collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Now I know why some people call it evilBay.  (Read 8925 times)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Now I know why some people call it evilBay.
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »
Here's what I would do, I would keep the pony and just leave negative feedback with a lot of ones. I hate her attitude. She is starting to tick me off.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »
I haven't responded to this thread because I am a seller and instantly went on the defensive when I read what happened... I'm sure other sellers can relate.

Anyhow, I would just file a case- it's obvious from the seller's corispondence that she's trying to find any excuse to not refund you. I'm predicting she receives the pony back, emails you back to say she didn't see anything wrong with it and demands you pay x.xx to ship it back. It would be easier and save a lot of frustration to file a case. Ebay is always on the buyer's side, so she will be forced to refund you, just make sure you get delivery confirmation when you return it and don't worry about negative feedback as buyers can't receive any- I'm still surprised at the amount of buyers who think they can still receive it! honestly, her customer service sucks.

That's all I have to say.
Good luck!

I'm a seller as well as a buyer, so I can easily see this from both sides.  My biggest mistake in this was asking her to cancel my purchase after I thought I noticed a mark on the pony's hoof.  Oh, and bidding during the final seconds of the auction (come on, we've all done it) without inspecting the photo closer.  I shouldn't have done it, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.  When she said no and assured me that the pony was in excellent condition, I paid without complaint and looked forward to receiving my expensive, albeit lovely, pony.  The last thing I wanted in the world was for there to be anything wrong, and I hesitated before telling her since I automatically put myself in her shoes and knew she would find it suspicious.  However, based on her awful attitude throughout this whole thing, I have a feeling she would have been difficult no matter what.

As for buyers thinking they can receive negative feedback, well... why not?  I have never seen anything on eBay stating otherwise.  In fact, when I have left feedback for my own buyers, it still gives me the option of choosing positive, neutral, or negative, but so far I haven't needed to leave negative feedback for a buyer, so I didn't know I couldn't. 

With that last Note to the seller you are practically telling her its OK to deny a refund since you stated you would just deal with the pony and make her pretty if she didn't want to promise a refund. >.< Opening a case seems like your safest best.

You're absolutely right.  I was afraid to open up a case since there is the possibility I won't get a refund anyway, and she certainly isn't pre-disposed to give me one.  Plus, it's in my nature to be nice.  When I encounter a difficult person, especially via the internet, I try to remember that they ARE a person and not just a string of words on my computer screen.  I never wanted to be a difficult customer, and I rue the day I requested a cancellation of my order.  I will never do it again unless there is a darn good reason for doing so.  I have tried to make up for my part in things by being calm, patient, and professional.  I have apologized several times over.  But she refuses to see in me anything other than a crook.  I am done being Mrs. Nice Gal and have finally reached the stage where I will no longer feel guilty for opening up a case with eBay.  Here is her last e-mail that tipped me over the edge:

As stated before:  When I receive the pony back in the condition I sent her to you - I will give you a full refund.  This is despite the fact you have accused me of:

1.  Not stating there was a mark on the hoof (twice).   WHICH THERE WAS NOT.
2.  Threatening negative feedback in your original e-mail (based on the non-existent marks on the hoof) I DON'T APPRECIATE BEING ACCUSED LIKE THIS
3.  Suggesting that I somehow tricked you because of the tail - which I repeat again was not sticking up like this when I sent it to you. SO YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY DONE SOMETHING TO IT

It seems to me that you made a mistake in bidding on this (WHICH YOU STATED AT THE BEGINNING)  isn't it strange that when you couldn't find anything wrong with the hoof and that the pony was in excellent condition when it left here, and that, all of a sudden, it re-appears with its tail sticking out?  When you couldn't find fault with the hoof, all of a sudden there is something else to justify your refund.  You then accuse me of tricking you, so you can receive a full refund.  You then try and intimidate me by suggesting negative feedback if I don't comply.  Do you honestly think people will not see through this, when they read this correspondence?

I STATE AGAIN - WHEN I RECEIVE THIS BACK IN THE CONDITION I SENT IT TO YOU I WILL CONSIDER THE SITUATION AND IF THE PONY RE-APPEARS AS IT LEFT HERE I WILL GIVE YOU A FULL REFUND AND NOT BEFORE. ALTHOUGH I HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO AND DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR TONE IN THE E-MAILS.  DO YOU THINK YOU CAN THROW IN A FEW PLEASANTRIES AND DISGUISE THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE ACCUSED ME UNFAIRLY!

BY THE WAY, I HAVE NO REQUIREMENT TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL - IT SAYS NO REFUNDS AND THE TAIL WAS FINE IN THE ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPH!  IF YOU THEN CHOOSE TO LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK I WILL CHALLENGE IT AND TAKE IT UP WITH E-BAY.  THE DECISION IS YOURS.

Post Merge: June 18, 2012, 11:49:12 AM

This is Projection 101.  I never threatened her, and I never accused her.  In fact, I went out of my way to do exactly the opposite.  This e-mail of hers is both threatening AND accusatory.  So yeah, I'm opening up a case. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:49:12 AM by lochnessmomster »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 11:54:20 AM »
Wow.  I'd get banned from the arena if I posted what I'm thinking of her right now.

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »
Good, open up a case and best of luck.

To everyone saying a seller can't leave a negative, I think this is only true in our screwy american country. I think on other Ebay country websites you can still leave a negative for a buyer. I don't know which ones but  I do know that one some you can still do it. Sorry, don't know if the UK one you can still leave a negative. Can anyone confirm or deny?

But anyways Lochness, I don't know why she is so paranoid and upset at this point. I don't know what her deal is. But I'm sure Ebay will have you return the pony for a refund. After that I suggest a negative.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 01:14:39 PM »
Case is opened. <<sighs>> I really don't understand why we weren't able to work this out amicably.  We should have been able to come to a resolution without needing to get eBay involved.  I'm so bummed, and a little bit nervous, to be honest.  What if they side with her because of my initial "dodgy dealings" re: asking to cancel the transaction?  I know I have nothing to feel guilty about, which is why I opened a case, but still... it would be just my luck.   :sigh:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2012, 01:41:34 PM »
Don't feel nervous.  Look at it this way.  You have nothing to lose by opening the case.  This person is not going to give you your money back and they are acting really weird about the whole thing, accusing you of damaging her and still refusing a refund even if you send it back.  They were just not willing to work with you.  So if you do nothing you are just out the money and you have the pony.  If you open the case you have a chance to air out your side and get your money back.  But if they do side with her, then you are in the same place.  With pony, out money.  So really opening a case gives you a chance at your money back. 
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »
Case is opened. <<sighs>> I really don't understand why we weren't able to work this out amicably.  We should have been able to come to a resolution without needing to get eBay involved.  I'm so bummed, and a little bit nervous, to be honest.  What if they side with her because of my initial "dodgy dealings" re: asking to cancel the transaction? 

I don't understand either. At least you know that opening a case is when all else fails. So many idiots just open a case for the hell of it.

Anyways, your deal is a little unique. I don't know what Ebay will say. But I'm almost positive that they will tell you to send the pony back for a refund.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2012, 02:32:20 PM »
Case is opened. <<sighs>> I really don't understand why we weren't able to work this out amicably.  We should have been able to come to a resolution without needing to get eBay involved.  I'm so bummed, and a little bit nervous, to be honest.  What if they side with her because of my initial "dodgy dealings" re: asking to cancel the transaction? 

I don't understand either. At least you know that opening a case is when all else fails. So many idiots just open a case for the hell of it.

Anyways, your deal is a little unique. I don't know what Ebay will say. But I'm almost positive that they will tell you to send the pony back for a refund.

EXACTLY.  Which is why I don't understand where she's coming from with these crazy accusations.  I could have opened a case several e-mails ago, but I've been trying to see past her negative attitude and really try to understand her point of view.  All of her other e-mails, however frustrating, I have at least understood to some degree.  But this last one went too far. 

I explained the "uniqueness" of the situation to eBay, so at least it's all out there.  I'm not trying to deny my part in this.  You'd think if eBay DOES review our e-mail exchanges, they'd easily be able to see that I'm not just some online crook who wants to ruin items for refunds.  I don't know why anyone would want to anyway.  It's too much trouble. 

Don't feel nervous.  Look at it this way.  You have nothing to lose by opening the case.  This person is not going to give you your money back and they are acting really weird about the whole thing, accusing you of damaging her and still refusing a refund even if you send it back.  They were just not willing to work with you.  So if you do nothing you are just out the money and you have the pony.  If you open the case you have a chance to air out your side and get your money back.  But if they do side with her, then you are in the same place.  With pony, out money.  So really opening a case gives you a chance at your money back. 

Thanks for the encouragement, Sarah.  You've been nothing but sweet to me since this whole thing began.   :hug:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »
*pony hugs*  At this point I think all of us would like to avoid this seller... could you tell us what their ID is?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2012, 03:10:25 AM »
Her eBay seller name is barbaras1220, but her shipping details say she'll only post within the UK, so most people probably won't come into contact with her anyway. 

Post Merge: June 19, 2012, 03:22:34 AM

Here's what I would do, I would keep the pony and just leave negative feedback with a lot of ones. I hate her attitude. She is starting to tick me off.

LOL.  I agree that she deserves all ones, but I guess I still feel just a teensy bit bad for her.  If the situation were reversed, well... granted, I wouldn't have replied so unprofessionally... but I would probably feel the same way.  I'm half-tempted to close the case as a) I've not heard from her since I opened it, and b) I would really just rather move on with my life.  It's not worth the hassle just for a £16 refund.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:22:34 AM by lochnessmomster »

~Pony Wish List~

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2012, 09:54:37 AM »
Don't close it now. Don't worry she'll respond.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »
Don't close the case!!!!  You should NOT be bullied and pushed around over that kind of money.  Don't let her think it's okay to treat her customers like that. 

Thanks for the ID... I am sure most of our UK members would like to avoid her and her terrible attitude. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2012, 01:36:20 PM »
Don't close the case!!!!  You should NOT be bullied and pushed around over that kind of money.  Don't let her think it's okay to treat her customers like that. 

Thanks for the ID... I am sure most of our UK members would like to avoid her and her terrible attitude. 
Don't close it now. Don't worry she'll respond.

The case is still open, and you were right RPB, she eventually responded.  Same old story.  I have to wait until the 27th before eBay's Customer Support team will get involved since we are supposed to try to "work it out" before then.  LOL.  I really don't want to deal with her anymore, but I am leaving it open for the sake of others who might try to buy from her and later be bullied into leaving positive feedback.  I honestly don't understand how this woman has a spotless eBay record.  I will keep you updated.

~Pony Wish List~

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
You can escalate the case and Ebay will get involved asap.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2012, 03:23:03 PM »
You can escalate the case and Ebay will get involved asap.

Thanks.  I've looked into it and it says I can't escalate the case until eight days have passed.  Is that right? 

~Pony Wish List~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal