collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 56396 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1710 on: April 12, 2024, 04:28:32 PM »
BlackCurtains, I don't see why it's the business of the rental people what you do on your private sales. Is that normal practice over there? I could understand if it were a tax inquiry but not your rental people. Unless that is covered by some other payment scheme?

It's because I live in a subsidized housing complex. They want to make sure I'm not gaming the system by having loads of money stashed away while getting low income rent rates. My rent is 215 right now when the regular rent on an apartment this size in the same complex is like 800. Most of the housing in the complex is low income or HUD (which is also a housing program) but they do have regular units that "normal" people rent out and live in. So that's why they want to know about every penny I get. That's also why they do the inspections so often.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 13, 2024, 10:27:35 AM »
Well BC tell them the loot you're SUPPOSED to get is on hold & that's why you've been selling stuff... Go as far as showing them all the evidence & the claims you've been making to try & get your money back. Tell them the stuff you've sold makes the difference between eating & not eating, getting cleaning products & traps (for those ants) & not getting them, etc...
You're not rolling in it; you're using the selling money to survive. We ALL know this, time you told the rental people...

Minty you're right, that IS a nuts postage price!!! I hope you find a better one xxx

Shockponie, disabilities are NOT fun, & nobody should be insulting you for something you can't help xxx All the best in finding a new job with a more caring boss xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: April 13, 2024, 12:37:50 PM »
This is going to be long. :sigh:

My parents and I didn't seem to be getting along earlier.

My dad started out by thinking we were going to the clinic that's not even open on the weekends. We told him several times yesterday where we were going.

My dad still drives aggressively.  He says he "has to" because everyone else is the problem and not him. but I think a lot of the time he's the one that doing the aggressive driving and then blames other people for it.  For example he was in such a hurry the other day that he got in a turn only lane and then got mad when other drivers wouldn't let him in to the straight lane.  He also seems like he's always in a hurry to either get somewhere or leave.

My manga bookshelf is behind the TV because that's where my dad decided to put it.  I was putting some books away earlier and dropped one.  It was a book I've had for long time, but haven't read yet.  The book fell in all of the whiles behind the TV and when I picked it back up, the cover had several tears in it on the side.  I love books and try to them in excellent condition all the time.   I almost want to get a new copy, but I think the only thing that got damaged was the front cover.

I don't like putting really small amounts on my debit card. I will sometimes put something a little under $10 on but I try to keep it at least $10 minimum.  I wanted a couple of keychains at Target.  I was going to ask my mom to get them for me since I couldn't find anything else I wanted and both keychains together would be $6 plus tax.   When I turned around to ask her, she and my dad had left the section of the store I was in.  When I got to the front of the store, my mom had already bought the stuff she wanted and checked out.  Since I was still holding merchandise that wasn't paid for yet, I didn't want to go behind the checkout registers with it and tell them that I was going to look for something else to buy.  I watched them for a while and a couple of times they looked right where I was standing and still didn't see me.  After searching a couple of different areas of the store, I finally found something else to get and checked out.  When I tried to explain what happened to my dad, he basically said "We were up here waiting for you."  I knew that. I saw them standing there, but I can just imagine what the employees would have thought if  it looked like I was walking out with stuff and not paying for it.  My dad said "You could have put the keychains back, talked to us and then go back and get them."  While that's true to a point, there were only a few of the keychains I wanted to begin with and  I feel like if you put something back on the shelf, then it's fair game to anyone else because you've relinquished your claim on it if you put it back.

My dad asked my mom if she wanted to stop at the grocery store on the way home.  She said no.  as soon as we walked through the door, she got a text that her medicine was ready at the grocery store pharmacy so she rushed back out and she and my dad went to the grocery store.

My parents can't seem to keep track of my dog.  Sometimes when I ask where the dog is they tell me they don't know.  I'm always worried now that's she's going to get out again. 

I'm still worried about my monthly shot stuff too, but there's too much to go in to detail here in about it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1713 on: April 13, 2024, 04:06:45 PM »
PBW - Unfortunately, that wouldn't make a difference :(

Ponyfan - I'm sorry :hug: Misunderstandings with people you live with is always hard. Too bad your dad is such an aggressive driver. My dad went through a phase where he was too. I hated going anywhere with him. As far as the keychains, I agree with you. I would have probably walked up front though. I think as long as you don't try to leave and go though the detector you can take items anywhere but the bathroom. I haven't been to a Target in a long time though and don't know their rules.

I cleaned the tank really well and found four dead shrimp and one that was dying :( The females can live to 8 months but I got them as adults so maybe they died of old age. My water parameters are good and they have plenty of food and minerals. After the water cleared up from the cleaning, I saw a baby, but just one. I was careful cleaning so I didn't suck up any. My favorite shrimp, Bertha, is still alive and she still has eggs.  One other female has eggs too. I hope they are able to hatch and I'll have lots of new babies. When I have the money, I'll order some more too. I can technically hold 140 shrimp in the tank, I'm down to 10-15.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 14, 2024, 03:27:40 PM »
I'm sorry the shrimp died. :hug:

I told my mom we were having corn a lot last night and she acted like I was just being annoying about stuff.  Last night we had a can of corn and today we had the little ears of corn (not baby corn) I like corn, but not everyday.

Ponyfan

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1715 on: April 15, 2024, 10:24:31 AM »
i'm just feeling really down and blah today. not anything specific. i think it might be hormonal but i'm not in a good headspace.  i have calls coming up too and i don't really feel up to it. i can't put them off though.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1716 on: April 15, 2024, 12:51:34 PM »
I'm sorry you feel bad, Beth :hug:

I had planned to make a bunch of phone calls today and fill out paperwork for some important stuff. I woke up at 10 with a bad headache that turned into a migraine. I got some ice and a cold washcloth to put over my eyes and laid back down. I ended up falling asleep for 5 hours. It's almost 4pm now and most places close at 5. I feel really groggy. The migraine is gone but I'm upset that the day was wasted.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 15, 2024, 04:27:35 PM »
I hope you feel better soon BC and Beth. 

I think I'm coming down with something too. :(

I thought I posted here last night, but I can't find the post now. :huh:

I found out the pool my mom used to always take me to in the  summer when I was growing up is now a Member's Only pool. The membership costs $200 and there's no way to gain access to the pool without paying it. :(  Even If I had an extra $200 just sitting around with nothing better to spend it on, that's still a lot of money just to be able to swim for a couple of months.  They don't allow you to just pay for a one day pass just to swim either.  The city I live in doesn't always make smart decisions or listen to the citizens and last year they said there were replacing all city pools except one with splash pads.  A while back they announced that the last city pool won't open this summer because it needs to be repaired.    It always cost a little to go to the pool when I was growing up, but I think it was something like $5 and you could stay from the time the pool opened until it closed if you wanted to.   My parents tried the city pools at least once, but they said they were really crowded and it was almost impossible  to swim. 

I had a really, really hard day.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1718 on: April 16, 2024, 01:28:25 AM »
Wow, that's expensive for a pool. Do you have a Y or a rec center or something with a pool? The rec center across the street from me has a huge pool. Some people swim to get fit but you can swim there just for fun too. It's free.

I have a large, angry pimple on the crease of my nose. It HURTS >_<

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 16, 2024, 06:25:45 AM »
it's snowing again!  ugh
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1720 on: April 16, 2024, 01:37:00 PM »
Two more shrimp died :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 17, 2024, 04:13:06 AM »
BC oh no your shrimp!!!
Ponyfan that pool situation is ridiculous!!!

My complaint: it rained last night & my fan leaked rain into the bathroom!!! Most went in the bath but ugh...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1722 on: April 17, 2024, 09:39:15 AM »
Make that three :wail: and I can't find Bertha

I revised my review for the shrimp and said I've only had them a little over a month and they are all starting to die. I tested the water again and it's perfect. I did a water change the other day, but did nothing different than all the other times I've changed the water. I do have some brown algae growing by the heater but I read it's harmless unless it takes over your tank. Wah! :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1723 on: April 17, 2024, 12:49:00 PM »
i'm sorry BC :hug:

PBW is this the bathroom that's being renovated? hopefully they can fix during the reno.

my complaint today is i'm just tired and annoyed. i would like to take a nap but i have to wait until 5. i also need to re-up on my flood insurance by the end of the month. being an adult is annoying.

also it's very annoying when i write an email and then get distracted by people messaging me before i can hit send. especially when i think i did send the email and only realize i didn't after it's too late to send. :(
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 02:18:29 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1724 on: April 17, 2024, 03:52:32 PM »
Four casualties today. Including Bertha :sad:

Maybe I did do something wrong. I don't think this many would die so close together even if it was old age. I need to get a complete test kit, I only have the strips. I saw a video that said if you have bubbles staying on the surface from your bubbler filter, it means you have too much ammonia. I do have bubbles on the surface but there's no way for me to test for it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal