collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To re-glitter or not to re-glitter  (Read 551 times)

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
To re-glitter or not to re-glitter
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:45 AM »
I have some ponies with not so noticeable glitter symbols, glory, majesty, Moondancer and etc. Is it worth it to re-glitter their symbols? I have done so with a sunbeam and firefly but their glitter is a little off and it is a little bigger than factory. The ones I haven't done yet are going to stay in my collection so they aren't going anywhere. If I do their symbols what glitter would you guys suggest is the best option? I know this is a personal choice but I'd like to know if anyone else has done this and if they regretted and or have no regrets about doing it.

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: To re-glitter or not to re-glitter
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 07:26:09 AM »
I did re-glitter my Glory and my Moondancer as their glitter was badly faded. I was very careful and was happy with the results so no regrets there. However, in future I would maybe use a much finer glitter. Hope that helps a bit!  :biggrin:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 08:00:04 AM »
She's your pony. Go for it.:)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline gold.standard

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 08:14:57 AM »
I'm actually in the process of getting supplies for my regiller projects, I'm checking out some local craft stores to see if they carry a fine enough glitter. But if I can't find it locally, I have been told that this site has very fine glitter and has very close colors. http://www.ccartwright.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=57
I love art and ponies so much!!

Currently seeking ponies: Galaxy, Dewdrop Dazzle, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine, Sweetie Swirl, Sweetpop, Cherry Treats, Buttons, Baby Lucky Clover, Swirly Whirly, Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Clover

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 08:22:49 AM »
I'm actually in the process of getting supplies for my regiller projects, I'm checking out some local craft stores to see if they carry a fine enough glitter. But if I can't find it locally, I have been told that this site has very fine glitter and has very close colors. http://www.ccartwright.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=57

Nice!  I'm going to bookmark this site.  I've used ultra fine glitter from the craft store for a custom project but even that felt like a bit too large glitter particles for me so I'd love to find something finer to use in the future.

As far as re-glittering I say, if it's your pony and you aren't planning on selling it in the future go for it.  If you want to sell in the near future, then maybe not.  Re-glittering will likely negatively impact the re-sale value of the pony. 
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 11:46:44 AM »
Thank you for the comments and link! I'll have to check them out and put it on my list of things I need for different projects.  :lovey:

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 03:14:41 PM »
I've re-glittered a few of mine.  I'm quite happy with them, so bright and shiny.  I used craft store glitter, though, and it is a little big.  I have some others whose glitter I'd like to redo, and I want to use a finer glitter for them.  Someone suggested the glitter that is used for temporary tattoos, although I haven't tried that.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 02:20:19 PM »
I think it depends what you mean by "worth it". If you are keeping them in your own collection then I think you should do what you want - do you want them as they are "original" or do you want them restored? If you are doing it to add value for sale, then I honestly wouldnt; it wont add value and it may end up costing you more.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal