collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Too Old For Ponies...?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Too Old For Ponies...?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 02:31:24 AM »
No one is too old for ponies!!  :frolic: :frolic:

:cheer: :cheer: As long as they bring you joy and happiness in your heart and a big smile on your face, we are all still enough Young for them  ;) ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 02:42:00 AM »
Fact is that you will always be "too old" for something. And it always depends on the culture you're living in. You're supposed to play your role in this culture. It's all fake, so why bother?
Humans will never stop on doing pretend-play, liking cute things or collecting things. It's all part of our nature. Just because some things are made with children in mind doesn't mean adults have to stop liking it. Some people just stay "children at heart" and as long as you don't throw yourself to the ground in a toy store and scream for more ponies like a misbehaving toddler, you're safe :lol:

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 04:20:23 AM »
I always have toys on display and perhaps being a little eccentric and working in a creative field allows me to be as "odd" as I want but it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks and just do what you please as long as you're happy and not hurting anyone. I found that once you share your spendings with others and allow them to express their opinion then you're basically giving them a free pass to judge and more likely than not you'll end up hearing something negative so it's best not to bother.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 05:45:02 AM »
I feel silly sometimes, for liking them so much. I feel like I shouldn't want to spend so much money on something so, well, "pointless". I'm a bit like Rainbow Dash in that Read it and Weep episode. I love them, and despite not hiding it from people I do feel kinda silly sometimes. But hey, they make me happy so, I usually don't have a problem :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 08:50:44 AM »
This one is tough.  We have a whole range of people on the forums, different types and personalities.  I think if you have the ability to collect them, and you don't mind, then go for it.

That being said... I'm a 28 year old professional.   I'm an engineer and I lead a team of other engineers who I consider very intelligent people.  I would never, ever share my girlish love of my little ponies in a professional setting or with my colleagues, lest they lose their respect for me and question if I've lost my marbles. 

Bottom line:  Keep it to yourself when you need to keep it to yourself.  If you're worried people will judge you, don't tell them.  Chances are, they don't need to know.

Do what makes you happy, but I wouldn't broadcast it to everyone.

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 11:49:06 AM »
In a perfect world no one would dismiss or judge someone for their likes or interests or hobbies. Unfortunately that just doesnt happen. Whether you collect thimbles, dress up like a Klingon or play D&D every weekend, someone somewhere is going to think what you do is weird or age inappropriate.

The key is to live it and love it; embrace your hobby and while never letting it affect other parts of your life too much, dont be ashamed of it. If someone judges you for being too old for a perfectly innocent hobby, just judge them back for being so narrow minded :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 06:49:44 PM »
This one is tough.  We have a whole range of people on the forums, different types and personalities.  I think if you have the ability to collect them, and you don't mind, then go for it.

That being said... I'm a 28 year old professional.   I'm an engineer and I lead a team of other engineers who I consider very intelligent people.  I would never, ever share my girlish love of my little ponies in a professional setting or with my colleagues, lest they lose their respect for me and question if I've lost my marbles. 

Bottom line:  Keep it to yourself when you need to keep it to yourself.  If you're worried people will judge you, don't tell them.  Chances are, they don't need to know.

Do what makes you happy, but I wouldn't broadcast it to everyone.

Yes to this and Hathorcat's post.  I thinks it's good to be proud of what you love but to also exercise some discretion in how you demonstrate your love for it.  For instance, just today someone at work gave me some My Little Pony pencils b/c she had heard that I like them.  But it's also not something I share with colleagues generally--they may not know much about me, and honestly I'd rather them know about other things than my fondness of plastic brushables. 

I will say though that I think once you're over about 20, there's really much much less of a sense that you're "too old" for things . . . that's more of something that comes up with people who are still developing.  For example, you might be worried as a parent that a child who is 14 who plays with toys all the time isn't developing emotionally or relating to peers as well as he/she should.  By the time the person is 24, well that's just who that person is and you're not going to be able to change it! :)
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 08:26:50 PM »

bless you khema, bless you U_U

If you wanna get technical the answer is pretty obvious but in the end who cares? no one can tell you to stop loving something that makes you happy, yeah we all feel weird sometimes about buying ponies, hell I started collecting when I was 12 and felt weird back then

I remember that recently I went with my dad to the mall to hunt down some blind bag ponies and I was sweeping through the aisles all shady when I came across another girl around my age (I'm under 25) doing the same thing and we stared awkwardly at each other like you too? yeah me too sister

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal