collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To the doll collecters- instead of Equestria Girls  (Read 4625 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: To the doll collecters- instead of Equestria Girls
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 09:11:12 PM »
I think a better title would have been "what should be next?". EG is here and not going anywhere but it is fun to speculate what Hasbro might do next.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Dyzarktarzk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 09:34:42 PM »
I'm honestly very surprised Jem hasn't been rebooted yet, and I hope it does get a reboot someday! This line remains extremely popular with a cult fanbase even today, and unlike MLP it hasn't gotten a reboot every decade or so. Yet people still stay devoted! Do you know there are entire conventions SOLELY devoted to the cartoon Jem? I couldn't believe it when I found this out! I've never seen a convention devoted to just one cartoon, as opposed to a genre or a community of different types of fans (except Bronycon I guess, but Jemcon has been around a lot longer than MLP FiM).

This November, Jemcon is coming to Maine for the first time, and I'm totally going to go! I wasn't a huge fan of the show as a kid (I only played with ponies and Care Bears, no icky humans in MY playroom lol). But now as an adult I watch the old episodes and I love it because it's soooo 80's lol. Reminds me of younger days. :)

Off topic

I'd love to go!!  I've only watched again a few episodes of Jem and made me laugh (specially... the one about Pre-Hispanic ruins found in Mexico Episode 35, "The Aztec Ruins"?).

Watch it with with an archaeologist perspective...  and cultural heritage...  And you'll laugh really hard XD /bricked

/slowly retreats from off topic

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:37:15 PM by Dyzarktarzk »

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »
I still don't know what my opinion is of Equestria Girls. . .

But I would love to see a Jem revamp, as well or next or whatever.  I was a big Jem fan when I was four.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 09:50:35 PM »

Off topic

I'd love to go!!  I've only watched again a few episodes of Jem and made me laugh (specially... the one about Pre-Hispanic ruins found in Mexico Episode 35, "The Aztec Ruins"?).

Watch it with with an archaeologist perspective...  and cultural heritage...  And you'll laugh really hard XD /bricked

/slowly retreats from off topic

My dad's an archaeologist and anthropologist, and he's always complaining about tv and movies getting things wrong... Now I have to watch it. (And then I'll have to watch every other episode too...)

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 09:54:44 PM »
Again, I started this thread as a statement about two neglected brands, not as a slam on Equestria Girls. No I don't like it, but I have no disrespect for those that do. -_-

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »
Again, I started this thread as a statement about two neglected brands, not as a slam on Equestria Girls. No I don't like it, but I have no disrespect for those that do. -_-
Some friendly advice? You're perfectly entitled to express your opinions, but others are also allowed to express their dislike of how those opinions are stated. Maybe, in the future, think about how you state your opinions, and ask yourself, "How would I react if someone said this about something I like?" :) That seems to be the problem here, and also in a past thread.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »

My dad's an archaeologist and anthropologist, and he's always complaining about tv and movies getting things wrong... Now I have to watch it. (And then I'll have to watch every other episode too...)

Be prepared to laugh and to cry...  and to want to hit stupid people because, unfortunately (at least in the Spanish version -too lazy to search for the English episode =X- you want to hit people...

Now let's try to do something like that with INAH's knowledge and "permission" *cough cough* excuse me, Yucatán's State Government permission... and you get the Chichén Itzá's concerts -.-  That reflects what happens in the episode...  *sigh*  (And not taking into account the boy's situation...).

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2013, 11:36:12 PM »
I've never watched Moondreamers, but I would die if Jem got a reboot. Be it the doll line, show or both! I would love to get my hands on an Integrity Aja, Minx and Stormer, but I can't afford to drop $120 each when I would rather spend that on Disney Designer Dolls. I would love a new line of Jem that's more affordable that caters to everyone rather than the hardcore collectors. The show could easily be revamped into a more modern type show though I love the 80's cheesyness! :heart:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2013, 11:51:34 PM »
Oooh I would LOVE to have some Jem dolls! I would want them to be Barbie sized and not dolls with really big heads/eyes, but in proportion like Barbies :) There are too many dolls that have really skinny bodies and huge heads. I'd like to see some normal looking ones :) Or just make the collectible Jem dolls more affordable :P
My Wish List

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013, 12:23:06 AM »
I would have loved it if Hasbro rebooted Jem (I'm a total 80s kid at heart and Jem is the 80s-est thing ever created) instead of creating EQGirls, but let's be real--that would've been a very poor business decision.
They would have been launching a line that would be pretty unfamiliar to kids and most parents, which is always pretty risky. They'd have to spend a lot of time and energy redesigning Jem to be relevant in this day and age--because face it, Jem is pretty dated-- which means spending a lot, because time is money.
Hasbro is probably also really reluctant to reboot Jem because yeah, the cartoon seems to be getting a lot of viewership today, but so did the cartoon back in the eighties. The dolls failed spectacularly. And if the dolls didn't sell well back in a time where toy companies didn't have to worry about digital media stealing their customer base, they're not gonna sell well in the mega competitive market of today where that is an ever present reality.
I know nothing of Moondreamers, but I reckon it's the same thing: it's not right here, right now for a reason.
From a business stand point, it makes a lot more sense to take your best selling toy line, alter it into something that sells really well and sell it like that. It's a brand that's recognizable, in a setting that little kids love to consume. Hasbro didn't have much to lose, because I can bet that producing the EQGirls movie and doll design didn't cost anywhere near what launching a brand new line plus the beginnings of a cartoon would have cost.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2013, 03:53:41 AM »
Some friendly advice? You're perfectly entitled to express your opinions, but others are also allowed to express their dislike of how those opinions are stated. Maybe, in the future, think about how you state your opinions, and ask yourself, "How would I react if someone said this about something I like?" :) That seems to be the problem here, and also in a past thread.

And maybe in the future you could take your own advice. You are getting all up in arms because the OP stated she did not like the dolls (big deal, not many do) and she stated it in a way that was by no means as rude as you are making it out to be. She simply asked if other people thought revamping Jems instead of doing EQ and it seems to me you got all up in arms because she said she did not like EQDs. And as of your last comment you sounded condescending, as if the OP were a child, instead being as helpful as I assume you were trying to be.

The point: people don't always like what you do, get over it.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2013, 04:19:55 AM »

And maybe in the future you could take your own advice. You are getting all up in arms because the OP stated she did not like the dolls (big deal, not many do) and she stated it in a way that was by no means as rude as you are making it out to be. She simply asked if other people thought revamping Jems instead of doing EQ and it seems to me you got all up in arms because she said she did not like EQDs. And as of your last comment you sounded condescending, as if the OP were a child, instead being as helpful as I assume you were trying to be.

The point: people don't always like what you do, get over it.

THIS!

moonlight twinkle

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32:51 AM »
OMG! That would be awesome if jem and moondreamers were rerealeased! :hearts: :hearts:

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2013, 04:37:38 AM »
I could not imagine that as I have no clue what Jem or Moondreamers are......
but I think Equestria Girls is not stopping Hasbro from doing something with either.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2013, 04:57:27 AM »
OKAY! WHOA!

To those of you reprimanding one another - stop it. That job belongs to Corral Mods and Admin; and this is me now calling all of you out. The OP is entitled to his own comments on the subject and anyone following up is entitled to their own comments on the subject. However the subject of this thread is not "I hate EQG" nor is it "lets teach the person who sounds like they dont like EQG how to be more respectful".

What is respectful and what stops threads like these getting bitter, is simply to stay out of the conversation if you dont like the tone.

Some of you may be fed up with the negative threads, fair enough. Would you like to know what I am fed up with? Coming back to a thread which should simply be a discussion to see people pointing fingers at one another.

There have indeed been a lot of these threads recently. There are a lot of threads which repeat with regularity especially when you have a contentious topic. If you have an I :heart: EQG thread people are not going to be allowed to pop up and bemoan them meanly any more than people should be permitted to arrive in threads like this and give someone into trouble for not liking the same item.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal