact page that there has not been enough of an attitude adjustment to warrant my supporting the business.

There's other odd stuff like her sister's website, and the fact that DH owns restoredolly.com, which is called typo-squatting in the courts and very much frowned upon.

Sorry guys, it's just not for me. I'm pretty picky about who I do business with.

Anyway .. bored with this now, back to the ponies ..  :biggrin:

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013, 07:25:17 PM »
I understand you not wanting to deal with possible issues, but I am concerned about those who are looking at buying from DH and getting scared away. I just wanted to post saying that one should have their own experience before deciding against something.

Offline RevRuby

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • PonyPony
    • View Profile
    • http://revruby.deviantart.com
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2013, 08:08:45 PM »
it's all well and good to have both sides of opinions well stated. the sad fact is many of us have left DH due to Tina's issues. i order elsewhere now and altho i won't go blabbing about it here, it is easy enough to pm me if you're curious.  either way i've been done with DH and even before that i always dealt with her cautiously. a 7 yo thread is relevant if the person in question has made no changes to her business practices. i personally have been burned by Tina enough times to expect her current "good job" status will falter shortly and we're all gonna have grumble threads again. i promise to keep the laughter to myself

Ask me how to get a coupon to my etsy shop! it's EASY!
thank you to RobinHoodFan for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal