collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trading problem with DJOctaviasymphony  (Read 23712 times)

DJOctaviaSymphony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Trading problem with DJOctaviasymphony
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »
LadyMoondancer: That seems fair. I haven't opened anymore trades/sales at all since the mess and am only trying to figure this all out after I wont be doing much if ever at all anymore selling or buying on forums since it seems to just get confusing. I thought because it was going so well the first few months it would be smooth/easy t keep going but once 1-2 items got snagged the whole sales list went berserk.

Agree'd about sending half first as well wish I'd of thought of that sooner.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2012, 11:38:10 AM »
Hello all again quick update since I finally got a moment to get on the forums.

Alright so 1) Skeen I understand being wary especially with all the suspicious activity/scamming that has been happening in this community in the last year or so but it does hurt a bit that you make such a claim towards me when I know I haven't be anything but kind/honest with you. You asked for a few rare items and I had said I didn't have any current camera/photos for them but showed you the types you were asking for via Ebay because they were the only photos I could find to verify what generation and style you were indeed looking for. I'm sorry you took it that way

2) I honestly again would not jepordize my standing here after doing many trades/sales since August(why would I purposly give my personal information and stay around trying to be a fan/member just to scam? Seems silly) anyway they did run smoothly until October and I have apologized as much as I canonline and been trying to keep up and fix those left.  My bank is still overdrafted about -$700 and I dont know if they will fix it at all and my Paypal is totally shut down so I've been contacting to see if making a new one would be alright but still poses the question how do I get money for refunds into the new account? I just got a new job 2 weeks ago so I suppose if I have to I'll just be sending checks or cash to those still needing money back.

In any event I will keep in contact until this is all settled and please do come to be and discuss matters before jumping to paranoid conclusions, thank you!

::snort::  Paranoid.  Really.  Had you ever said you were sending me reference pics only, I might not have had an issue.  You never said they weren't yours, and you presented them to me as being yours.  Here are our PM's, to refresh your memory:

Quote from: DJOctaviaSymphony
Hello just wanted to let you know I have both items you were searing for in your recent post. Just wondered what a good price to sell the both would be? Im a bit bad at just picking a price but willing to work with you, thanks!

Quote from: Skeen
Plush Honeycomb and Applause Firefly? Awesome! Can I see pics? That will help determine price.  Thank you!

Quote from: DJOctaviaSymphony
Sure here are photos of them just let me know what you think is fair, thanks!

edit: seems wont let me attach my images could I email them? thanks!

Sure, you can try (my email address) or you could just link to your photobucket.

Here is the entirety of the text in your email:

Here you go.  :)

Attached were the 2 auction photos.  I replied and asked you for additional pictures.  Then I PM'ed you on the TP a few days later because I had not heard back from you:

Hadn't heard back from you. Do you have pics of the other side of Honeycomb?

So, please show me where I missed that you said you didn't have photos of your own items.  I guess it's paranoid of me not to have read what isn't there?  Or when my attemps to reach you have gone unanswered? 

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »
I am with Skeen on that - if I had gotten those messages with the pictures I would assume they were your own pictures of your own items - you even said "my images" in one of the messages. I can't imagine any other way youe messages could have been interpreted.  So to then see those same pictures on ebay and find out they weren't yours would have made me very concerned as well. Even if you weren't trying to deliberate scam her, the way you presented the pictures was definitely misleading.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:28:56 PM by NoDivision »

DJOctaviaSymphony

« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2012, 11:40:43 PM »
Alright quick reply here but right now it's basically your word against mine and I rather not have extra drama when there's enough going on online and in reality. Sorry you think bad of me other than that I am not sure what else to do/say.

Otherwise I will keep my end of the agreement and keep to fixing errors left on the list in this forum. Thanks.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2012, 05:40:19 PM »
Sending other people's pictures to those who inquire about your items is a huge no-no and that should be quite obvious, especially when the goal was to determine the selling price of said items. it is an especially dubious move after all the troubles you've already had, so I don't really think the issue here is your word against Skeen's.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2012, 03:30:20 PM »
Still waiting...It has been more than 2 months since this thread started...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2012, 08:58:40 AM »
Still waiting...It has been more than 2 months since this thread started...

Same... 
Really you cant get $5.00 from you job to send my item back. I'm tired of waiting nothings happening.
I know I lost shipping on this + the item cost...

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:18:45 AM by kakenterprise »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2012, 03:41:41 PM »
I am confused why is it taking two months and still people do not have their issues resolved?  What is the hold up?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2012, 11:18:16 PM »
Is this this months flavor of "scammer"? Everything I have seen here looks super fishy to me. Reminds me of that big hullabaloo a while back with that other scammer who swindled a lot of people out of money for the SDCC Grey Pegasus, among other ponies.

DJOctaviaSymphony

« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2012, 11:48:21 AM »
As I said before and will say again this was no kind of "scam"
a few transactions just ended up very confusing/arrived late or didn't arrive and need refunds. The only thing that's been standing in the way of finishing my refund list is my overdrafted bank account and Paypal account.

Still trying my hardest for those left, thanks.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2012, 02:17:24 PM »
Why don't you start a new bank account with a different bank and start sending back refunds via postal money order?  (For people in the US, anyway.  For international people they might have fees cashing a US money order.)  Postal money orders can be bought, and also cashed, at any US post office.  They are legal to send through the mail.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

DJOctaviaSymphony

« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2012, 02:42:16 PM »
^ That's a good idea acually. I can try it since every ther option is failing :( Thanks.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2012, 03:12:50 PM »
if you need to refund any Canadians, I think USPS still makes one that is cashable at most CanadaPost outlets too, (pink/rainbow, not the green ones). We can also cash them at the bank as well. I used to get them all the time as payment from US customers without issue- this was years ago however, so I am unsure if they've changed at all.

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2012, 05:57:40 PM »
Why don't you start a new bank account with a different bank and start sending back refunds via postal money order? 

I know I'm not really involved in this, but I'm going to stick my nose in anyway. I have several years of banking experience and can give a little insight on the matter.

If DJOctaviaSymphony is a repeat overdrafter or has had an overdraft for a long time, no other bank will open an account. There is a banking system that all "risky" accounts are reported to so other banks know not to open accounts for them.  If you are overdrafted by $700, any other bank you go to will says "Sorry, we can't open an account for you until you pay off Bank XYZ for the overdraft." As a former banker, I can assure you that this happens more often than you would think.

Any paychecks that get deposited into the new account will most likely be taken by the bank to cover the overdraft. And, they probably won't cash any checks unless a certain percentage goes towards the overdraft. Once a $700 hole is dug, it's very difficult to get out of.

DJOctaviaSymphony, have you gone to your local branch manager and explained your situation? Sometimes, if you have a good manager, they can stop the daily overdraft penalties.  You can set up a payment plan to get the overdraft taken care of instead of having everything you deposit being taken from you. They don't want to close out your account due to overdrafts because they don't want to loose you as a customer. They want to see that you are serious about repaying them.  I can't stress enough how important communication with your bank is in this situation. If you don't keep in touch with them, your accounts will likely be closed and sent to collections if this goes on for much longer. Sorry to sound all dooms-day about this, but this is what I've experienced multiple times at my bank.

I wish you all luck in getting your refunds and such straightened out. And good luck with getting your accounts repaid, DJOctaviaSymphony.  I've seen what a headache it can be and sincerely hope you have a bank that will work with you.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:06:12 PM by Eskara1862 »

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2012, 06:00:23 PM »
I'll actually attest to this too. I had a coworker who didn't have a bank account because of those reasons.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal