collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gift Option: Is it against Arena Rules?  (Read 4664 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Gift Option: Is it against Arena Rules?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
Oh boy I wish I was a anti conflict type lol. I think if someone came at me with that I could be 50/50 on either being like, "I am sorry but I don't feel comfortable...and welllllllllllllll......." LOL
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 05:44:15 AM »
Psst, if you want to print a label via PayPal at home without needing a transaction beforehand, you can do it here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

But still, don't ask your buyers to send as gifts. It's very hard to say "no thank you" to that request no matter how polite you're being, especially for us anti-conflict passive types =)

Yeah but that wouldn't have everything linked up from the payment and tracking, etc --- would it? It's nicer to have it the tracking linked to the transaction. ... and I think overall safer for buyer and seller. :)

although interesting now to know that I can print first class. Oh dang! I wish I would of known of that sooner for all the times I was put into a bind.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 06:32:01 AM »
I dislike the fact you can't dispute it but if it's someone I have bought from repeatedly who asks me to do it and I trust them, I have no issues doing it. I have never personally asked someone to do it. But when it's someone I've never bought from I'm pretty hesitant to do it.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 11:49:24 AM »
I never ask any of my buyers to pay as a gift or to cover my fees, but some buyers do it without me asking, but it's not too often. When I'm buying something, I'll only send payment as a gift if it's less than $5. Otherwise, if a seller is insistent on it because they don't want to pay fees, I'll just add on enough to the payment to cover the fees. That way I'm still protected by Paypal in the event that I don't get my item.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 01:04:58 PM »
I never ask for payment as a gift or for a buyer to pay fees. I think that should be the responsibility of the seller. Having a payment as goods makes it far easier, just purchase and print a shipping label through Paypal.

I have had numerous sellers ask me to pay via gift. I just add on the fees, no matter who they are. I would rather spend a tiny bit more and have some protection in case I never get my item(s).
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »
I never ask for payment as a gift or for a buyer to pay fees. I think that should be the responsibility of the seller. Having a payment as goods makes it far easier, just purchase and print a shipping label through Paypal.

I have had numerous sellers ask me to pay via gift. I just add on the fees, no matter who they are. I would rather spend a tiny bit more and have some protection in case I never get my item(s).

Yea I agree this is me too.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 04:25:35 AM »
It's not breaking any rules but sending money as a gift in my opinion is a risk.  If I know the person, well then maybe but with the influx of new members selling items with little to no feedback, I will not.

So the answer is no but I wouldn't recommend it.

*nods in agreement with Ponylady*  :nod:  same here. I only send money as a gift to friends and to people I know I can 100% trust, I never ask people to send money to me as a gift, and I wouldnt risk sending money as a gift to a newbie either.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »
I've never asked buyers to send payment as a gift, but some have sent it anyway so I wouldn't have to pay the fees. How sweet :)
My Wish List

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
Quite a lot of people ask for payment as gift on here I have found. I am fine with it if ive bought from them before. Otherwise I offer to cover fees if im worried, and always do so with people ive not bought from before.
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 08:38:46 AM »
I think the only time I would ask for gift is for someone with no feedback here or anywhere (like ebay or other websites under the same name). I guess I am a little overly cautious. I haven't had to do so yet though and I have sent payment sometimes as gift depending on the person.

Chinabun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2013, 09:13:49 AM »
Id gladly do it to people with 100% + feedback - but if they ask, id ask them to put GIFT on the customs form for me too. Some sellers dont want that, then I wont take the full risk alone either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 09:49:16 AM »
I've had someone send me payment as a gift of their own accord but as I hate it when sellers insist you send as a gift ("So you can't scam me!", which is just rude, and makes me wary) or pay their fees for them, I'd never ask buyers to do it for me. Only time I pay as gifts is for box splits where the host is making no money off the items whatsoever so making them lose money would be kind of mean after they went to the trouble of hosting the split in the first place.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »
Reading all this, I feel terrible now for asking my buyers to pay as gift... I usually did this because I am in Europe and the fees are really high if I receive payments from outside Europe. But I always said that if they are uncomfortable with it, they won't have to.
I thought it was the best way for both, seller and buyer. Of course there isn't the possibility to open a claim on Paypal then, but I never ever had any problems with buyers not receiving their items so I didn't even think about it...
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »
I never ask for payment as a gift or for a buyer to pay fees. I think that should be the responsibility of the seller.

Totally THIS!!!
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2013, 11:18:11 AM »
I've had someone send me payment as a gift of their own accord but as I hate it when sellers insist you send as a gift ("So you can't scam me!", which is just rude, and makes me wary) or pay their fees for them, I'd never ask buyers to do it for me. Only time I pay as gifts is for box splits where the host is making no money off the items whatsoever so making them lose money would be kind of mean after they went to the trouble of hosting the split in the first place.
Pretty much this. Except in my case (I'm hosting a Taobao box split right now), I don't mind if people send it as a payment, since I'm rather new. I just can't afford to pay to give people ponies, so I'm asking people to cover the fees. ^^;

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal